Windows 10: Anyone else having problems with the start menu not working on clean installs?

Discus and support Anyone else having problems with the start menu not working on clean installs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm seeing that on a mix of desktops both with Intel and AMD CPUs. Clicking on start does nothing. I'm having to give people command line alternatives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/4ccount4n7, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Anyone else having problems with the start menu not working on clean installs?

I'm seeing that on a mix of desktops both with Intel and AMD CPUs. Clicking on start does nothing. I'm having to give people command line alternatives to load Office and to sleep like "rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0". Of course they're getting frustrated.

I don't even know how to begin to troubleshoot this since there's nothing in the event log. Even the developers we hired from Microsoft and our lead QA person that worked on the Windows build don't know how to fix this.

submitted by /u/4ccount4n7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/4ccount4n7, Aug 31, 2020
  2. #VSingh Win User

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Anyone else having problems with the start menu not working on clean installs?

Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else having problems with the start menu not working on clean installs?

1. Anyone else having problems with the start menu not working on clean installs? - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone else have this problem?: [ATTACH] I’ve had this for a while and I don’t know how to fix it. submitted by /u/Affectionate_Fan4777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1anxpg1/does_anyone_else_have_this_problem/
  3. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  4. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  5. Anyone else having some issues appearing during a 2004 clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone else having some issues appearing during a 2004 clean install: Hi All, Several days ago I clean installed version 2004 Build 19041.450. Ive done loads of clean installs with various versions over the years with no errors at all shown in the Reliability History. This time there were some differences (highlighted in Red for easy reference...
  6. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...
  7. Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?: After waiting for it to show up, I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...setting_client and asked for the upgrade. After a few hours of downloading + installing I turned on my desktop and it froze (a message said: The Application is not responding, the program may...
  8. two problems, anyone else have them?

in Windows 10 Support
    two problems, anyone else have them?: two problems, anyone else have them? (build 16170 re_prerelease.170321-1532) I feel like both of these issues kicked-in a day or two ago when I got the latest update WinUpdate offered me. is anyone else experiencing them? when right-clicking a video file, selecting...
  9. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...
  10. Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?: [img] I only have problems on "Facebook" when i try to upload an image from the Desktop. Everything else works. 22066