Anyone finding that Snap has changed?

Discus and support Anyone finding that Snap has changed? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi Since the update I'm finding that Snap only does half page the way it did in Windows 7. Is anyone else seeing this? Mike 2576 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 22, 2014.

1. MikeHawthorne Win User

Hi

Since the update I'm finding that Snap only does half page the way it did in Windows 7.
    Is anyone else seeing this?

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 22, 2014
  2. EricChanZK Win User

Disable snapping to corners, keep snapping to edges

I find it an inconvenience of snapping windows to corners on a laptop (due to small screens and large windows). I instinctively grab a window and drag it upper right or left and expect it to snap to those sides but gets trapped in the corner. I want to find
    a way to disable the feature that snaps to corners, but keep the sides. Can anyone help me find a solution to this? (Or Microsoft to provide an update to aid this issue)

Key Topics: Ease of Access, Multitasking, Automatic Snap

EricChanZK, Oct 22, 2014
  3. Simonello83 Win User
    WIndows 10 RSAT

Ive downloaded the WindowsTH-KB2693643-x64 for tools and they work fine. The only problem I have is adding the DHCP snap-in. Even though DHCP Server Tools is ticked, no dhcp properties are installed under Administrative Tools and cannot add the snap-in
    on the mmc console. Has anyone had this issue or can anyone help resolve the problem please?

Thanks

Simonello83, Oct 22, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Yup, modern and native apps.

Edwin, Oct 22, 2014
  5. alphanumeric New Member
    It was a step back for me in the first 10 release, now after this upgrade its even worse. Desktop programs could be snapped in quadrants, now its only half screen like you say. The two metro apps I use won't even snap to half screen. They will only reduce to about 2/3 screen and won't snap at all. The hot keys don't work either? Did they change them? It used to be the Windows Logo key plus an arrow key.

alphanumeric, Oct 22, 2014
  6. lehnerus2000 Win User
    Start here but read through to the end (post 14 , 17 & 19).
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post160412

My Window Snapping works as in b9841 after I first start/reboot W10, but after some random combination of events it stops. *Confused

The windows remain at the size they were snapped to.
    The controls in the right corner of the Titlebar behave normally and will unstick the snapped windows.

lehnerus2000, Oct 22, 2014
  7. Amby Win User
    windows don't even snap in my windows 10. what's the matter

8. Edwin New Member

Try enabling "Show windows contents while dragging" in Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings/System Properties-Advanced tab/Performance-Settings/Performance Options-Visual Effects tab/check mark/Apply/OK.

Edwin, Nov 21, 2014
  9. Amby Win User
    Try enabling "Show windows contents while dragging" in Control Panel/System/Advanced system settings/System Properties-Advanced tab/Performance-Settings/Performance Options-Visual Effects tab/check mark/Apply/OK. It's enabled. It's so inconsistent. It only works 3% of the time.

10. lehnerus2000 Win User
    Which W10 build are you referring too?
    Did you perform a clean install?

The original release (b9841) had the best version of Window Snapping.
    Apart from the Task Manager, it worked perfectly on everything else I tested.
    It also had the most layouts/options.

Window Snapping was broken/dodgy in b9860.

It's mostly fixed in b9879.
    MS still managed to break it though (no 100% width, 50% height option).

lehnerus2000, Nov 22, 2014
  11. Amby Win User
    Which W10 build are you referring too?
    Did you perform a clean install?

The original release (b9841) had the best version of Window Snapping.
    Apart from the Task Manager, it worked perfectly on everything else I tested.
    It also had the most layouts/options.

Window Snapping was broken/dodgy in b9860.

It's mostly fixed in b9879.
    MS still managed to break it though (no 100% width, 50% height option). I am on version 9841. Although I've done windows update a couple of times i am still having the issues

12. alphanumeric New Member
Thema:

Anyone finding that Snap has changed? - Similar Threads - Anyone finding Snap

1. Does anyone know of a working Windows XP Luna theme for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone know of a working Windows XP Luna theme for windows 10?: Does anyone have a working windows XP Luna theme for the latest version of Windows 10? I have classic shell, so the taskbar and start button are windows XP style but everything else is windows 10 style. Also, I have tried the themes by sagorbirpd on deviantart but you need...
  2. Anyone familiar with wifi direct before i lose my mind?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anyone familiar with wifi direct before i lose my mind?: So i have an affinity for learning things the hard way. I kept trying to enable projecting to this pc anywhere on secure networks and every time i did in the past, it seems to pick up my neighbors pc. In the past I had a restore ready to rollback and get rid of it. (it...
  3. Any Mass Mailer but email id wont shot to anyone!

in Browsers and Email
    Any Mass Mailer but email id wont shot to anyone!: Hey guys, Anyone know free Mass Bulk Mailer that can send email to email list and dont show email ids to everyone! Regards. 112375
  4. Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing?: I wish to send small bits of information in a sort of LAN format between computers in my room, without the use or need necessarily for USB or otherwise. For example I'm needing to download a file that I have the link for now on a separate tab, but I don't wish to waste the...
  5. Does anyone have any on removing vibration from an exteral source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone have any on removing vibration from an exteral source: I'll explain, my father in-law is a professional musician. He has large external speakers witch is connected to the PC and his other equipment. Sometimes the music he plays must be very loud, now here is the computer problem. Occasionally he has issues with the Power supply...
  6. Anyone care to explain to me how the integrated Sync feature works?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anyone care to explain to me how the integrated Sync feature works?: Ok, so i have an issue that was minor relatively speaking. Its finally came to the point of getting rid of it (now that i know whats actually causing it, sorta). The sync feature. I like it - id love to use it, but in a specific way which escapes me. Let me explain. I have...
  7. Anyone else find they cant use a # in password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anyone else find they cant use a # in password: Just setup a windows 10 box and trying to RDP to the workstation. I can logon just find but when I try to RDP the logon window just pops back up. Discovered I cant have a # sign in the password. Any one else have this issue? Thanks 64396