Windows 10: Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update??

Discus and support Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update?? my USB and CD drive stop work, tried a bunch of stuffBIOS reset/system images/ del and re-install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 'Mc Lovin', Jul 2, 2020.

1. Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update??

Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update?? my USB and CD drive stop work, tried a bunch of stuffBIOS reset/system images/ del and re-install drivers/add sub-key, etc .help; can't even downgrade.

:)

'Mc Lovin', Jul 2, 2020

2. Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update??

Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update?? my USB and CD drive stop work, tried a bunch of stuff(BIOS reset/system images/ del and re-install drivers/add sub-key, etc ).help; can't even downgrade.

'Mc Lovin', Aug 5, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update??

I have 1909 and still have the issue

I just updated to 1909, undid the Group Policy fix, and I'm also not having the issue anymore.

It seems that updating to 1909 is the ticket.

buckmurdock, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update??

1. Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update?? - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  3. anyone else have this issue?

anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  4. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  5. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  6. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  7. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  8. Anyone else having issues with the new update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having issues with the new update?: Ever since I updated my computer a few days ago it's been having issues. Apps crash constantly, the whole thing freezes for a few seconds when I open chrome or close a game. Is anyone else having these issues or is it a problem with my computer submitted by /u/MoonJay03...
  9. Is Anyone Else Having This Nightlight Settings Issue After The Latest Update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Anyone Else Having This Nightlight Settings Issue After The Latest Update?: I frequently use my computer at night, and this system setting helps me get better sleep. But then I noticed my nightlight the setting that makes your screen display a warmer color during nighttime doesn't work properly after the latest Windows update. I have it set to turn...
  10. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...