Windows 10: Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box?

Discus and support Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cfast20 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkb263/anyone_else_have_a_mysterious_black_box_appear/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cfast20, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box?

/u/cfast20, Jul 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Black text boxes

I have a brand new 17.3 inch HP note book. It is up to date and has virus protection.

I have recently been suffering from the following problem. Whenever the mouse pointer hovers over an icon or an action box the drop down menu or text box is black and the directions unreadable.

eg. I opened the computer task manager and I had only the icons on the left of the page but the details on the right side was just a black box?????

For information I have tried running CMD as administrator sfc/scannow and no issues were identified.

RussellTaylor59, Jul 2, 2020
  3. AdamK101 Win User
    Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D

When I try to create a text box on top of a photo, I get nothing - nada, zero, zilch.

Here are the steps I'm taking:

1. right click on a jpeg file and select "edit with paint 3D"

2.click on "T" (text) at the top, hover over the area I want my text box and click again.

...at that point I get the active text box with animated border, the drag-to-resize squares and the rotate icon.

No matter what I do (resize the box, click inside and start typing, double click, right click, change fonts, increase/decrease the font) NOTHING appears
    in the box. I'm positive nothing else is selected or running behind the image.

Thanks for any help - you guys ROCK !

* Moved from Insider

AdamK101, Jul 2, 2020
  4. donwb Win User

Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box?

Color Changes to mouse hover

Hi Dick

Tried the icon cache reset, it did reset, but so far I didn't detect any change.

I looked at your step recording. What's interesting is that your taskbar does show a loudspeaker icon, apparently even when you're not hovering over it. Then when you click on it you get the vertical slider picture. I get that but by clicking on an empty box. For me, the same is true for the other missing icon - "new notifications"

In your other picture of the mouse over the power icon, I get that just the same, but when I move the mouse down to the first option - Sleep - it is replaced by a black rectangle.

I'll live with these for the time being.

I will try MCBUILDER.exe and report the results later.

.....then I'd have to consider the Spitfires.......

Many thanks
    Don

donwb, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box?

1. Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box? - Similar Threads - Anyone else mysterious

2. Black box appearing on screen over apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box appearing on screen over apps: This has happened a few times in the past but has since stopped but restarted again. It happens totally at random and if I'm playing a game it completely closes out the game without warning. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to restart my whole computer which is...
  3. Black box appearing on screen over apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black box appearing on screen over apps: This has happened a few times in the past but has since stopped but restarted again. It happens totally at random and if I'm playing a game it completely closes out the game without warning. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to restart my whole computer which is...
  4. ghosting of text input boxes over adjacent input boxes

ghosting of text input boxes over adjacent input boxes: I upgraded to Windows 11 a couple of weeks ago and ever since have struggled with ghosting of text from different input boxes displaying over each other, see images attached.This is when using engineering design software called TEDDS by Tekla.When I pass my mouse cursor over...
  5. black box appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  6. black box appears

black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  7. Help identify this mysterious black box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help identify this mysterious black box: I'm assuming it's a program as it minimizes when I minimize a window but comes back when I maximize the window. It doesn't show up in the taskbar or the apps running screen but the black box is always there from startup. I can't figure out what it could be in taskmanager....
  8. My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box

in Windows 10 Customization
    My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box: So I recently got a custom mouse cursor and I realized that it only appeared when the mouse was hovering over a text box and when it was hovering over my desktop for example it would revert back to the default cursor. Is there a way I can make it so it will always appear as...
  9. Black box over icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black box over icons: Hi, I have this problem where I navigate to a folder and there are big black boxes over my icons. I've tried deleting IconCache.db in the AppData\Local folder, but it didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. Strange hover over dialog box text problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange hover over dialog box text problem: When I was troubleshooting my audio I encountered this problem with the hover box information; the information was displayed twice. Any idea if this could be solved/fixed I'm assuming this indicates a more serious problem; [ATTACH]...