Windows 10: Anybody tried Native install on Surface Pro 3 yet.

Discus and support Anybody tried Native install on Surface Pro 3 yet. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. I'm just curious to know if anybody has installed W10 build 9926 in Native mode (i.e not as a VM) on a Surface Pro 3 yet. I did read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jan 24, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anybody tried Native install on Surface Pro 3 yet.

Hi there.

I'm just curious to know if anybody has installed W10 build 9926 in Native mode (i.e not as a VM) on a Surface Pro 3 yet.

I did read about some firmware fix needing to be applied but I'm very cagey about updating firmware on expensive devices. I come from the old fashioned engineering school "if it ain't Broke Don't Fix it".

Just curious to see if anybody is running W10 NATIVE on an SP3 and in particular the latest build and whether the firmware update was necessary to install the OS. The secure boot is quite well locked down - it took me a few attempts even with Brink's excellent tutorial to manage to override the secure boot so I could boot an OS from a USB device.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 24, 2015
  2. PMReddy Win User

My windows 10 surface pro 3 crashes whenever I run pgsql.

When I installed postgres on my windows 10 surface pro 3, surface pro crashes within 15 minutes of operation. Does anybody know why this is happening? How do I research this further to get at the root cause?

PMReddy, Jan 24, 2015
  3. Tom Haw Win User
    Windows 10 yellow triangle

Thanks Fred, it worked. And, it solved another problem I was having - I couldn't install CorelDraw X7 on my Surface Pro 4 - yet it works perfectly in a Surface Pro 3 and Pro 1. Once the yellow triangle disappeared, the software installed without a problem.
    Kudos!

Tom Haw, Jan 24, 2015
Thema:

Anybody tried Native install on Surface Pro 3 yet.

1. Anybody tried Native install on Surface Pro 3 yet. - Similar Threads - Anybody tried Native

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Powerpoint and Word AI anybody tried it yet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Powerpoint and Word AI anybody tried it yet: Hi folks just wondered if anybody has tried the AI features available for Powerpoint and Word yet. Seems IMO to be a good idea as I often see poorly presented Powerpoint stuff with the demonstrator just showing slides and reading the comments at the side -- which is a waste...
  5. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  6. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  7. W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet: Hi folks Just wondering if anybody on these Forums is usimg Windows 10 Workstation Pro yet and if so what's the difference between that and standard W10 Pro or W10 Enterprise. Cheers jimbo 116495
  8. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  9. Workspace 365 Anybody tried this yet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Workspace 365 Anybody tried this yet: Hi folks This to me looks interesting - especially if you have a website /domain Workspace 365: Online workspace on top of Office 365 RemoteApps seems the way to go to make applications easily avilable from all types of devices Any catch ? Cheers jimbo 91719
  10. Surface Pro 3 - anybody else yet

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 3 - anybody else yet: Hi there I can't wait to get my hands on this device - looks like I'm goin g to get an early delivery NEXT WEEK with a bit of luck. The spec looks fantastic -- this device is WAY more powerful than the laptop I'm currently "lugging around" and the screen resolution...