Windows 10: Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer?

Discus and support Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What it says in the title. It appears to only occur sometimes in file explorer. The drive isn't actually unlabelled, but it appears to be. I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/youarebothlosers, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer?

What it says in the title. It appears to only occur sometimes in file explorer. The drive isn't actually unlabelled, but it appears to be.

I have an external hard drive named "STORAGE", which ends up appearing as "Local Disk" occasionally when I use my computer for the day. I need to restart explorer with task manager for the label to be restored.

Seems to be a cosmetic issue, so no biggie, but it's weird. I feel like it might be related to the drive having Bitlocker turned on. It's set to automatically unlock, however, and even if it's unlabelled, it's still accessible when unlocked, just no label.

submitted by /u/youarebothlosers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/youarebothlosers, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Ralph_B Win User

winxp pro explorer cd or dvd label

windows explorer doesn't correctly display the title/label of either cds or dvds , sometimes a previous label is displayed regardless of file content, but mostly no label is displayed. The contaents are displayed ok.
    the following method will display the label correctly but does not alter win explorer display:
    right click on drive, select properties, select hardware, double click on appropriate drive then click on volumes, then click on populate. This method obviously proves that the information can be read by my system but I do not understand the explorer problem - any thoughts are wellcome please ?

win xp sp2
    optorite drive dvd rw dd0203

I've since resolved the problem by selecting autoplay for the cd/dvd drive, not ideal becauase I do not want to use the autoplay feature , but at least it solved the label problem

Ralph_B, Apr 1, 2020
  3. JinhoLee5 Win User
    External drives won't display their labels properly in file explorer.

All of my external drives won't display their labels properly in file explorer while it shows properly in disk manager. Attached file says everything. I can rename it the file explorer, but it is not changed at all.

Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer? 34e233ce-0465-4ca8-96e7-2ddcea47855e?upload=true.jpg

JinhoLee5, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer?

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer?

1. Anyone else's drive labels occasionally not displaying in file explorer? - Similar Threads - Anyone else's drive

2. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  3. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  4. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?: Constant crashes of file explorer with this build. Seems to occur with like every other build. Microsoft will finally fix it with one build and then break it AGAIN with the next build. File explorer especially crashes with my Samsung S23 Ultra when connected by USB-C to...
  6. Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?

Anyone else having issues with File Explorer after the update to 23H2?: Constant crashes of file explorer with this build. Seems to occur with like every other build. Microsoft will finally fix it with one build and then break it AGAIN with the next build. File explorer especially crashes with my Samsung S23 Ultra when connected by USB-C to...
  7. File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”: I have a folder in my File Explorer, Windows 10, labeled “Windows. Old” dated 1/26/2021. I think it might be from a reset I did. Do I need to keep this, or can I delete it? It’s large and it takes forever to run a full scan, maybe by deleting this file it would speed things...
  8. File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”

File Explorer, file labeled “Windows. Old”: I have a folder in my File Explorer, Windows 10, labeled “Windows. Old” dated 1/26/2021. I think it might be from a reset I did. Do I need to keep this, or can I delete it? It’s large and it takes forever to run a full scan, maybe by deleting this file it would speed things...
  9. Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is anyone else here having issues with file explorer recently?: I'm not sure if it's the latest cumulative update, but I can hardly use file explorer now because it's freezing constantly. It takes forever to respond to clicks, and context menus don't appear for several seconds. The start menu doesn't respond to the windows key, and things...
  10. Anyone else bothered by this? (Windows 10 1909 File Explorer)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else bothered by this? (Windows 10 1909 File Explorer): [IMG] submitted by /u/Stick1000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvrf4n/anyone_else_bothered_by_this_windows_10_1909_file/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Explorer doesnt show correct label