Windows 10: Anyone else experience an abnormally large paging file?

Discus and support Anyone else experience an abnormally large paging file? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some time now I have noticed my performance in games aren't meeting my specifications. I was always blaming my CPU or GPU. But I think I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaredKosiba, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Anyone else experience an abnormally large paging file?

For some time now I have noticed my performance in games aren't meeting my specifications. I was always blaming my CPU or GPU. But I think I finally found out what is causing the mediocre performance. Viewing MSI Afterburner I realized that my paging file while gaming increases up to as much as 4gb in size. All while my physical RAM still has ample capacity. While playing Battlefield V for example my total memory usage (RAM + pg.sys) is around 12gb. This simply shouldn't be happening. The page file has no reason to reach 4gb. I think that my game is distributing some of the memory usage to my page file instead of my ram which is what is slowing performance down. If I turn off the page file entirely and try to launch Battlefield V it crashes instantly. I tried viewing the page file like you would view normal memory but that obviously doesn't work. So I'm confused.

:)

JaredKosiba, Sep 10, 2018
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Sep 10, 2018
  4. normpope Win User

Anyone else experience an abnormally large paging file?

Graphics too large - large portion of page is hidden

Graphics too large. Have followed suggestions by virtual technician, but no luck. Can't see about 1/8 of page.

normpope, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Anyone else experience an abnormally large paging file?

1. Anyone else experience an abnormally large paging file? - Similar Threads - Anyone else experience

2. For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files: My original conversation with DavidM121 dates back to October 5, 2022 titled "Random "BSOD" incidents" I got up this morning and moved my mouse to "wake up" the screensaver and within a couple of minutes that darn BSOD came up again and I had to wait for a reboot and things...
  3. For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files: My original conversation with DavidM121 dates back to October 5, 2022 titled "Random "BSOD" incidents" I got up this morning and moved my mouse to "wake up" the screensaver and within a couple of minutes that darn BSOD came up again and I had to wait for a reboot and things...
  4. Microsoft Photos app frequently hanging, failing. Anyone else experience this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Photos app frequently hanging, failing. Anyone else experience this?: Microsoft Photos app is frequently (every 2 or 3 times it opens a .jpg) hanging and failing to display the image, I close the app, blue circle spins for several seconds on the cursor, then the app resumes working, until next hang. Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried...
  5. Anyone else experience these bugs?

Anyone else experience these bugs?: I get three frequent bugs with Windows 10. -Certain windows lag when I close them. The taskbar lags sometimes when it hides/unhides. -Sometimes a window will overlap the taskbar when maximized. I have to press the windows key to get it to show up again. -Taskbar icons will...
  6. Abnormally large Windows 10 folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Abnormally large Windows 10 folder.: Hello all, Having done some research, it seems that the Windows folder for a Windows 10 installation should be somewhere between 15-20 GB. My Windows folder is 80 GB. There are several threads relating to this topic, but I have not been able to find any which arrive at an...
  7. System files abnormally large

System files abnormally large: [ATTACH] I was recently checking storage to see that my system files has over 600 gbs, I am very unsure how to clear, I ran a defragment and optimize drives and it still didn't change. Moreover, I also ran a sfc /scannow and it still didnt change anything, any help will be...
  8. Does anyone else experience random bluetooth disconnects for headphones when it's not in use?

Does anyone else experience random bluetooth disconnects for headphones when it's not in use?: When my headphones don't have sound playing through them, after about 60s, they just disconnect. However, they instantly reconnect and constantly re/disconnect until I have sound playing through them again. It's really annoying, and I've already turned off all the Power...
  9. Can no longer boot from anything else than windows - anyone else experience this?

Can no longer boot from anything else than windows - anyone else experience this?: I've been running Ubuntu as dual-boot for about a year now alongside Windows 10, and everything has been working wonderfully until today. Today, the machine booted directly into Windows 10 without giving me the option to boot Ubuntu instead. In my UEFI settings, the Ubuntu...
  10. Is the AMD drivers page blank for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the AMD drivers page blank for anyone else?: So it appears the AMD drivers page is empty? Is it the same for anyone else?Cheers! 93770

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paging file ridiculously large