Windows 10: anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update?

Discus and support anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My system runs a grub dual boot with Linux and Windows 10. After a recent feature update, my computer no longer booted to grub and instead went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pietder, Feb 25, 2020.

1. pietder Win User

anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update?

My system runs a grub dual boot with Linux and Windows 10. After a recent feature update, my computer no longer booted to grub and instead went straight to Windows. However, when it does so it loads a black screen with a mouse

I have tried booting into installation media via USB and uninstalling recent updates. When that didn't work I decided to do a custom install and hope enough of my files would be in windows.old. When I booted into this custom install, I went through most of the setup instructions until suddenly it crashed and went back to a black screen and mouse

Any idea what might be going on or other tips for repairing my PC?

:)

pietder, Feb 25, 2020
  2. renkun Win User

Recent udpate - screen boots black with just a mouse pointer

Hello everyone,

So i recently gave my laptop an update today. It was fine before but...now it boots to a black screen with just a mouse pointer visible. What should i do?

Many thanks. Ren.

renkun, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Black screen with mouse?

i seem to be getting this alot lately. how do i solve it?

windows boots, welcomes, then i get black screen with mouse and nothing else. mouse works, its not frozen. it will sit at that screen for hours.

Fitseries3, Feb 25, 2020
  4. anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update?

Black screen showing only mouse pointer after Windows Update

every time i install windows updates and reboot i get a black screen with the mouse and nothing else.

i cannot get into safemode either. it does the same thing. black screen with mouse.

i have to boot from the install dvd and run system restore to get it back to the desktop.

i have tried to figure out which update thats doing it and have had no success.

any idea what to do?

Fitseries3, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update?

1. anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update? - Similar Threads - anyone else booting

2. anyone else have a boot problem after recent windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    anyone else have a boot problem after recent windows 10 update?: I updated windows 10 a few days ago with the update and shut down and ever since my computer powers on but dosnt display or turn on my mouse or keyboard the LED's come on when normal boot. I reseated my GPU and ram thinking that is causing the problem but its still doing...
  3. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: I have the same problem as the below posting. I have tried a bunch of things to remedy this issue, but really nothing works. "Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates"...
  4. Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?: I added a script when our users connected to our VPN using the Linux command ether-wake to wake their Windows machines, and it stopped working about a month ago. It worked for years before. Even running it several times manually no longer works to wake Windows. We have a mix...
  5. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which...
  6. Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates

Five minute black screen on booting after recent updates: After the recent automatic updates that took place yesterday, every time I turn on the computer it takes about five minutes to boot up. The Windows logo shows up after the manufacturer screen, along with a few seconds of spinning dots. Then it goes to a black screen which...
  7. Windows 10 recent updates anyone else bluescreening?

Windows 10 recent updates anyone else bluescreening?: Since doing the second to last update and todays my brand new laptop is blue screening anyone else having this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-recent-updates-anyone-else/4a989964-17f7-4c44-a6d2-ad2d606dd1f7
  8. Black Screen After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen After Recent Update: I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons. 1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can tell there is a distinct lag between turning on my PC and getting to the login screen. Although this problem seems to be...
  9. Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround: This worked for my post boot black screen (no cursor) issue. It's a workaround rather than a fix but I think we're dependant on Intel releasing an upgraded driver to fix the issue properly. My Asus X53E laptop is using the i7 2670QM CPU with integrated Intel Graphics HD 3000...
  10. Recent udpate - screen boots black with just a mouse pointer

Recent udpate - screen boots black with just a mouse pointer: Hello everyone, So i recently gave my laptop an update today. It was fine before but...now it boots to a black screen with just a mouse pointer visible. What should i do? Many thanks. Ren. 27706