Windows 10: Anyone got wrong time on V1809? It was daylight saving today

Discus and support Anyone got wrong time on V1809? It was daylight saving today in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just turned on PC and time is wrong. It should be 21.32 in UK but clock shows 22.32. I swear when I checked machine earlier today the time was correct.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Scottyboy99 Win User

Anyone got wrong time on V1809? It was daylight saving today

Just turned on PC and time is wrong. It should be 21.32 in UK but clock shows 22.32. I swear when I checked machine earlier today the time was correct. Anyone else seeing the same? Checked settings and all looks correct as per screenshot

Anyone got wrong time on V1809? It was daylight saving today [​IMG]

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 Daylight Savings Time Button Grayed Out.

Hi Gary,

This issue may happen if your region or time zone doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time (DST).

To check if DST is available, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Date and Time.
    • Under Time zone, check if there's any indications regarding Daylight Saving Time.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Lizette Ags Win User
    Shows the wrong time

Hi Jonas,

If you live in a region that does not observe daylight saving time (DST), but the Windows setting for that time zone
    does adjust for daylight saving time, we recommend that you do not clear the
    Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time check box in the
    Time Zone Settings dialog box. Instead, we suggest that you select a time zone that does not observe daylight saving time and that has the same Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) offset as the current time zone.

For example, assume that your current time zone is (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada). There are two time zones that do not observe daylight saving time and that have the same UTC offset (-06:00):

• (UTC-06:00) Central America
    • (UTC-06:00) Saskatchewan

To change your time zone setting, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Change the time zone.
    • In the Time Zone area of the Date and Time
      dialog box, click Change time zone.
    • In the Time zone list, select a time zone that does not observe daylight saving time and has the same UTC offset as your current time zone.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Oct 28, 2018
  4. RPickoff Win User

Daylight Savings Time

My treo 700w does not display the correct time, since the Daylight Savings Time change went into effect. I did download and install the following from Microsoft to try to remedy, and reset the device, as instructed.

http://mobile.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsmobile/updates/dst.aspx

but my calendar still shows appointments off by an hour.

Suggestions???

Robert M.Pickoff, M.D.

RPickoff, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyone got wrong time on V1809? It was daylight saving today - Similar Threads - Anyone got wrong

2. Daylight savings time in chicago illinois usa

in Windows 10 Customization
    Daylight savings time in chicago illinois usa: why did my windows 10 not auto set for daylight savings time * Moved from Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/daylight-savings-time-in-chicago-illinois-usa/93277eea-bc9e-466f-a78c-f74e68b106c8
  3. Daylight saving time not changing Windows 10

Daylight saving time not changing Windows 10: Well it that time of the year for everything to fall back, expect my Windows 10 system would make the change. Any idea what I can do to make it happen? I've changed the BIOS clock back on hour....
  4. I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to select the "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch, and more.: For some odd reason, I am unable to change my time zone to the correct time zone when I set my time settings to "Set Time Automatically" and/or "Set Time Zone Automatically", as well as my "Adjust Daylight Saving Time Automatically" switch being grayed out for no reason at...
  5. KB4343909 got installed again today

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4343909 got installed again today: Today KB4343909 got installed again. I had it installed on Aug 14th, the very day it was issued. The only reason I can surmise is that I changed my default Display Language from English (United States) back to English (Canada) one day ago. I had been told this would...
  6. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...
  7. Using a custom explorer.exe - Anyone got it working?

Using a custom explorer.exe - Anyone got it working?: I'm trying to use a custom explorer.exe (well, replacing a icon in explorer). When I do this, I get error 0xc0000142. I've tried just replacing explorer with Windows 7's explorer (as the icon I wanted to use was Windows 7's explorer icon, and I was also curious to see how...
  8. Anyone got NumPad working in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone got NumPad working in Windows 10?: I downloaded NumPad from SourceForge, doesn't seem to *do* anything. Anybody had any success running this and having a visible pad? 87201
  9. System Wrong Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Wrong Time: System's clock goes fast (15 minutes in an hour). After synchronizing with internet time manually it corrects itself, but again goes fast till the next synchronization. 22789
  10. Got this error today Event 4401

in Windows 10 Support
    Got this error today Event 4401: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005. What is this? Should I be worried? 77641