Windows 10: Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH?

Discus and support Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ive just now realized how useful this (adding something in my environment variables) is and was hoping a means existed to get it into the context menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Mar 14, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH?

ive just now realized how useful this (adding something in my environment variables) is and was hoping a means existed to get it into the context menu as opposed to having to go into system>advanced>environment variables and do it manually every time.

I guess it would just need to display on directories right?

:)

klepp0906, Mar 14, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Mar 14, 2020
  4. klepp0906 Win User

Hi brink, no sorry. I mean a context menu that would simply add it. Right click > add to path or some such. To avoid even having to open the gui if thats possible?

klepp0906, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH? - Similar Threads - Anyone reg floating

2. Path of "Personalization data", "Input Indicator" and "Location" Reg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Path of "Personalization data", "Input Indicator" and "Location" Reg: Hi guys, This is my first post and I would like to know where is the path and name of the registry keys for the following "System Icons" and "Languange Bar" property: -Input Indicator (System Icon) -Location (System Icon) -Personalization data (Language Bar) Thanks in...
  3. Type "REG ADD /?" for usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Type "REG ADD /?" for usage.: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server" /v AllowRemoteRPC /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f - ERROR: Invalid syntax. Type "REG ADD /?" for usage. how to fix?...
  4. REG ADD works from cmdline but not batch

in Windows 10 Support
    REG ADD works from cmdline but not batch: I've been trying to figure this one out and I'm sure it's something simple I've missed. This will add a reg entry to a local pc when used from an elevated cmd prompt, but doesn't work when I run it in a .cmd file with run as admin? reg add...
  5. Anyone else having this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having this issue?: Ever since the first 2018 update windows won't update or install any apps from the store I keep getting this code "error 0x80070005" I had to 'manually'' update windows by reinstalling it, please let me know if anyone has a solution submitted by /u/crippling_cancer [link]...
  6. Total duh moment... anyone around to help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Total duh moment... anyone around to help: I was going to troubleshoot my network and i kitty wanted loves so needless to say i entered netsh and now my prompt has changed from windows\system32> to netsh> and i cant for the life of me remember how to change it back....
  7. Floating Bubbles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Floating Bubbles: For the past month, I have been having these Bubbles appearing on my screen, generally on my taskbar. When it happens, it takes total control over my computer, it opens different windows and other things one right after the other, and I have almost No Control over my cursor....
  8. Floating Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Floating Desktop Icon: Ever since the installation of Win10 Build 18936 prerelease 190705-1333 I have an icon(This PC) on the upper left-hand corner of the desktop that moves from its spot after every reboot. I have changed the icon, move it manually and deleted and reinstalled. It is a Windows...
  9. Anyone having problems with the store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone having problems with the store?: On my desktop it's not loading anything, just circling dots. Actually after several mins it does kick into some life slowly loading stuff but it's very very slow 72439
  10. Anyone having this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone having this problem?: Everytime I try and upload a photo, no matter which site, I get "working on it"! Anyone else having this problem? If so, did you fix it? [img] 22654