Windows 10: Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?

Discus and support Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I added a script when our users connected to our VPN using the Linux command ether-wake to wake their Windows machines, and it stopped working about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Expensive-Dev, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?

I added a script when our users connected to our VPN using the Linux command ether-wake to wake their Windows machines, and it stopped working about a month ago. It worked for years before. Even running it several times manually no longer works to wake Windows. We have a mix of Dell and HP laptops and desktops. None of them will now wake. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Expensive-Dev
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Expensive-Dev, Oct 27, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Wake On LAN is Not Working

I have been unable to get Wake on LAN functionality to work in Windows 10:

• I am attempting to do a Wakeup on LAN to my desktop computer which is running Windows 10 from my laptop which is also running Windows 10. The desktop computer is connected to my router through a wired Ethernet connection and the laptop is connected to the same router via a wireless connection
    • I'm doing this within my Local Area Network so I'm not going through a router from the external network
    • I've upgraded the driver on my network adapter to the latest version
    • I've enabled all the required functionality in the BIOS to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've turned on all the required settings in my network adapter to enable Wake on LAN
    • I've disabled "Fast Startup" in Windows 10
    • I'm using the "Wake on LAN" software application from Aquila Technology
    • The software is installed on both my desktop and laptop and I've tested it with the desktop in "listening" mode and verified that the desktop receives "magic" wake-up packets when it is up-and-running
    • When my desktop system is powered down and I send it a Magic Packet in exactly the same way as I did when it was powered up, nothing happens and it doesn't respond to the wake-up packet

Any suggestions of what I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

chuckcobb3, Oct 27, 2020
  4. EdFox Win User

Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?

Does Windows 10 Version 1803 Break Wake on Lan?

Hello,

I updated to Version 1803 on June 2. After the update, Wake On Lan would no longer work. It worked before the update. I have done the following:

• Checked for update to BIOS, and installed update to A21 for my Dell Optiplex 790
    • Ensured that Wake on Lan was enabled in BIOS and Deep Sleep was disabled
    • Checked for updated driver for Intel 82579LM NIC. No update is available
    • Checked Power Management tab for Intel 82579LM NIC
      • Cleared all "Power Saver Options"
      • Checked "Wake on Magic Packet"
      • Cleared all other "Wake on Lan" Options
    • Cleared "Turn on Fast Startup" in Power Button Settings
    After doing all the above, I rebooted. Wake on LAN does not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

EdFox, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates?

1. Anyone else having problems with wake on LAN after recent updates? - Similar Threads - Anyone else having

2. Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone else have this problem?: [ATTACH] I’ve had this for a while and I don’t know how to fix it. submitted by /u/Affectionate_Fan4777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1anxpg1/does_anyone_else_have_this_problem/
  3. anyone else have a boot problem after recent windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    anyone else have a boot problem after recent windows 10 update?: I updated windows 10 a few days ago with the update and shut down and ever since my computer powers on but dosnt display or turn on my mouse or keyboard the LED's come on when normal boot. I reseated my GPU and ram thinking that is causing the problem but its still doing...
  4. Anyone else have this problem with their screen after the latest windows update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else have this problem with their screen after the latest windows update?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/superace85 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htq9un/anyone_else_have_this_problem_with_their_screen/
  5. Anyone else having problems with Lenovo BIOS update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyone else having problems with Lenovo BIOS update?: Ten days ago I received notification of a BIOS update. I clicked on the link to download / install it but nothing happened. Their Community forum couldn't help so I used their online system to contact their Customer Service team. Here's an extract from their emailed reply:...
  6. Anyone else having problems with Lenovo BIOS update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having problems with Lenovo BIOS update?: Ten days ago I received notification of a BIOS update. I clicked on the link to download / install it but nothing happened. Their Community forum couldn't help so I used their online system to contact their Customer Service team. Here's an extract from their emailed reply:...
  7. Is anyone else having problems updating Adobe Reader?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is anyone else having problems updating Adobe Reader?: According to Krebs and Qualys, in addition to the July WU we should be updating Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for which there is a 'Monster Patch'. I got rid of all my Adobe Apps (especially Flash) but there are two sites I must use that both require Adobe Reader yet the Adobe...
  8. Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone else having problems with Anniversary Update?: After waiting for it to show up, I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...setting_client and asked for the upgrade. After a few hours of downloading + installing I turned on my desktop and it froze (a message said: The Application is not responding, the program may...
  9. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...
  10. Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?: [img] I only have problems on "Facebook" when i try to upload an image from the Desktop. Everything else works. 22066