Anyone finding that Snap has changed?

Discus and support Anyone finding that Snap has changed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Since the update I'm finding that Snap only does half page the way it did in Windows 7. Is anyone else seeing this? Mike 2576 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 22, 2014.

1. MikeHawthorne Win User

Hi

Since the update I'm finding that Snap only does half page the way it did in Windows 7.
    Is anyone else seeing this?

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 22, 2014
  2. EricChanZK Win User

Disable snapping to corners, keep snapping to edges

I find it an inconvenience of snapping windows to corners on a laptop (due to small screens and large windows). I instinctively grab a window and drag it upper right or left and expect it to snap to those sides but gets trapped in the corner. I want to find
    a way to disable the feature that snaps to corners, but keep the sides. Can anyone help me find a solution to this? (Or Microsoft to provide an update to aid this issue)

Key Topics: Ease of Access, Multitasking, Automatic Snap

EricChanZK, Oct 22, 2014
  3. Simonello83 Win User
    WIndows 10 RSAT

Ive downloaded the WindowsTH-KB2693643-x64 for tools and they work fine. The only problem I have is adding the DHCP snap-in. Even though DHCP Server Tools is ticked, no dhcp properties are installed under Administrative Tools and cannot add the snap-in
    on the mmc console. Has anyone had this issue or can anyone help resolve the problem please?

Thanks

Simonello83, Oct 22, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Yup, modern and native apps.

Edwin, Oct 22, 2014
  5. alphanumeric New Member
    It was a step back for me in the first 10 release, now after this upgrade its even worse. Desktop programs could be snapped in quadrants, now its only half screen like you say. The two metro apps I use won't even snap to half screen. They will only reduce to about 2/3 screen and won't snap at all. The hot keys don't work either? Did they change them? It used to be the Windows Logo key plus an arrow key.

alphanumeric, Oct 22, 2014
  6. lehnerus2000 Win User
    Start here but read through to the end (post 14 , 17 & 19).
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post160412

My Window Snapping works as in b9841 after I first start/reboot W10, but after some random combination of events it stops. *Confused

The windows remain at the size they were snapped to.
    The controls in the right corner of the Titlebar behave normally and will unstick the snapped windows.

lehnerus2000, Oct 22, 2014
  7. Amby Win User
    windows don't even snap in my windows 10. what's the matter

8. Edwin New Member

Try enabling "Show windows contents while dragging" in Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings/System Properties-Advanced tab/Performance-Settings/Performance Options-Visual Effects tab/check mark/Apply/OK.

Edwin, Nov 21, 2014
  9. Amby Win User
    Try enabling "Show windows contents while dragging" in Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings/System Properties-Advanced tab/Performance-Settings/Performance Options-Visual Effects tab/check mark/Apply/OK. It's enabled. It's so inconsistent. It only works 3% of the time.

10. lehnerus2000 Win User
    Which W10 build are you referring too?
    Did you perform a clean install?

The original release (b9841) had the best version of Window Snapping.
    Apart from the Task Manager, it worked perfectly on everything else I tested.
    It also had the most layouts/options.

Window Snapping was broken/dodgy in b9860.

It's mostly fixed in b9879.
    MS still managed to break it though (no 100% width, 50% height option).

lehnerus2000, Nov 22, 2014
  11. Amby Win User
    Which W10 build are you referring too?
    Did you perform a clean install?

The original release (b9841) had the best version of Window Snapping.
    Apart from the Task Manager, it worked perfectly on everything else I tested.
    It also had the most layouts/options.

Window Snapping was broken/dodgy in b9860.

It's mostly fixed in b9879.
    MS still managed to break it though (no 100% width, 50% height option). I am on version 9841. Although I've done windows update a couple of times i am still having the issues

12. alphanumeric New Member
Thema:

1. Anyone finding that Snap has changed? - Similar Threads - Anyone finding Snap

2. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  3. Change (increase) the font size in Outlook 2016 reading pane

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change (increase) the font size in Outlook 2016 reading pane: My tired old eyes, 85 years, no longer can comfortably read emails in the reading pane. How can I increase the size of the font a notch or two? I searched the web but cannot find an answer that will work on my W10 system. Will really appreciate any help on this. Thank you....
  4. How do I change my network connection's name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my network connection's name: How do I change the network connection name?/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-change-my-network-connections-name/1e219d11-3cd1-4a96-9ade-a4b306a3d743
  5. How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?: How do I find the Run field on windows start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-find-the-run-field-on-windows-start-menu/5c7186b0-2d9f-46ff-942a-7681797222d2
  6. Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10...: Howdy again, We still have two machines on our network running windows 7 SP1. These machines were sharing a printer attached to the windows 10 home machine. Since 1803 I have not been able to connect to the printer from the windows 7 machines while 1803 resides on this...
  7. How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed: System Restore, under "Choose a different restore point", lists only two weeks ago as the oldest restore point .. but I want to restore to a date two months ago. How can I find restore points that are older than those listed? 116026
  8. Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?

Can I prevent Windows 10 from changing my defaults?: It is highly annoying to have .pdf files open in Edge instead of Adobe reader, but setting the default app on .pdf does not last long!!! Same with Grove vs Media Player. Ron...
  9. I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find...

I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find...: Hello, I am repeatedly getting pop up as 'windows can't find C:\Users\Raghu\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\htguftbr\jcwufsbj.exe' whenever I connect the charger and it keeps popping up afterward....
  10. Windows snapping leaving gap and white bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows snapping leaving gap and white bar: When I snap a window by hitting it at the top of the screen it will maximize but if I do it again it will leave a gap and a white bar. Also the window is lower than it should be Help? Thanks :)[ATTACH]...