Windows 10: Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

Discus and support Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my laptop machine (but not on my desktop) I started getting BSOD failures in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389. Symptoms basically the same as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WalterFarrell, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

On my laptop machine (but not on my desktop) I started getting BSOD failures in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389. Symptoms basically the same as those reported in

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrives-cldfltsys-causing-ntfssys-bsod/d2ef7f16-9e45-406f-95ca-6e595271e6d9?page=1

Uninstalling KB4517389 fixes the problem. Presumably, disabling cldflt.sys would do so, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

:)

WalterFarrell, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Terrypin Win User

Why no CldFlt service?

I'm still trying to isolate the cause of frequent hard crashes. Studying Event Viewer (a daunting experience that never fails to depress me) shows a bunch of vague possibilities to pursue.

One is Event ID 7000, "The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error:
    The request is not supported." This occurred either just before, during or just after the latest such crash (which always need a forced restart).

But I don't see such a service listed on my Win 10 Pro PC!

So naturally I cannot try the suggested fix here, as I don't have the registry key described.

How to fix cldflt service error 7000 - Rob Steele

Insights anyone please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 12, 2019
  3. CldFlt service error event log

HI Robert,

The CldFlt service error may appear due to corrupted system files. In order for us effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

Why no CldFlt service?

There is no Cloud Service Filter (CldFlt) Service listed in Windows Services. You can query for it thou.
    Open Command Prompt as Admin
    sc qc CldFlt

Note: Not sure why you wouldn't have a registry entry for it, could be you've never setup OneDrive. I do have OneDrive setup and have the following registry entries...
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CldFlt
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CldFlt

Eagle51, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389

1. Anyone else seeing BSOD issues in cldflt.sys after installing KB4517389 - Similar Threads - Anyone else seeing

2. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  3. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  4. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  5. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  6. BSOD by cldflt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD by cldflt: Hello forum, since 5 days i'm getting an BSOD if i'm working with OneDrive. In special, if i'm deleting folders from there. I have seen, that a MEMORY.DMP was created in C:\Windows, but it has 1,6GB. So i can see a chance to upload it there. What can i do? Greetings...
  7. Is anyone else having this issue.. See below.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is anyone else having this issue.. See below.: I am having an issue with my Keyboard.. It works for some things.. Not others. For instance.. I can type this question I am typing to y ou now.. I can type letters with the best of them.. However, I can not use keyboard controls with say Minecraft, Yet.. with a...
  8. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...
  9. KB4517389 installed, will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4517389 installed, will not uninstall: Now all programs that use the .net framework will not work. No quickbooks, no MSi Control panel, no backup, excel can't work etc. Tried to uninstall, says it can't do it, tried to repair .net using fix from microsoft, tried to reinstall .net but error says I have to...
  10. Windows after the Update of KB4517389, seeing BSOD,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows after the Update of KB4517389, seeing BSOD,: It shows PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, this is happening more often after installing the update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-after-the-update-of-kb4517389-seeing-bsod/9a6a31d8-834d-4ff4-9d19-c6cbe37de350
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix cldflt.sys bsod

2. blue screen cldflt.sys

3. BSOD issues in cldflt.sys

4. cldflt.sys blue screen,
  5. cldflt.sys bsod,
  6. kb4517389 causing bsod on cldflt.sys,
  7. october 8 2019 update KB 4517389 my desktop inopperable blue screen