Windows 10: Anybody know why my windows boot from SSD 120gb but my in disk management it is about 500gb...

Discus and support Anybody know why my windows boot from SSD 120gb but my in disk management it is about 500gb... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Makezu90 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Makezu90, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Anybody know why my windows boot from SSD 120gb but my in disk management it is about 500gb...

/u/Makezu90, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 18, 2020
  4. JimPta Win User

Anybody know why my windows boot from SSD 120gb but my in disk management it is about 500gb...

How to add SSD as boot disk on new Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 10?

Goal: Add a Samsung EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD and make it the boot disk for a new Dell 8700 running pre-installed Windows 10.

Questions:

• Do I have to change the BIOS from IRST to AHCI?

• Can I transfer the OS from the original C: drive to the SSD via

EasyUS Todo Backup
      ?

• Do I need the Windows installation disks?
    Background:

Using a StarTEC USB 3.0 to 2.5 SATA III Hard Drive adapter cable, I connected the new SSD to the new Dell 8700 via USB. The Dell transfer tools, and Dell Navigator, did not recognize the SSD. I later read a post that said that these Dell tools did
    not yet work with Windows 10. As suggested in another post, I did get the transfer to work using EasyUS Todo. I copied Windows 10 to the SSD. I then installed it internally in one of the empty drive bays. Windows 10 file manager recognized the drive and I
    was able to see that Windows was indeed copied on it.

But, before I change the Boot Sequence to start with the SSD, I would like to know if the OS transfer will indeed work and\or whether the BIOs needs to be changed from IRST to AHCI (if yes, how).

Finally, Windows disks, usually orderable from PC manufacturers, are not yet available from Dell. Alternatively, the “create USB recovery disk” goes in an endless loop even though I am trying to create one using a new 32GB San Disk USB drive.

Any other things I need to do in order to make this SSD boot configuration to work?

Thanks!

JimPta, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Anybody know why my windows boot from SSD 120gb but my in disk management it is about 500gb...

1. Anybody know why my windows boot from SSD 120gb but my in disk management it is about 500gb... - Similar Threads - Anybody why boot

2. Why is windows not booting from my SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is windows not booting from my SSD?: I replaced my motherboard and made a bootable copy of Windows 10. I then got it downloaded onto my SSD but when I restarted the computer to make sure all the drivers and updates were in place it booted back to my BIOS. Windows was activated and installed so I have no idea why...
  3. Why is windows not booting from my SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows not booting from my SSD?: I replaced my motherboard and made a bootable copy of Windows 10. I then got it downloaded onto my SSD but when I restarted the computer to make sure all the drivers and updates were in place it booted back to my BIOS. Windows was activated and installed so I have no idea why...
  4. Why is windows not booting from my SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Anybody here know what this is about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody here know what this is about?: submitted by /u/-Chicken_of_the_cave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhgg7s/anybody_here_know_what_this_is_about/
  6. Anybody know why my taskbar is so high

Anybody know why my taskbar is so high: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pablo-H131 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itn8ld/anybody_know_why_my_taskbar_is_so_high/
  7. Anybody know about this

Anybody know about this: [ATTACH] https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-the-new-hidden-features-found-in-preview-builds/ Build 19063 submitted by /u/MUKUND16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5tjzg/anybody_know_about_this/
  8. Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

Upgraded from 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: Just finished swapping out my Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD for a new Samsung QVO 860 1TB SSD on my Lenovo Ideacenter K450. Took about 1.5 hours start to finish. 1. Macrium incremental backup of existing 500GB SSD. 2. Swapped drives. 3. Clean install to 1TB SSD (to get new...
  9. Switch from old 320gb hdd to 500gb ssd (help w/ disk management)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Switch from old 320gb hdd to 500gb ssd (help w/ disk management): What needs to be done to use the full capacity? I read somewhere to "extend volume" but that option is grayed out for me. 141328
  10. Moving only Windows 10 from my 1tb hard drive, to my 120gb SSD

Moving only Windows 10 from my 1tb hard drive, to my 120gb SSD: Hi there, i purchased a 120gb in hopes of migrating windows 10 on to it and booting windows faster, unfortunately, all tutorials i find, require me to use 3rd party apps which all require me to have a 1tb ssd to make the move. So my question is, Can i move my copy of...