Windows 10: Anyone else having issues with Windows Installer service not running?

Discus and support Anyone else having issues with Windows Installer service not running? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; About a week ago, we started having issues with .msi files not running. I tried several different .msi files and they all would not start.I turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RegRea, Aug 17, 2022.

1. RegRea Win User

Anyone else having issues with Windows Installer service not running?

About a week ago, we started having issues with .msi files not running. I tried several different .msi files and they all would not start.I turned off the anti-malware software and we still cannot start .msi files.When we uninstall the anti-malware software and immediately reinstall the software we will be able to run the .msi files for about 24 hours. Then it goes back to not running.The anti-malware software has no indication it is what has stopped the service from running. The Windows event log error indicates it is an issue with Microsoft Installer.Any ideas, hints or suggestions?Thank

:)

RegRea, Aug 17, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Windows Installer Service issue - Vista 64bit

Looking like I have an issue with my Windows Installer Service (Vista 64bit Home Premium). Certain programs are unable to install properly, one of these being the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

Anyone know the steps on how to repair it, if it is at all possible?
    I am looking at this thread:

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-insta...ows-installer-service-vista-all-versions.html

but would like to get some more opinions before I try that. I would also need the following from the registry of a Vista 64bit :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msiserver

I will save a copy of my current registry with Crap Cleaner before doing any of this. Incase it causes more issues, all I have to do is double click on my backed up registry and it should import itself, correct?

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Flogger23m, Aug 17, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Anyone else having issues with Windows Installer service not running? - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  3. anyone else have this issue?

anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  4. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  5. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  6. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  7. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  8. Anyone else having issues with Windows Installer service not running?

Anyone else having issues with Windows Installer service not running?: About a week ago, we started having issues with .msi files not running. I tried several different .msi files and they all would not start.I turned off the anti-malware software and we still cannot start .msi files.When we uninstall the anti-malware software and immediately...
  9. Anyone else having issues with Windows Installer service not running?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anyone else having issues with Windows Installer service not running?: About a week ago, we started having issues with .msi files not running. I tried several different .msi files and they all would not start.I turned off the anti-malware software and we still cannot start .msi files.When we uninstall the anti-malware software and immediately...
  10. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...