Windows 10: Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update?

Discus and support Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Windows 10 fall update was rolled out yesterday, but I have yet to see it. Every time I "check for updates", it says my machine is up to date. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by leafdesigner, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update?

The Windows 10 fall update was rolled out yesterday, but I have yet to see it. Every time I "check for updates", it says my machine is up to date. Is this a gradual roll-out? Just wanted to see if others out there are also still waiting.

:)

leafdesigner, Nov 12, 2015

2. Is anyone else still waiting on WP 7.8 or is it just me?

Microsoft stopped updates until they could fix a couple of showstopper bugs. That probably explains the delay. I'm still waiting but I know my carrier is now testing the fixed 7.8 and has indicated a date for release.

The fact that your phone is SIM free is not really relevant. Is it carrier branded or not? If it is carrier branded then the carrier has a say in the release of the update whether you have a SIM installed or not.

Trevor J Lawrence, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Is anyone else still waiting on WP 7.8 or is it just me?

I've got a sim free HTC Titan and I still don't have the WP 7.8 update. I'm in the UK.

HTC seem unable to help - just told me to factory reset the phone (which didn't work). They have confirmed that I
    should get the update.

I've not seen anyone else on any forums with the same problem, though I have seen one person post that they have received the update in the UK to a sim free Titan.

I've tried altering the date on the phone and pulling the plug on the wifi during Zune check didn't work. The phone connects to Zune, syncs etc. just fine. I've received other updates without issue.

Is it just me? Anyone know who might be able to kick start my update?

Bluerockdragon, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update?

5. fireberd Win User
    My main operational PC shows no updates available, but my backup PC is updating now and my Laptop was updated yesterday.

fireberd, Nov 12, 2015
  6. leafdesigner, Nov 12, 2015
  7. Don't do it. It's garbage. Even worse than the previous builds. My recent machine now takes 7m29s to boot. Previously Windows 10 managed to boot...slightly quicker. MS are a bunch of incompetents. This is a disgrace, bordering on criminal.

Davidparis, Nov 12, 2015
  8. Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update?

You're in for a very rough ride. I would not do it.

Davidparis, Nov 12, 2015
  9. JohnC Win User
    It is just a upgrade. It does take a while to finish, but all your programs, files, etc. are left alone.

JohnC, Nov 12, 2015
  10. Okay, thanks. I'll consider it. I think I'll wait a few days to see if it shows up in my regular updates first.

11. JohnC Win User
    Wow, there is definitely something wrong. I boot very fast, UEFI and a SSD work wonders. You should do a clean install and see if that helps.

JohnC, Nov 12, 2015
  12. I agree with JohnC. My boot times are good on both my main machine and my laptop. No complaints and Windows 10 runs very smoothly on both. Sounds like there may be something wrong with your system or perhaps you should try a clean install.

13. Kyhi Win User

First off Davidparis - only has 5 posts and shows very little knowledge about windows...

Running setup.exe from within your current OS - is how you upgrade the current OS...

Booting from the media - is how you clean install the OS - overwriting your current OS..

Since your are updating - then run the setup.exe from within your current OS

14. fireberd Win User
    I had this build, as I'm in the "insider program, and it boots as fast as any other version for me.

fireberd, Nov 12, 2015
  15. dafanman Win User
    I just did the update on my personal system yesterday and it was smooth with no problems to report, I still have 4 others to do and I fully expect them to update without issue as well.

*Cool

dafanman, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone else still waiting for the Windows 10 fall update? - Similar Threads - Anyone else still

2. Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...: After it boots the please wait loading screen takes forever to load. I can't figure out how to fix that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anyone-else-having-the-problem-with-windows-10/bbf6620c-edf2-4927-a46f-01ae5c5a442f
  3. Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...: After it boots the please wait loading screen takes forever to load. I can't figure out how to fix that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anyone-else-having-the-problem-with-windows-10/bbf6620c-edf2-4927-a46f-01ae5c5a442f
  4. Is anyone else having the problem with Windows 10 staying on the please wait screen for 5...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  6. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  7. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Anyone Else had this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone Else had this update: Has anyone else had this update downloaded and installed Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3106932) It went in ok but cant find out what it is for 28160
  9. Still waiting for the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for the update: Here's the thing. I've registred my computer for a Windows 10 upgrade only last week. I'm still not having any notification about when I'll receive that upgrade. How long do I still have to wait ? Thanks... 17371
  10. Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time: I have been #4 for almost an hr. I was 313 like 3hrs. ago 9633