Windows 10: Anyone else having problems after upgrading to 4K Monitors

Discus and support Anyone else having problems after upgrading to 4K Monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried everything I can think of but even using settings-Ease of Access and using scaling and fonts szes I am regretting buying 4K monitors. Sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Anyone else having problems after upgrading to 4K Monitors

I've tried everything I can think of but even using settings-Ease of Access and using scaling and fonts szes I am regretting buying 4K monitors. Sure they are great for youtube but for general pc use everything is either too big or way too small.

If anyone else has had these problems and found a fix I would sure appreciate some help. For example some programs won't adjust at all I have used Clipmate for as long as it has been around and now I have to find another clipboard manager. That is just one issue I have issues with everything.

HELP!!!!!!! Please

:)

Eaglepi, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi Sean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would need some information.

May I know the Make and the Model of the Laptop?

Graphic card of the Laptop should be compatible with the 4k Monitor to play 4k Video

Refer this link to check the Compatibility list:
    Dell Compatibility list.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jun 24, 2020
  3. tyron2000 Win User
    4K and 1080 Monitors problem...

I purchased a 4K monitor and also have a 1080 monitor on my system.

I have set the size of text, apps and other items in the Display options on the 4k monitor at 150% so its readable, at 100% the text is very small.

I have set the 1080 monitor at 100%.

The problem is when the 4K monitor is set to 150%, and the 1080 monitor to 100%, anything on the 1080 monitor looks a little blurred. The size of the text etc is the same as normal, just blurred.

Now when I set the 4K monitor too 100% and the 1080 monitor to 100%, anything on the 1080 monitor looks fine and sharp.

Has anyone else had this problem? if so how did the resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance Anyone else having problems after upgrading to 4K Monitors :)

tyron2000, Jun 24, 2020
  4. chofack Win User

4K Monitor Loses 4K Option

Last night (11 Dec 2015) there was a Windows 10 update (I am running Windows 10 Pro). This morning my 4k monitor (ASUS PB287Q) was showing up as 1080p, and Settings does not recognize that this is a 4K monitor. The 4K resolution simply does not show up as
    an option. Nor does the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForece GT 370) recognize that it is 4K.

Why would Microsoft mess with any of that? I find this really troubling. Do I reinstall a driver for the monitor? They don't have a driver specifically for Windows 10, just Windows 8.

Chas

chofack, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Anyone else having problems after upgrading to 4K Monitors - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone else have this problem?: [ATTACH] I’ve had this for a while and I don’t know how to fix it. submitted by /u/Affectionate_Fan4777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1anxpg1/does_anyone_else_have_this_problem/
  3. Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?

Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?: I added a script when our users connected to our VPN using the Linux command ether-wake to wake their Windows machines, and it stopped working about a month ago. It worked for years before. Even running it several times manually no longer works to wake Windows. We have a mix...
  4. Anyone else have this problem with their screen after the latest windows update?

Anyone else have this problem with their screen after the latest windows update?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/superace85 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htq9un/anyone_else_have_this_problem_with_their_screen/
  5. Anyone else having problems after upgrading to 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Anyone else having problems after upgrading to 4K Monitors: I've tried everything I can think of but even using settings-Ease of Access and using scaling and fonts szes I am regretting buying 4K monitors. Sure they are great for youtube but for general pc use everything is either too big or way too small. If anyone else has had these...
  6. Window 10 Upgrade Problem, anyone else have the same ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Upgrade Problem, anyone else have the same ?: PC has C:low on space, storage card D:123GB Free, USB Stick F:117GB free. Windows Update is failing to see either D or F and this keeps saying low storage. Upgrade is always a issue on these machine for this reason. HP x2 210...
  7. Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?: After waiting for it to show up, I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...setting_client and asked for the upgrade. After a few hours of downloading + installing I turned on my desktop and it froze (a message said: The Application is not responding, the program may...
  8. two problems, anyone else have them?

in Windows 10 Support
    two problems, anyone else have them?: two problems, anyone else have them? (build 16170 re_prerelease.170321-1532) I feel like both of these issues kicked-in a day or two ago when I got the latest update WinUpdate offered me. is anyone else experiencing them? when right-clicking a video file, selecting...
  9. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...
  10. Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?: [img] I only have problems on "Facebook" when i try to upload an image from the Desktop. Everything else works. 22066