Windows 10: Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen?

Discus and support Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running 10 Home, v1903 18362.10015. Just noticed, if you bring up the "Project Screen" menu whilst on the "enter pin" section of the lockscreen, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JJRicks, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen?

Running 10 Home, v1903 18362.10015. Just noticed, if you bring up the "Project Screen" menu whilst on the "enter pin" section of the lockscreen, you can see a new set of icons in use. If you bring up the menu when the computer is unlocked, you still see the old icons. https://imgur.com/a/v4la0az They look fantastic; really gives it a fresh new look! Hope we see them in use soon. Anyone else seen something similar, like new iconography elsewhere in the OS?

submitted by /u/JJRicks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JJRicks, Oct 29, 2019

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    New icons on lockscreen

That would be a battery level indicator but it's seems to be a bug in the build right now. It will be there whether you have a portable device or not.

Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen?

New icons on lockscreen

Hi. Have been trying on Windows 10, and I noticed that there is a new icon on the lockscreen (unlike the ones on Windows 8.1). Besides the network icon, there is also another one that looks like a screen, but it has a red x in it. Does that refer to tablet mode, like touchscreen?

gallicbear, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen?

1. Anyone else seeing these new screen projection icons; exclusively on the lockscreen? - Similar Threads - Anyone else seeing

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Icons glitching. Anyone else see this? How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Icons glitching. Anyone else see this? How do I fix?: I am running windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 2567.1000 for a few weeks now my Taskbar icons, and a few folder icons are displaying as a few dots or solid random color First Icon is the windows Terminal app, the one with the "2" is the windows Mail appFolder on desktop:SFC...
  3. Seeing new icons...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seeing new icons...: This is a bit interesting. 1. OS Settings has had a new icon that can be seen in Win10 Insider Builds, certainly, the Dev Track, anyway. That same icon shows for Settings in Edge Canary. New [ATTACH] Current [ATTACH] 2. The Web capture icon is not the same in Edge Canary...
  4. Can't add exclusions to Defender, anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add exclusions to Defender, anyone else?: I can't seem to add exclusions to defender. I think it is a visual bug because the scanner has a notice that files were skipped. I add folders to the exclusion list but the list stays blank. I have the latest malware platform/updates. Anyway to revert it to the previous...
  5. Anyone else digging the new dark mode?

Anyone else digging the new dark mode?: Recently, windows had updated and one of the features was a dark theme for just about everything. Does anyone else find this to be a pleasant change? submitted by /u/Borischeekibreeki [link] [comments]...
  6. Is anyone else having this issue.. See below.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is anyone else having this issue.. See below.: I am having an issue with my Keyboard.. It works for some things.. Not others. For instance.. I can type this question I am typing to y ou now.. I can type letters with the best of them.. However, I can not use keyboard controls with say Minecraft, Yet.. with a...
  7. Anyone else having issues with the new update?

Anyone else having issues with the new update?: Ever since I updated my computer a few days ago it's been having issues. Apps crash constantly, the whole thing freezes for a few seconds when I open chrome or close a game. Is anyone else having these issues or is it a problem with my computer submitted by /u/MoonJay03...
  8. Anyone else missing there windows tray icons?

Anyone else missing there windows tray icons?: [ATTACH] Lost my icons today and can't figure out why ... or how to even get them back. Also I noticed that when I go to "Turn System Icons on of off they are grey out and I can't change them with the exception of the clock. Anyone have any insight on how to fix these...
  9. Eject device icon wrong for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Support
    Eject device icon wrong for anyone else?: I've been noticing lately that everyone but me has that new generation flat style icon for the eject device handler. Mine looks the same as in 7 (at the bottom): [img] Does anyone have thoughts about this? 40083
  10. New icons on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    New icons on lockscreen: Hi. Have been trying on Windows 10, and I noticed that there is a new icon on the lockscreen (unlike the ones on Windows 8.1). Besides the network icon, there is also another one that looks like a screen, but it has a red x in it. Does that refer to tablet mode, like...