Windows 10: Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption

Discus and support Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm seeing two minor issues in storage spaces, these seem to be common and aren't causing any real issues: Defrag/Retrim bug: lots of posts about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skiippy, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption

I'm seeing two minor issues in storage spaces, these seem to be common and aren't causing any real issues:

• Defrag/Retrim bug: lots of posts about this one, on one drive with lots of free space I'm seeing retrim take over an hour
    • Storage spaces UI is borked with 0x00000057 errors. Pretty much anything you want to do to change the pool throws this error in 2004. Adding a drive, creating a new virtual disk, creating a new storage pool entirely. Command-line instead works.

But the actual, major issue I'm seeing is rampant file system corruption on a parity drive in my storage space ever since I upgraded to 2004.

I got my first chkdsk error shortly after upgrading to 2004. New errors keep showing up now, and my files contents are being corrupted. Chkdsk repairs the errors, but more come back. Some files partially lose their contents, others lose their contents entirely. File contents are being replaced either partially or completely by NULL bytes.

I figure a filesystem corruption bug shipping is highly unlikely... but is anyone else seeing this after upgrading to 2004? I've gotta assume this is just a hardware issue on my end, but since all the errors happened right after my upgrade, I'm just throwing this out there and am curious if anyone else is seeing this issue.

I plan to completely tear down my pool and scan all the drives and rebuild everything from scratch (which is gonna take weeks). The pool is invisible now to 1909, so I'll have to rebuild & copy all my data using 2004, so hopefully there's no real bug here. At least this data I can lose (not that I want to), anything I can't lose doesn't go solely on storage spaces.

submitted by /u/skiippy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skiippy, Jun 8, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 storage spaces issue

I have an issue where windows keeps telling me I don't have enough space to download some files. In explorer it is showing nearly 50% free space on drive D. However in storage spaces (this is a 2 way mirror pool with 3 drives) this is showing nearly full. I have optimized to see if this would
    correct but the issue still persists.
    Can anyone help with a suggestion please?

Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption 2ai4g9c.jpg

Westindieman, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption

Storage space

Hello Mick,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any specific error messages when you try to delete the said files and folders?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption

1. Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption - Similar Threads - Anyone else seeing

2. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  3. anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone else have this issue?: Ran into this problem with Epic games anti cheat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-have-this-issue/b4a20c23-bd2b-48ab-9bed-73004974285d
  4. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  5. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  6. anyone else seeing blank spaces on the taskbar instead of PWA apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone else seeing blank spaces on the taskbar instead of PWA apps: [IMG] submitted by /u/amritcrome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmd0jb/anyone_else_seeing_blank_spaces_on_the_taskbar/
  7. Is anyone else having this issue.. See below.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is anyone else having this issue.. See below.: I am having an issue with my Keyboard.. It works for some things.. Not others. For instance.. I can type this question I am typing to y ou now.. I can type letters with the best of them.. However, I can not use keyboard controls with say Minecraft, Yet.. with a...
  8. Windows 10 2004 bugs: Here's Microsoft's workaround for Storage Spaces file corruption

Windows 10 2004 bugs: Here's Microsoft's workaround for Storage Spaces file corruption: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dirk414 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hklgpb/windows_10_2004_bugs_heres_microsofts_workaround/
  9. PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives

PSA: Windows 2004 may be corrupting parity storage spaces drives: Ever since updating to 2004 I have been experiencing severe corruption & chkdsk errors on my parity drives (and only parity) in storage spaces. (See any of my recent post history) I managed to reproduce the corruption on a new pool, with a new set of disks, with a new set of...
  10. Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...