Windows 10: Anyone else getting weird vertical shadows above windows?

Discus and support Anyone else getting weird vertical shadows above windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RupeScoop [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RupeScoop, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Anyone else getting weird vertical shadows above windows?

/u/RupeScoop, Aug 21, 2020

2. shadows not working on desktop (windows and mouse pointer)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• When you say Shadows are you referring to drop shadows?
    • Were you able to get this shadows just after upgrade to Windows 10? If yes, were there any significant software or hardware changes made after that?

Drop shadow is a visual effect consisting of drawing that looks like the shadow of an object, giving the impression that the object is raised above the objects behind it.

Method 1:

If you have not tried the following steps you may check if it helps.

• • Open Control Panel and click System and security.

• Click on system.

• Click on Advanced system settings.

• Go to Advanced Tab.

• Select performance.

• Click settings.

• Check “Show shadows under windows” and click OK.

Method 2:

If the above method does not help, I would suggest you to try different background themes and check if it helps.

I hope the above information helps. If not, please get back to us with the updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Aug 22, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Anyone else getting weird vertical shadows above windows?

Error 0x80042308 i Windows 10 Pro

Hello Skott,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

Check if the Volume Shadow Copy service is running on your computer or not.

To check for the same follow the steps below:

• On the Start screen, type ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
    • Locate “Volume Shadow Copy” and check if the service is started.
    • If not ‘Start’ the service.

If the service was already started, I’d suggest you to stop the service and restart the same. Repeat the above steps for ‘Windows Backup service”, too. Now check if you can create restore point.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else getting weird vertical shadows above windows?

1. Anyone else getting weird vertical shadows above windows? - Similar Threads - Anyone else getting

2. Is anyone else having problems with Photo Legacy flipping photos from Vertical to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone else having problems with Photo Legacy flipping photos from Vertical to...: Is anyone else having problems with Photo Legacy flipping photos from Vertical to horizontal orientation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anyone-else-having-problems-with-photo-legacy/2293313f-dfdf-42e9-8857-90e975f6a3d0
  3. Is anyone else having problems with Photo Legacy flipping photos from Vertical to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is anyone else having problems with Photo Legacy flipping photos from Vertical to...: Is anyone else having problems with Photo Legacy flipping photos from Vertical to horizontal orientation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anyone-else-having-problems-with-photo-legacy/2293313f-dfdf-42e9-8857-90e975f6a3d0
  4. Getting weird visual UI bugs in the Xbox App for PC, anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting weird visual UI bugs in the Xbox App for PC, anyone else?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SamuelGTurner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j697p7/getting_weird_visual_ui_bugs_in_the_xbox_app_for/
  5. Is anyone else getting on the nerves of Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is anyone else getting on the nerves of Windows 10?: After every second update my complete configurations are constantly gone, as if I had installed a completely new Windows (which it probably is). You can find instructions on the internet, but they don't have anything to do with the current Windows 10 version of the menu...
  6. Anyone else get this spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anyone else get this spam?: Refund and Cancel the Renewal Dear Customer, We Thank You on the completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection plan with 24/7 technical support. We have charged you $299 for the 12 months of subscription from your account. We tried to contact you on your registered...
  7. Menu Shadow Bug (18363.778) does this happen for anyone else (Transparency must be on)

Menu Shadow Bug (18363.778) does this happen for anyone else (Transparency must be on): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/therealfvknl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4m7mn/menu_shadow_bug_18363778_does_this_happen_for/
  8. Does anyone else get this weird space under their power options?

Does anyone else get this weird space under their power options?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/c3x9r04eq2b41.png?width=336&format=png&auto=webp&s=754486df533611ad6c5efc59e634e09908bcc219 submitted by /u/kiriiya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epeq52/does_anyone_else_get_this_weird_space_under_their/
  9. Anyone else getting Cortana spam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else getting Cortana spam?: This started two days ago: Whenever I click on the taskbar search box, Cortana pops up, as always; but now, instead of just showing my local weather, there is a message, "Get Cortana on your phone", with links for Android, Windows Phone, and iPhone. [img] I tried a...
  10. Anyone Else Get Survey Email?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone Else Get Survey Email?: Was wondering if anyone else received an email from MS last week concerning a survey. [img] LOL! When I get all done with the survey I get this ad for survey company's app. Where's the one for the Windows phone? And iPoll? What the?!! [img] 3176