Windows 10: Anyone else seeing unfixable bootres.dll corruption after June 2019 cumulative update?

Discus and support Anyone else seeing unfixable bootres.dll corruption after June 2019 cumulative update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the June 2019 cumulative update was applied my machine failed on reboot and subsequent automatic recovery also failed. The SRT log file says that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OnlineTwin, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Anyone else seeing unfixable bootres.dll corruption after June 2019 cumulative update?

After the June 2019 cumulative update was applied my machine failed on reboot and subsequent automatic recovery also failed. The SRT log file says that it's a problem with bootres.dll.

All of the various fixes on the web relating to problems with bootres.dll seem to be about a year old. I've tried pretty much all of them and in the end had to reset (i.e. reinstall without losing files) to get the machine back. However, before anything else was installed I applied the update just to prove that it was the culprit and, sure enough, exactly the same problem occurred. I can probably defer updates for a short period, but after that I'm really going to need a solution!

Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

:)

OnlineTwin, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

June 2016 Cumulative Update impacted my Desktop

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall the Cumulative update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Go to control panel, then click on
      Programs and Features.

• Tap on View installed updates, then find the update.

• Right click on the update and uninstall the update.

And also you can temporarily disable the
    Cumulative update.

Refer the link below.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Anyone else seeing unfixable bootres.dll corruption after June 2019 cumulative update?

May and June Cumulative Updates Fail to Install

I receive the following message for both May KB4100403 and June KB4284835 2018 Cumulative Updates to Windows 10, version 1803 for x64-based systems:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100403) -Error 0x800706ba

2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4284835) -Error 0x800706ba

Last failed install attempt on ‎21/‎06/‎2018 - 0x80240034

Other updates such as definition updates for Windows Defender Antivirus download and install OK.

Any suggestions please?

John Beresford, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Anyone else seeing unfixable bootres.dll corruption after June 2019 cumulative update?

1. Anyone else seeing unfixable bootres.dll corruption after June 2019 cumulative update? - Similar Threads - Anyone else seeing

2. Cumulative June Update Corrupted BCD on SSD. Any fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cumulative June Update Corrupted BCD on SSD. Any fix?: Hi all. This is a lot of information and I apologize in advance for that but I feel like too much is better than too little. Ive been limping an old computer along for a while for budgetary reasons and the most recent Windows update appears to have bricked it. This is a...
  3. Cumulative updates June 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates June 2021: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on June 8th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004, version 20H2 and version 21H1 KB5003637 -, Build 19041.1052, 19042.1052 and 19043.1052. For information about Windows update...
  4. Is anyone else having this issue.. See below.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is anyone else having this issue.. See below.: I am having an issue with my Keyboard.. It works for some things.. Not others. For instance.. I can type this question I am typing to y ou now.. I can type letters with the best of them.. However, I can not use keyboard controls with say Minecraft, Yet.. with a...
  5. Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else seeing storage spaces issues in 2004? Specifically file corruption: I'm seeing two minor issues in storage spaces, these seem to be common and aren't causing any real issues: Defrag/Retrim bug: lots of posts about this one, on one drive with lots of free space I'm seeing retrim take over an hour Storage spaces UI is borked with 0x00000057...
  6. Is anyone else not seeing the Windows 10 May 2020 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is anyone else not seeing the Windows 10 May 2020 update?: So this morning, I was reading a news article about how a new Windows 10 feature update was out, and I went onto my PC to get it, however my Windows Update & Security settings said I was up to date. I thought that since it had just dropped, maybe it hadn't gotten to my PC...
  7. June 2019 Update

June 2019 Update: I have an Asus laptop with a SSD. I was working on my computer and when I was done, I clicked on "Update and Shut Down". About 3 hours later I came back and found my computer had locked up. I shut it down and it hasn't worked since. Now when I turn it on all I get is a black...
  8. Laptop overheating issues after June 2019 update

Laptop overheating issues after June 2019 update: Hi Microsoft I use a Dell Inspiron 13 5368 laptop. The Windows 10 in my system automatically updated my laptop to the June 11, 2019 update (KB4503286) and since then I am experiencing extreme overheating issues with my system. My OS build is 17134.829. Please suggest a way...
  9. June 2019 update

June 2019 update: Update installed last night - all night. This morning I get a black screen after it asks to sign in and an error message that System profile Desktop is unavailable. Only recycle bin is visible. Can’t open any files. How do I roll back to yesterday?...
  10. BITS Corruption Unfixable

BITS Corruption Unfixable: By way of introduction; I've been a Windows user for many years and am a highly proficient computer user. Running Windows 10 1803. I recently experienced an issue trying to install a Windows Update and, following online research, discovered a problem with the Background...
Tags: