Windows 10: Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10

Discus and support Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've used Win10 for over a week now. And overall, I like it with the exception that Microsoft Money Sunset Edition is no longer compatible with this OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scott784, Aug 10, 2015.

1. scott784 Win User

Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10

I've used Win10 for over a week now. And overall, I like it with the exception that Microsoft Money Sunset Edition is no longer compatible with this OS (at least for now). I've used that program for years and very disappointed about it..but can learn to live without it. Other than that, my device manager has been clean and everything feels solid.

However, there have been some very odd issues that have arisen well after I already had Win10 up and running. For example, just two days ago, I temporarily lost all sound in my Bose Companion speakers. There was no logical reason for this to happen as there weren't any lose cords or anything getting shifted around. Oddly, enough this problem went away on its own simply by me unplugging and plugging in the speaker wire again. Go figure! The next weird issue happened today with my Western Digital My Book Essential (external drive). Now I had already used that as well after installing WIn10 (with no problems). But suddenly today, it simply would not make the proper connection to my PC. But once again, the problem simply went away a few hours later when I tried again to connect the external drive.

I realize there can be problems with any new OS until the bugs get worked out. But these are examples of random/weird issues that seem to appear out of nowhere before they disappear again. Looking at Windows Updates, I don't see anything unusual, just the installation of a number of security updates to include Bit Defender.

One final thing I have noticed, my SSD now seems to be a lot more active than it was in Win7. Not that it's really bad, but I do hear more subtle clicking in the background in the SSD.......as if it is constantly trying to index things or perform other actions. Can anyone relate to these types of strange issues, or is it just me? Note: I have changed some of the settings in Win10 to prevent the system from using bit torrents and similar to share the bytes on my PC with other users.

:)

scott784, Aug 10, 2015

2. Weird transparent bar on screen that wont go away..

I turned on my laptop this morning to find a 3 inch transparent bar running horizontally across my screen.

I ran Task Manager and found nothing out of the ordinary.

I ran a Full virus scan with Kaspersky Total Security 2018 and nothing was detected.

I turned off transparency effect in Settings which did nothing.

I took a screenshot but it's not in the image!

What can I do to remove the bar? It's really annoying when trying to work.

Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10 [​IMG]

RishiSahney, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Weird transparent bar on screen that wont go away..

If you can take a photo of the screen & point out the problem that would be a big help. Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10 :)

If it’s not on the screenshot then imo that points to a monitor screen problem, it may be something simple as a loose connection or worst case you require an new screen/monitor.

Time Lady, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10

1. Anyone experience weird/random glitches that suddenly go away in Win10 - Similar Threads - Anyone experience weird

2. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird rectangle refuses to go away: Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with...
  3. Weird rectangle refuses to go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird rectangle refuses to go away: Im in Microsoft word and this rectangle popped up when I clicked format painting, not knowing what it was I was just checking stuff out....so now this thing won't go away and makes a ping sound when I try.to click out of it, hit esc, delete, anything else...closing with...
  4. hour glass glitch that wont go away

hour glass glitch that wont go away: I have a hour glass glitch constantly blinking near my mouse cursor an it wont go away i updated my mouse drivers an updated my computer i restarted an shut it down an its still there ?...
  5. hour glass glitch that wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hour glass glitch that wont go away: I have a hour glass glitch constantly blinking near my mouse cursor an it wont go away i updated my mouse drivers an updated my computer i restarted an shut it down an its still there ?...
  6. Weird Glitch

Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  7. Weird glitching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird glitching: So the issue I am currently having is whenever I move my laptop just a tiny bit or if it shakes anything, it goes into this weird black glitchy screen; sometimes the laptop reboots; other times it doesn't; it just sits there and freezes as it crashed, but I have the slightest...
  8. Laptop Microphone suddenly makes weird noises for minutes at a time before going away?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Microphone suddenly makes weird noises for minutes at a time before going away?: This is a really weird question and searching for it yields a lot of unrelated answers and threads. I talk to my friends on my laptop every day but a few days ago it seems like there's some problem with it now.Every now and then it'll start making a ton of sound from nowhere....
  9. Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?: [ATTACH] I've googled it but nothing comes up. I ran Avast and anti-Malwarebytes they both didn't find anything. I have no clue what this is or why it wont go away. Pls help submitted by /u/wham__ [link] [comments]...
  10. Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?: When I get notifications from Google Chrome(like a new upload from my YouTube subscriptions) they do not disappear on their own. However, when I get other notifications like a discord message, it will go away after a few seconds. This is extremely annoying especially in...