Windows 10: Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File...

Discus and support Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would suggest you open a new instance of SSMS for this... Open SSMS Open a saved .SQL file saved to your Google Drive via g:\ Do a query (can be as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Richard Brookfield, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File...

I would suggest you open a new instance of SSMS for this...

1. Open SSMS
    2. Open a saved .SQL file saved to your Google Drive via g:\
    3. Do a query (can be as simple as you like).
    4. Make a small change to the file (add and remove a space).
    5. Press Save button or Ctrl+S and watch SSMS crash and restart.

I've had it do that in all of SQL2016, v17 and v19/next...

There's also a couple of Event Log entries too:

Faulting application name: Ssms.exe, version: 2018.150.18040.0, time stamp: 0x5ba41852
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.441, time stamp: 0x3da51fd0
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00111812
    Faulting process id: 0x35a8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4add2fbb23db4
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18\Common7\IDE\Ssms.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 3dfd1dff-9475-4815-b29d-17798c9faf30
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Followed by:

Application: Ssms.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
    at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(System.String, Boolean)
    at System.IO.Path.GetFileName(System.String)
    at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.MatchPattern(System.String)
    at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyRenameEventArgs(System.IO.WatcherChangeTypes, System.String, System.String)
    at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

:)

Richard Brookfield, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    BIOS Save to file crashes

Do you mean a crash OR freeze? I get the same issues, but not crashing - I get a total freeze of the PC, requiring a hard reset. Using GIGABYTE GTX 670 GeForce card here, on Windows 8.1 Pro OS.

Yes, what is your Windows OS version - 7, 8.0, 8.1, 10 Preview?
    And what antivirus software do you use?
    Also, try saving your BIOS via NVFlash instead of GPU-Z - does that work or crash?
    You can download NVFlash here:
    NVIDIA NVFlash

It runs from a Windows Command Prompt. To save your GPU's BIOS, enter the command:
    nvflash --save 660.rom
    (where you can change 660 to any other file name you wish)

Make sure to do this once only. Doing it a second time, please specify another file name, or else NVFlash will try to flash your BIOS instead of reading it only.

4. Xingu Win User

Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File...

BIOS Save to file crashes

Tried save to file on multiple versions of GPU-Z 7.7 all the way up to 8.1. Some crash faster than others, sometimes I get the strange neon colored flashing glitching desktop. GPUs below.

Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File... [​IMG]

Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File... [​IMG]

Xingu, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File...

1. Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File... - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone else have this problem?: [ATTACH] I’ve had this for a while and I don’t know how to fix it. submitted by /u/Affectionate_Fan4777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1anxpg1/does_anyone_else_have_this_problem/
  3. Does anyone else have an issue with file explorer crashing on them when trying to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else have an issue with file explorer crashing on them when trying to access...: I have an end user who connects into our network over a VPN connection. When they are going into directories on network drive and moving between different files, it tends to freeze up and go into the not responding mode. I have a couple other laptops that are having this...
  4. Does anyone else have an issue with file explorer crashing on them when trying to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else have an issue with file explorer crashing on them when trying to access...: I have an end user who connects into our network over a VPN connection. When they are going into directories on network drive and moving between different files, it tends to freeze up and go into the not responding mode. I have a couple other laptops that are having this...
  5. Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently?

Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently?: I'm not sure if it's the latest cumulative update, but I can hardly use file explorer now because it's freezing constantly. It takes forever to respond to clicks, and context menus don't appear for several seconds. The start menu doesn't respond to the windows key, and things...
  6. Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer?

Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer?: What it says in the title. It appears to only occur sometimes in file explorer. The drive isn't actually unlabelled, but it appears to be. I have an external hard drive named "STORAGE", which ends up appearing as "Local Disk" occasionally when I use my computer for the day....
  7. Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?: After waiting for it to show up, I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...setting_client and asked for the upgrade. After a few hours of downloading + installing I turned on my desktop and it froze (a message said: The Application is not responding, the program may...
  8. two problems, anyone else have them?

in Windows 10 Support
    two problems, anyone else have them?: two problems, anyone else have them? (build 16170 re_prerelease.170321-1532) I feel like both of these issues kicked-in a day or two ago when I got the latest update WinUpdate offered me. is anyone else experiencing them? when right-clicking a video file, selecting...
  9. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...
  10. Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?: [img] I only have problems on "Facebook" when i try to upload an image from the Desktop. Everything else works. 22066