Windows 10: Anyone else have a weird wifi bug connected to OneDrive?

Discus and support Anyone else have a weird wifi bug connected to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My wifi intermittently disconnects every few hours or so. The only way to reconnect it is to turn airplane mode on and off for a 30 second interval.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/luxtabula, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Anyone else have a weird wifi bug connected to OneDrive?

My wifi intermittently disconnects every few hours or so. The only way to reconnect it is to turn airplane mode on and off for a 30 second interval.

After checking every guide to figure out the issue, including updating the drivers, checking the energy settings, and making sure the wifi adapter is fine and connected properly, I've finally determined that OneDrive seems to be the cause.

The wifi will disconnect whenever OneDrive attempts to sync. I can see when this happens because the location icon will pop up in the taskbar tray before it disconnects. Checking task manager when this happens confirms it.

So far, the only way I can get around this is disabling OneDrive's sync for 24 hours. Doing so allows the wifi to work as expected.

I don't want to uninstall OneDrive. This problem started roughly three months ago. I'm currently on an HP Spectre x360 15-inch 2017 model with the latest version of Windows 10 (non-insider).

Anyone know a permanent fix to this?

submitted by /u/luxtabula
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/luxtabula, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 19, 2020
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Apr 19, 2020
  4. VK62 Win User

Anyone else have a weird wifi bug connected to OneDrive?

WiFi list/menu is bugged

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I followed your two steps.

For step 1 : the box was already unchecked.

For step 2 : the driver had already the latest version.

I don't know if the problem is really from the wifi adapter, it seems like a display bug more than a connection bug.

Thanks again for the help.

Thema:

Anyone else have a weird wifi bug connected to OneDrive?

1. Anyone else have a weird wifi bug connected to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - Anyone else weird

2. Anyone else having an issue connecting to Verizon on their laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else having an issue connecting to Verizon on their laptop?: Hi, I forgot to click for my ESIM profile to not be deleted during a hard reset. Not for some reason I cannot connect my pc to Verizon again. Instead, I get an error Saying "We couldn't get to the website.". I have no idea what it means or why I can't reinstall my ESIM. I...
  3. Anyone else having an issue connecting to Verizon on their laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else having an issue connecting to Verizon on their laptop?: Hi, I forgot to click for my ESIM profile to not be deleted during a hard reset. Not for some reason I cannot connect my pc to Verizon again. Instead, I get an error Saying "We couldn't get to the website.". I have no idea what it means or why I can't reinstall my ESIM. I...
  4. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  5. Getting weird visual UI bugs in the Xbox App for PC, anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting weird visual UI bugs in the Xbox App for PC, anyone else?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SamuelGTurner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j697p7/getting_weird_visual_ui_bugs_in_the_xbox_app_for/
  6. Anyone else experience these bugs?

Anyone else experience these bugs?: I get three frequent bugs with Windows 10. -Certain windows lag when I close them. The taskbar lags sometimes when it hides/unhides. -Sometimes a window will overlap the taskbar when maximized. I have to press the windows key to get it to show up again. -Taskbar icons will...
  7. Anyone Else having Wifi issues with Windows 10?

Anyone Else having Wifi issues with Windows 10?: I have an issue with wifi that I've seen for a long time on all my PCs. My PC just randomly disconnects with the router, and it disappears from the available networks list. Turning it off and then on works at times, but at other times, I'll have to troubleshoot and wait for...
  8. Is anyone else having problems with REALTEK Ethernet connection?

Is anyone else having problems with REALTEK Ethernet connection?: submitted by /u/silentklip [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqudd7/is_anyone_else_having_problems_with_realtek/
  9. Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...
  10. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...