Windows 10: Anyone finding that Snap has changed?

Discus and support Anyone finding that Snap has changed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Since the update I'm finding that Snap only does half page the way it did in Windows 7. Is anyone else seeing this? Mike 2576 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Anyone finding that Snap has changed?

Hi

Since the update I'm finding that Snap only does half page the way it did in Windows 7.
    Is anyone else seeing this?

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 22, 2014

2. Disable snapping to corners, keep snapping to edges

I find it an inconvenience of snapping windows to corners on a laptop (due to small screens and large windows). I instinctively grab a window and drag it upper right or left and expect it to snap to those sides but gets trapped in the corner. I want to find
    a way to disable the feature that snaps to corners, but keep the sides. Can anyone help me find a solution to this? (Or Microsoft to provide an update to aid this issue)

Key Topics: Ease of Access, Multitasking, Automatic Snap

EricChanZK, Oct 22, 2014
  3. WIndows 10 RSAT

Ive downloaded the WindowsTH-KB2693643-x64 for tools and they work fine. The only problem I have is adding the DHCP snap-in. Even though DHCP Server Tools is ticked, no dhcp properties are installed under Administrative Tools and cannot add the snap-in
    on the mmc console. Has anyone had this issue or can anyone help resolve the problem please?

Thanks

Simonello83, Oct 22, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Anyone finding that Snap has changed?

Yup, modern and native apps.

Edwin, Oct 22, 2014
  5. It was a step back for me in the first 10 release, now after this upgrade its even worse. Desktop programs could be snapped in quadrants, now its only half screen like you say. The two metro apps I use won't even snap to half screen. They will only reduce to about 2/3 screen and won't snap at all. The hot keys don't work either? Did they change them? It used to be the Windows Logo key plus an arrow key.

alphanumeric, Oct 22, 2014
  6. Start here but read through to the end (post 14 , 17 & 19).
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post160412

My Window Snapping works as in b9841 after I first start/reboot W10, but after some random combination of events it stops. *Confused

The windows remain at the size they were snapped to.
    The controls in the right corner of the Titlebar behave normally and will unstick the snapped windows.

lehnerus2000, Oct 22, 2014
  7. Amby Win User
    windows don't even snap in my windows 10. what's the matter

8. Edwin New Member

Try enabling "Show windows contents while dragging" in Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings/System Properties-Advanced tab/Performance-Settings/Performance Options-Visual Effects tab/check mark/Apply/OK.

Edwin, Nov 21, 2014
  9. Amby Win User
    Try enabling "Show windows contents while dragging" in Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings/System Properties-Advanced tab/Performance-Settings/Performance Options-Visual Effects tab/check mark/Apply/OK. It's enabled. It's so inconsistent. It only works 3% of the time.

10. Which W10 build are you referring too?
    Did you perform a clean install?

The original release (b9841) had the best version of Window Snapping.
    Apart from the Task Manager, it worked perfectly on everything else I tested.
    It also had the most layouts/options.

Window Snapping was broken/dodgy in b9860.

It's mostly fixed in b9879.
    MS still managed to break it though (no 100% width, 50% height option).

lehnerus2000, Nov 22, 2014
  11. Amby Win User
    Which W10 build are you referring too?
    Did you perform a clean install?

The original release (b9841) had the best version of Window Snapping.
    Apart from the Task Manager, it worked perfectly on everything else I tested.
    It also had the most layouts/options.

Window Snapping was broken/dodgy in b9860.

It's mostly fixed in b9879.
    MS still managed to break it though (no 100% width, 50% height option). I am on version 9841. Although I've done windows update a couple of times i am still having the issues

Thema:

1. Anyone finding that Snap has changed? - Similar Threads - Anyone finding Snap

2. How to find out if anyone has / had access to my network?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find out if anyone has / had access to my network?: Hello everyone How can I see if anyone from the outside, has or had access to my network? I know of Router logs, and various software to scan the network for connected devices Is it possible to see in Event Viewer? If yes, then how? Other ways of finding out? Network...
  3. Change Snap Assist threshold

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Snap Assist threshold: I have to basically be going the speed of light to break through the snap assist and move a window to my second monitor and there doesn't appear to be an option to fix this from what I have seen so is there any method tofix it. given I don't see the option in the multitasking...
  4. Does anyone know a software to allow snapping to middle of the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know a software to allow snapping to middle of the screen?: I have a 34 inch screen and would like to snap my window to the centre of the screen (50% of total size) without maximizing it. I haven't found anything like this. Help would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Coz131 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows snap has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows snap has stopped working.: Windows Key + Left Right Arrow no longer snaps a window to left right. WindowsKey + UpArrow maximises window. I followed: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system This did not fix the problem, viz: ---...
  6. Bluetooth has been Thanos snapped.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth has been Thanos snapped.: My bluetooth just disappeared today, its been working fine for months but the second I turn on my laptop I realize my headset won't connect. I go over to settings and it turns out bluetooth doesent even exist? I restarted my laptop but it hasnt solved the problem. Can anyone...
  7. has anyone had this happen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    has anyone had this happen?: Hi My sons laptop runs Windows 10. when he started it the other day this came up, your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. we"re just collecting some error info and the we will restart for you. for more information about this issue and possible fixes, visit...
  8. Has anyone used DISM++ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone used DISM++ ?: Hi - I found this and wanted to know if anyone has used it or not. Looks like eye candy to me, so I wanted to inquire. DISM++ is a Windows OS Image Customizer and Size Reducer Thanks. *Smile 139408
  9. snap

in Windows 10 Customization
    snap: I don't understand when I read to snap a window automatically fill the page or screen??please I'm not that tech savvy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/snap/2fe10897-8a5e-4cdb-beff-fab06217a9a7
  10. Has anyone done this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anyone done this?: I am having to replace a clapped out HDD on a laptop which had an updated W10 installed.....this for a friend. Have advised her and she has agreed a new SSD will replace it, she is on holiday for another week so can do nothing now, In the meantime have been doing some...