Windows 10: Anyone else unable to play HE-AAC 7.1 audio in the Movies & TV app?

Discus and support Anyone else unable to play HE-AAC 7.1 audio in the Movies & TV app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using the Movies & TV app to play my movies and TV shows because I like the integration with Dolby Atmos for Headphones. However, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UrbenLegend, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Anyone else unable to play HE-AAC 7.1 audio in the Movies & TV app?

I've been using the Movies & TV app to play my movies and TV shows because I like the integration with Dolby Atmos for Headphones. However, I am finding that it fails to play HE-AAC 7.1 channel audio. HE-AAC 5.1 channel audio works just fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and is there a workaround? I really want to use Movies & TV for the virtualized surround.

submitted by /u/UrbenLegend
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UrbenLegend, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

DTS audio is not playing on Movies&Tv

Hi Abdul,

A DTS audio file format is not supported by the Movies&Tv app which is why you're unable to play it. To better assist you, we suggest that you visit this

link
    . From there you'll see all of the file formats being supported by the Movies&Tv app.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Movies & TV app issue

Hello guys,

Im having problem with the Movies& TV app.

Whenever i play a movie with two or more audio channels.Im unable to swtich between them.

E.G. I play a movie and it starts in russian. But there is English audio option.However im not able to change to the english audio.

AntonPetkov2256, Oct 6, 2020
  4. JonPerson Win User

Anyone else unable to play HE-AAC 7.1 audio in the Movies & TV app?

Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound

The "Movies & TV" app has a bug where it won't play sound, regardless of which movie or TV show is played. All other Windows apps play sound just fine. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the app, and now it's on an infinite loop of re-installing.
    So really, why bother with this app at all? I'd have spent hundreds on a movie library but the app can't choose the audio-out device properly. Can someone take a look? I'm using a direct HDMI cable from my PC to a TV. I think the app is just choosing
    the wrong audio-out device or playing sound in a non-standard way and it's been broken for over a year now. This is probably costing Microsoft revenue.

Reinstalling audio drivers didn't work.

Reinstalling Windows didn't work.

Reinstalling Movies & TV didn't work.

Choosing other audio devices didn't work

Connecting Bluetooth headphones didn't work

Suggestions are welcome but I've already moved on to another app for my movie library. More just a bug report.

JonPerson, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else unable to play HE-AAC 7.1 audio in the Movies & TV app?

1. Anyone else unable to play HE-AAC 7.1 audio in the Movies & TV app? - Similar Threads - Anyone else unable

2. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  3. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App: Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded...
  4. Is the movies and tv app crashing horribly for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the movies and tv app crashing horribly for anyone else?: i use game bar to save clips of games and when I try to open them, or any other video, recording etc, with the default app (movies and tv) it lags my whole pc, crashes and I can barely close it even with task manager, anyone else having this problem? how do I fix it?...
  5. Movies & TV audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movies & TV audio: Starting using Movies & TV to play recorded TV shows after upgrading to Win10 and it worked well. Recently, however, it will play the recordings with video but audio is gone. If I go back to the program that I used to use for playback Hauppauge WinTV 8.5 everything works as...
  6. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  7. Movies & TV App doesn't play Japanese audio track

Movies & TV App doesn't play Japanese audio track: After I got a new laptop, I made a promise to myself to try to use Microsoft first-party apps to see if I could save some space and battery (they are supposedly more efficient). Last night, I tried to watch Spirited Away on it but there was no audio. I looked at the...
  8. Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app

Unable to play hevc files in Movies and TV app: [ATTACH] Please Help, I can't play some videos in Movies and TV app, whenever I click on the file, The App goes into a weird full screen with dark no video and then immediately crashes. I've noted the codec from VLC, a screenshot of codec information of the file is posted...
  9. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  10. Movies & TV app for Windows 7 - is it possible?

Movies & TV app for Windows 7 - is it possible?: I'm currently using Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit w/SP1 but after trying out the Movies & TV app on another computer would like to have it on my computer because of the 30 sec skip feature but can't download it. Is there any way I can download and install it on a Windows 7...