Windows 10: Anybody using 5G Phones -- performance compared with Broadband anybody

Discus and support Anybody using 5G Phones -- performance compared with Broadband anybody in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks assuming the data plans aren't hideously expensive I was wondering what the 5G service would be like if the standard Broadband systems become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Mar 24, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anybody using 5G Phones -- performance compared with Broadband anybody

Hi folks

assuming the data plans aren't hideously expensive I was wondering what the 5G service would be like if the standard Broadband systems become "Stressed" -- loads more working from home, streaming multi-media, video conferencing and skype , "Virtual parties" etc etc.

I haven't signed up for 5G yet but for those that have it --is it worth it compared with "Bog standard --decent Broadband" and 4G.

Note here I am referring to the 5 and 4G phone service --not the 5GHZ wifi system on standard broadband.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 24, 2020
  2. HiZack Win User

Did anybody in UK Orange get the 16G version of Samsung Omnia 7?

I was looking at Orange site, altho it didnt say anything about the internal memory of Omnia 7, but if you compare it with other phones, you can see the internal memory is 8G/16G. And I also saw a review post, which says the phone they bought is
    a 16G Omnia 7 from Orange.

Im really confused, if Orange do indeed has both versions.

Anybody knows?

HiZack, Mar 24, 2020
  3. xsteveuk Win User
    Anybody got and seen this on the Your Phone App

Anbody got and seen this on the Your Phone App
    Im currently on 1909 preview
    Looks cool to be able see calls in preview - You need bluetooth on your computer/laptop

Sadly I havent got bluetooth on my PC - But ordered a bluetooth dongle and hopefully will
    be able to take avantage of this cool yourphone update Anybody using 5G Phones -- performance compared with Broadband anybody :)

Anybody using 5G Phones -- performance compared with Broadband anybody [​IMG]

xsteveuk, Mar 24, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Forging a full fibre broadband and 5G future for all in UK

The UK is well behind... some European countries:

"Full-fibre connections – which are faster, more reliable and cheaper to run compared with traditional copper-based networks – only stand at 4% in the UK, lagging behind other European countries, including Spain at 71% and Portugal at 89%.

The Government aims to give the majority of the UK access to 5G and to connect 15 million premises to full-fibre broadband by 2025. It also said an increase in spectrum should help boost innovative 5G services."

There are proposals to turn off all copper connections in 7 years' time.. however there are questions over certain kinds of devices such as old people's alarms, silent burglar alarms and so on.

That report also suggested that consumers would pay an extra £5 a month. That would be a 20% increase on the basic contract price for me- I get up to 38Mb/s over a long cable across the road. My current provider is trialling fibre to the home in one area of the UK. Currently only two providers (Virgin and BT) offer fibre to the home.

One question that occurred to me was- if the power fails, the router ceases to work, so even if you have a phone that requires no power (remember those? - no nasty batteries which are bad for the environment...), then you could lose your connection. So old person falls, presses their alarm button, and- nothing. (Copper phone lines provide 50V DC at source, so can even power equipment using very little power).

Potentially a change of certain equipment would be required.

dalchina, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Anybody using 5G Phones -- performance compared with Broadband anybody - Similar Threads - Anybody using Phones

2. sound anybody?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound anybody?: how to i get windows to produce sounds from numerous programs?right now it only does one program at a time and it is extremely annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-anybody/9e3fb248-4dc0-43df-94a9-9e0e5fc3e946
  3. sound anybody?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound anybody?: how to i get windows to produce sounds from numerous programs?right now it only does one program at a time and it is extremely annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-anybody/9e3fb248-4dc0-43df-94a9-9e0e5fc3e946
  4. sound anybody?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Anybody!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anybody!!: What does this mean and is it MY problem or THEIRS??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anybody/cb366e1e-abef-4af7-b92c-b3a2d64af520
  6. Anybody!!

Anybody!!: What does this mean and is it MY problem or THEIRS??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anybody/cb366e1e-abef-4af7-b92c-b3a2d64af520
  7. Anybody!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Anybody see this ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anybody see this ?: Hallo Forum...I been loading down Formula 1 and MotoGp in many, many years as torrent from 1337 site. One day I was searching around in the reg.edit in Win 7 Pro, and I find a registration on BanHammer who are the creator of the torrent I downloaded. I did a regscan and...
  9. Anybody got and seen this on the Your Phone App

Anybody got and seen this on the Your Phone App: Anbody got and seen this on the Your Phone App Im currently on 1909 preview Looks cool to be able see calls in preview - You need bluetooth on your computer/laptop Sadly I havent got bluetooth on my PC - But ordered a bluetooth dongle and hopefully will be able to take...
  10. Is anybody using Classic Shell ?

Is anybody using Classic Shell ?: Was classic shell retained when upgrading to 16299 ? ( 16299 is also called the FALL upgrade.) 95875