Windows 10: Anyone Else Experiencing Unacceptable Customer Service?

Discus and support Anyone Else Experiencing Unacceptable Customer Service? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro disrupted too many administrative rights and lost too much Outlook data to detail here. And now saved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidDoiron, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Anyone Else Experiencing Unacceptable Customer Service?

My upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro disrupted too many administrative rights and lost too much Outlook data to detail here. And now saved files are disappearing.

Two days ago, I was recently placed on hold with my cell phone for over an hour. At times, there was no music. Nothing. Only the timer on my phone indicated that I might still be connected with Tech Support.

Not wanting to lose my place in the queue, I called from my landline. After about 30 minutes, John answered, pretended not to hear me, and hung up.

This morning, I had a prescheduled 9 am CST phone call with a Level 2 Tech. He never called.

I then had a chat session with an “Advocate”, Victor T., and was assured that someone would call within 30 minutes at 10:05 am. And that was now about 4 hours ago.

Never, until now, did I consider switching to Apple. Had I not bought a loaded PC 3 years ago, I would do so.

Steve posted a similar experience on August 4, 2018. Microsoft seems to have a pattern of abusing Customers.

- Whistler

Spring, TX

:)

DavidDoiron, Jun 17, 2020

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Unacceptable to me

1. They don't need to know
    2. They can't even properly secure your info from criminals
    3. Why should they receive money for my info when I don't?

The test I always apply in these type of situations is to replace <Corporate Name> with <Government Agency>:
    1. "Sign in using your MS Live account."
    2. "Sign in using your Department of Homeland Security account."

As far as I'm concerned, if it is unacceptable for one sector to do something, then it is also unacceptable for the other sector to do it.

In the above example, it's unacceptable to me that I should have to inform either of those groups, when I want to use my PC. Fine, then don't use Windows 8.0, 8.1, or Windows 10. Switch to another operating system that meets your requirements. What's so hard about that?

alphanumeric, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Anyone Else Experiencing Unacceptable Customer Service?

Commuting with Microsot customer service

Hi Michael,

Allow me to gather more details about the problem that you have so I may be able to point you to the right direction.

• What negative actions were you referring to?
    • Were you able to contact our Customer Service?
    • What number did you dial?

To make sure that you connect to the right Customer Service support, here the complete list of the

Global Customer Service phone numbers

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Anyone Else Experiencing Unacceptable Customer Service?

1. Anyone Else Experiencing Unacceptable Customer Service? - Similar Threads - Anyone Else Experiencing

2. Is Anyone Else Experiencing Higher 'Windows Security Health Service' Memory Usage Lately?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Anyone Else Experiencing Higher 'Windows Security Health Service' Memory Usage Lately?: I've noticed this over the past few days, but I'm unsure when exactly this started; it might have been caused by the latest Cumulative Updates on the 14th or the latest Platform Update for Defender on the 23rdit's normal for Antimalware Service Executable to use 150-300MB of...
  3. For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files: My original conversation with DavidM121 dates back to October 5, 2022 titled "Random "BSOD" incidents" I got up this morning and moved my mouse to "wake up" the screensaver and within a couple of minutes that darn BSOD came up again and I had to wait for a reboot and things...
  4. For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files: My original conversation with DavidM121 dates back to October 5, 2022 titled "Random "BSOD" incidents" I got up this morning and moved my mouse to "wake up" the screensaver and within a couple of minutes that darn BSOD came up again and I had to wait for a reboot and things...
  5. For "DavidM121" or, anyone else experienced with minidump files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  7. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  8. Unacceptable policies and customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unacceptable policies and customer service: I am so frustrated with Microsoft. Two days ago, the password I have been using and have stored in my password manager stopped working. When I click "reset my password", it says I cannot because I am not registered for "password reset". I keep calling for assistance, but each...
  9. Unacceptable policies and customer service

Unacceptable policies and customer service: I am so frustrated with Microsoft. Two days ago, the password I have been using and have stored in my password manager stopped working. When I click "reset my password", it says I cannot because I am not registered for "password reset". I keep calling for assistance, but each...
  10. Unacceptable policies and customer service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing