Windows 10: Anyone ever installed Windows 10 enterprise over 10 professional?

Discus and support Anyone ever installed Windows 10 enterprise over 10 professional? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Do I need to do anything. Will all drivers for 10 professional work with the enterprise version? 39797 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pectin232, Feb 4, 2016.

1. pectin232 Win User

Anyone ever installed Windows 10 enterprise over 10 professional?

Do I need to do anything. Will all drivers for 10 professional work with the enterprise version?

:)

pectin232, Feb 4, 2016
  2. AnyOne-10 Win User

Fresh backup shows files and folders that do not exist on the system

Both SFC and DISM finished successfully, but files/folders still show non-existing Previous Versions.

Any other suggestions?

BTW. I have been using Backup using File History since Windows 8.0, but still don't feel comfortable with it.

AnyOne-10, Feb 4, 2016
  3. AnyOne-10 Win User
    Fresh backup shows files and folders that do not exist on the system

Due to a lack of a further response from Microsoft, I tried the following drastic measures:

• Reset the PC and keep my files

This did not solve the problem
    • Reset PC and don't keep my files

This did nit solved the problem
    After further investigation I found out about vssadmin and
    wbadmin
    . With these tools you can cleanup older shadowstorage and backups. But how come this info retained information as old as 2013 about backups after a fresh install of Windows 10 without keeping my files?

It appears there is another source of information about backups: The disk on which the backup is stored. The MediaID.bin file seems to keep information on the files/folders in the backup created.

Solution:

• Deleted the backup folder on my external disk
    • Removing the MediaID.bin
    • Cleaning up shadow copies (vssadmin) and the backup catalog (wbadmin)
    • Creating fresh backup
    Now Backup and Restore (Windows 7) does no longer list old backups in the catalog and versions of files. And the "Previous Versions" tab of files does not show older versions anymore.

AnyOne-10, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Anyone ever installed Windows 10 enterprise over 10 professional?

Drivers will be the same. The only difference in versions is whether or not certain features and services are available.

DeaconFrost, Feb 4, 2016
  5. RPmtl Win User
    All I did was use the Change Product Key feature to enter the Enterprise key (from the college where I work) and after a reboot I was running the Enterprise version.

RPmtl, Feb 5, 2016
  6. I've done that too. It's by far the easiest way to go from Pro to Enterprise. No reinstalling anything. You can go from Pro to Education too, or Home to Pro or Education or Enterprise that way to. It's Windows 10's equivalent to Windows 8.1's add features.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Anyone ever installed Windows 10 enterprise over 10 professional?

1. Anyone ever installed Windows 10 enterprise over 10 professional? - Similar Threads - Anyone ever installed

2. change to windows 10 professional or keep windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change to windows 10 professional or keep windows 10 enterprise: recently windows 10 professional failed during updateupon restart it gaveuser profile error and lock outafter failed recovery i installed new windows 10new install gave me windows 10 enterprise with no product codeany knows how to find product code or how to get my windows 10...
  3. change to windows 10 professional or keep windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change to windows 10 professional or keep windows 10 enterprise: recently windows 10 professional failed during updateupon restart it gaveuser profile error and lock outafter failed recovery i installed new windows 10new install gave me windows 10 enterprise with no product codeany knows how to find product code or how to get my windows 10...
  4. change to windows 10 professional or keep windows 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Microsoft Education vs. Windows 10 Professional/Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Education vs. Windows 10 Professional/Enterprise: Good afternoon,I am researching software that requires Microsoft Windows 10 [Professional, Enterprise] version 1703, or higher but the laptops we are using have Windows 10 Education Version 1909 10.0.18363.1916, Version 20H210.0.19042.1348 and Version 20H2 10.0.19042.1288. I...
  6. Downgrading and Activating a Non-Activated Windows 10 Enterprise Installation to Professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading and Activating a Non-Activated Windows 10 Enterprise Installation to Professional: Here are the steps I took to downgrade my system that was NOT currently activated with a product key. You may be able to acheive the same results by selecting "Change Product Key" with an already activated Windows OS but I have not tested this option. Hopefully this will help...
  7. Windows 10 installation over Windows 7 professional

Windows 10 installation over Windows 7 professional: I want to install a new version of Windows 10 Home on a high end 64 bit desktop currently running under Windows 7 professional. I do not need to upgrade from windows 7 I do not care if everything is deleted on this computer Can I purchase Windows 10 with a license and...
  8. Install windows 10 home over enterprise without usb

Install windows 10 home over enterprise without usb: I recently upgraded my computer from home to enterprise, then enterprise started giving my computer performance issues so now i want to go back to home but the usb i used to install windows 10 enterprise has broke it was my only usb so now i cant install windows 10 home...
  9. Issues downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Professional

Issues downgrading Windows 10 Enterprise to Professional: HGello I need help to downgrade my Windows 10 Enterprise that I can't activate, to a Windows 10 Professional 64 bit UK, that was originally activated on my machine from the store I purchased my desktop. I purchased it with that windows version originally on it and was...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Professional: Dear all, As mentioned in subject, i have my PC with Windows 10 Enterprise, if i need to upgrade Professional license, do i need to refresh the image or can i just update the professional license key >?...