Windows 10: Anyone else having local DNS resolution issues after the May update?

Discus and support Anyone else having local DNS resolution issues after the May update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have to put the FQDN in to resolve addresses now. ipconfig shows it received the DHCP option but no dice when trying to ping something. for example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noifen, May 31, 2020.

1. /u/noifen Win User

Anyone else having local DNS resolution issues after the May update?

I have to put the FQDN in to resolve addresses now. ipconfig shows it received the DHCP option but no dice when trying to ping something.

for example, when I could have run ping plex, I now have to run ping plex.nan.network

submitted by /u/noifen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noifen, May 31, 2020

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, May 31, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows XP update and internet Issue

Microsoft has been shutting down some of their XP update server to prepare for the end of life of XP. That means that if your ISPs DNS servers are slow at updating then you will be trying to use servers that no longer exist.

I suggest you download the latest XP roll-up disc, it will have most of the updates you need and I also suggest hard coding a Google DNS as your primary DNS in your router.

newtekie1, May 31, 2020
  4. Anyone else having local DNS resolution issues after the May update?

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else having local DNS resolution issues after the May update?

1. Anyone else having local DNS resolution issues after the May update? - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?: Constant crashes of file explorer with this build. Seems to occur with like every other build. Microsoft will finally fix it with one build and then break it AGAIN with the next build. File explorer especially crashes with my Samsung S23 Ultra when connected by USB-C to...
  3. anyone else have this issue?

anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  4. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  5. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  6. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  7. Anyone else having issues with the new update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having issues with the new update?: Ever since I updated my computer a few days ago it's been having issues. Apps crash constantly, the whole thing freezes for a few seconds when I open chrome or close a game. Is anyone else having these issues or is it a problem with my computer submitted by /u/MoonJay03...
  8. Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update??: Anyone else having issues after Windows 1909 update?? my USB and CD drive stop work, tried a bunch of stuffBIOS reset/system images/ del and re-install drivers/add sub-key, etc .help; can't even downgrade....
  9. Is Anyone Else Having This Nightlight Settings Issue After The Latest Update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Anyone Else Having This Nightlight Settings Issue After The Latest Update?: I frequently use my computer at night, and this system setting helps me get better sleep. But then I noticed my nightlight the setting that makes your screen display a warmer color during nighttime doesn't work properly after the latest Windows update. I have it set to turn...
  10. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...