Windows 10: Anyone dump Photos because of inaccurate face detection?

Discus and support Anyone dump Photos because of inaccurate face detection? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Was hoping Microsoft Photos would work, but Adobe and Nero did better, and Photos misses key individuals and/or lumps young people into one categoroy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARTZ_813, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ARTZ_813 Win User

Anyone dump Photos because of inaccurate face detection?

Was hoping Microsoft Photos would work, but Adobe and Nero did better, and Photos misses key individuals and/or lumps young people into one categoroy. I don't want to waste too much more time on something that may not work, so curious if others have succeeded using Photos?

:)

ARTZ_813, Mar 31, 2020
  2. sunberg Win User

Turn On or Off Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app

This feature seems to be bugged on the latest version. Photos with faces are recognized and listed in the "tag list" under search box, but "People" tab is empty. Tested on another device with exactly the same result...

edit: Well, I figured it out. Gallery must contain at least 3 photos of a person to show up on "People" tab. *Wink

sunberg, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Ank59 Win User
    Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

It seems your suggestion works. Photos is still indexing but has already detected much more persons as well as more photos for the various persons. Thank you so much.

Ank59, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Anyone dump Photos because of inaccurate face detection?

Turn off Face detection.

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions on face detection.

You can use the Windows Feedback tool at any time to post up feature suggestions. We monitor the feedback tool to incorporate your suggestions into our next version of windows.

How to file an issue via Windows Feedback:

1) Click the start button

2) Select All Apps

3) Scroll down the app list and click on "Windows Feedback"

4) If this is your first time launching, you may need to sign in with your Microsoft Account

5) In "Search for feedback" title bar enter your subject, something like "Fade Face Detection", if you can't find anything that matches your suggestion, move on to the next step.

6) Click the "Add new feedback" button to create your feedback

7) For category select Apps>Camera for the path

8) Click "Suggestion" radio button

9) Add is much info as you can so we can properly understand your suggestion.

10) Click the "Send" button

Encourage your friends and family to upvote your suggestion by searching for it by title in the Windows Feedback too and clicking the +Upvote link.

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Anyone dump Photos because of inaccurate face detection?

1. Anyone dump Photos because of inaccurate face detection? - Similar Threads - Anyone dump Photos

2. Face Grouping in Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face Grouping in Photos: Does anyone know how to move a photo from one face grouping to another in the Photos app? My son and daughter looked very similar when they were young and a couple hundred photos of my daughter are showing up under my son's face grouping. Can I move these to her face...
  3. Face Grouping in Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Face Grouping in Photos: Does anyone know how to move a photo from one face grouping to another in the Photos app? My son and daughter looked very similar when they were young and a couple hundred photos of my daughter are showing up under my son's face grouping. Can I move these to her face...
  4. Not all the photos in my folders considered in the people face detection.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not all the photos in my folders considered in the people face detection.: I am using Windows 10 version 20H2 19042.804 and Microsoft Photos 2020.20120.4004.0. Face detection is On, but only a few photos from the same directory are considered for face recognition. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks!...
  5. Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app: [ATTACH]The exclusive Photos App on Microsoft’s latest operating system Windows 10 is the default photo-sharing application that allows users to conveniently view all your stored […] This article Disable Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app first appeared...
  6. Face Detection Not Function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Face Detection Not Function: New surface go 2 still in windows s mode is using about 1 week. However, the face detection is not function most time after sleep mode by keyboard cover closed up. Please fix it....
  7. Face tags in Photos

Face tags in Photos: I spent countless hours face tagging and rating my photo collection with Photo Gallery from Windows Live Essentials. What a waste. Photos will not use all this data, and it cannot tell the difference between my son and my daughter. Nor will it let me correct the many wrong...
  8. Windows Photos: Faces detected but not recognized

Windows Photos: Faces detected but not recognized: Hey there, this seems to be a Problem many have for several months. Windows Photos stops to recognize persons after about 200 photos and does never every continue. Looking into the database file reveals that there have been more than 100 000 faces detected, however there are...
  9. Faces in Windows 10 Photos app not being detected.

Faces in Windows 10 Photos app not being detected.: Hello, Windows Photos app hasn't been detecting faces and I'm not very sure why. I checked settings to make sure "People" was on, I restarted the app and my PC, and I have waited about a month. This is really annoying and I would like to get People working again. Please...
  10. Turn On or Off Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Turn On or Off Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app How to Turn On or Off People Face Detection and Recognition in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and...