Windows 10: Anybody upgraded OEM (laptop/PC) to Windows 10?

Discus and support Anybody upgraded OEM (laptop/PC) to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just upgraded one of my laptops from factory installed OEM 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional, for whatever reason its being reported as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trusty LLama, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Anybody upgraded OEM (laptop/PC) to Windows 10?

I've just upgraded one of my laptops from factory installed OEM 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional, for whatever reason its being reported as retail, the bit that confuses me is in control panel / system, underneath Windows Edition it says

Windows 10 Pro
    C 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

Next

The Next is a blue link that links me to change my product key? I don't have this on any of my systems that have been upgraded from retail versions of 7/8/8.1, is it an OEM thing? Any chance you can check your systems if you've upgraded from OEM to windows 10.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Trusty LLama, Sep 14, 2015

2. Can I swap Windows 10 editions between my Devices.

Consider two laptops.

Laptop A : Old Laptop came with Windows 7 OEM. Upgraded to 8 pro via retail key and later upgraded to 10 pro.

Laptop B : New Gaming Laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM.

Can I use my retail key installed on Laptop A to upgrade my Laptop B to Windows 10 pro. Yet I want Windows 10 in my Laptop A. Can I manage to upgrade my Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10, I don't mind if Laptop A have 10 home.

Missaka Iddamalgoda, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 activation

Since the original laptop, came with Win 7 OEM licence, the Windows 10 upgrade was OEM licence, it is not transferable to another PC.

Windows 10 basically stores the ID of the motherboard with the KEY in the Microsoft cloud when it is activated for the first time.

This allows you do a fresh reinstall on your PC without needing a Key.

minangkabu, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Anybody upgraded OEM (laptop/PC) to Windows 10?

Nevermind it's gone after I've done some updates. Odd.

Trusty LLama, Sep 14, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    I've upgraded my ASUS G74SX-3DE from Win7 Home Premium OEM to Win 10 and it still shows the Change Product Key all the way on the bottom right next to Product ID... Some people change their keys and then it can upgrade the edition on the system.

Almighty1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Anybody upgraded OEM (laptop/PC) to Windows 10?

1. Anybody upgraded OEM (laptop/PC) to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Anybody upgraded OEM

2. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11: Hello,I'm switching up some of my computers parts and I need to know if I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will it be a retail version of 11 so that I can transfer it to a new motherboard....
  3. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11: Hello,I'm switching up some of my computers parts and I need to know if I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will it be a retail version of 11 so that I can transfer it to a new motherboard....
  4. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Has anybody had this happen with a Windows 10 PRO OEM?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Has anybody had this happen with a Windows 10 PRO OEM?: So I purchased an OEM key that arrived completely unopened and in the official Microsoft Windows 10 Pro sleeve. I inspected it and it legit looked it was never touched and had all untampered seals.After putting together a new build for my daughter, I was getting an issue...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10: So I originally had a Windows 7 OEM, but the motherboard it was tied to short circuited and had to be replaced, so now it’s technically not genuine cause of being on a different motherboard. I was gonna upgrade my pc, including the motherboard and was wondering if I could...
  7. Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade: Hi I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro OEM on DVD. With this PC I d like to use my old SSD drive. So I insert an old SSD drive in my new computer but I can not install Windows 10 Pro OEM on it. SSD drive was installed with Windows 10 Home OEM before. I boot my new Win 10...
  8. OEM Windows 10 Upgrades

OEM Windows 10 Upgrades: Here is a link from Corrine at Security Garden with links to OEM vendors support information for Windows 10. http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/2...indows-10.html Jim *Cool 18356
  9. Anybody know about anytime upgrade for Windows 10

Anybody know about anytime upgrade for Windows 10: I have Windows 7 home premium. I would like to get Windows 10 professional. Anybody know what the options will be? Will they have an anytime upgrade likes Windows 7? 6574
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition

Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition: I upgraded my custom built desktop from Windows 8.1 Pro With Media Center (Originally Windows 7 Pro Retail), and I've noticed I now have an OEM (Reserved) partition on my drive. I'm just about to do a clean install, and would like to know if it's safe to delete or whether I...