Windows 10: Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?

Discus and support Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using TeamViewer (TV) since v4. At the time I convinced my IT management to license it for us to use against more than 6,000 corporate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RickC, Dec 21, 2019.

1. RickC Win User

Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?

I've been using TeamViewer (TV) since v4. At the time I convinced my IT management to license it for us to use against more than 6,000 corporate desktops.

Fast forward to now... many, many years on and I'm now retired. I've still been using TeamViewer with just family and friends and TV has continued to be a godsend.

Of late, its behaviour has changed. All of a sudden I'm chucked out of TV sessions with no warning then presented with the offer to purchase for non-personal use. What the heck? My external IP hasn't changed at all and I'm still only supporting family and friends for very occasional remote access use.

Anyone else notice this behaviour?

:)

RickC, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Lunsfordc Win User

Teamviewer

Recently Teamviewer stopped working for me. I get a pop up that says "Not ready. Check your connections". My remote users get the same message when they try to activate Teamviewer for me to connect.

I am online and Internet connected when I try to use Teamviewer, so I don't really understand the problem.

Any suggestions would be most welcomed.

Thanks,

Lunsfordc, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?

Teamviewer Alternative: Ultraviewer

Not sure if anyone is familiar with this one but at work we use Solarwinds Dameware for a LOT of the work we do. For external support we utilize TeamViewer. I believe we share 3 licenses that can be active at a single time. For personal use i also use Teamviewer as well since its very very convenient.

As to the software suggested i rather test it in a Sandbox Environment before i even think of installing on a PC.

scoutingwraith, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?

1. Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier? - Similar Threads - Anyone else notice

2. Does anyone else get an error that says:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else get an error that says:...: I cant find any way to fix it and its caused lots of issues with my computer- pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-else-get-an-error-that-says/95c76006-96e8-420f-9dcc-b9f2ab30c624
  3. Did anyone else noticed this in News & Interest?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did anyone else noticed this in News & Interest?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Luigiatreddit2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ppf5xm/did_anyone_else_noticed_this_in_news_interest/
  4. Anyone else noticed last accessed time of files are incorrect?

Anyone else noticed last accessed time of files are incorrect?: Anyone else also have the issue where when you right click a file, it changes the last accessed time of the file itself? submitted by /u/killerofpain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktguwk/anyone_else_noticed_last_accessed_time_of_files/
  5. Anyone else notice setup config.ini getting deleted on 20h2 upgrades?

Anyone else notice setup config.ini getting deleted on 20h2 upgrades?: The last windows update upgrade to 20h2 released in November (I think) seems to be deleting the wsus folder where setupconfig.ini lives. The result is the oobe script I have defined is not running at the end of the upgrade. I haven't tried running it as part of the...
  6. Is anyone else getting on the nerves of Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is anyone else getting on the nerves of Windows 10?: After every second update my complete configurations are constantly gone, as if I had installed a completely new Windows (which it probably is). You can find instructions on the internet, but they don't have anything to do with the current Windows 10 version of the menu...
  7. Anyone else get this spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anyone else get this spam?: Refund and Cancel the Renewal Dear Customer, We Thank You on the completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection plan with 24/7 technical support. We have charged you $299 for the 12 months of subscription from your account. We tried to contact you on your registered...
  8. Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated: At least for me anyway mail app now shows live messages on the tile and under options one can turn off conversation mode. [img] [img] 22102
  9. Anyone else getting Cortana spam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else getting Cortana spam?: This started two days ago: Whenever I click on the taskbar search box, Cortana pops up, as always; but now, instead of just showing my local weather, there is a message, "Get Cortana on your phone", with links for Android, Windows Phone, and iPhone. [img] I tried a...
  10. Anyone Else Get Survey Email?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone Else Get Survey Email?: Was wondering if anyone else received an email from MS last week concerning a survey. [img] LOL! When I get all done with the survey I get this ad for survey company's app. Where's the one for the Windows phone? And iPoll? What the?!! [img] 3176