Windows 10: Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH?

Discus and support Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ive just now realized how useful this (adding something in my environment variables) is and was hoping a means existed to get it into the context menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Mar 14, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH?

ive just now realized how useful this (adding something in my environment variables) is and was hoping a means existed to get it into the context menu as opposed to having to go into system>advanced>environment variables and do it manually every time.

I guess it would just need to display on directories right?

:)

klepp0906, Mar 14, 2020

2. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Mar 14, 2020
  4. klepp0906 Win User

Hi brink, no sorry. I mean a context menu that would simply add it. Right click > add to path or some such. To avoid even having to open the gui if thats possible?

klepp0906, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Anyone have a reg floating around to add a PATH? - Similar Threads - Anyone reg floating

2. Add-AppxPackage -Path...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add-AppxPackage -Path...: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFD, A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. Windows cannot install package MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.8.32828.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package is not compatible with the...
  3. Add-AppxPackage -Path...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add-AppxPackage -Path...: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFD, A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. Windows cannot install package MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.8.32828.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because this package is not compatible with the...
  4. Can't add to Path variable

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't add to Path variable: Win10 Pro 20H2 In the Sytem variables section of the System Properties dialogue I add a bona fide folder name, OK, then immediately it is as though I had done nothing. No denials, no objectons, just absent. 174240
  5. How to define relative path in .reg file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to define relative path in .reg file?: Hello. so I am working on a game and I also use a third party launcher. Apparently this launcher has an issue with disabling the play button if a registry entry doesn't have an ending slash. e.g. C:\Program Files x86\Genesis\ vs C:\Program Files x86\Genesis I've brought...
  6. Path Entries with BAT or REG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Path Entries with BAT or REG: Hey guys i have a question about path entries, i added this 5 path items in the rectangle by hand [img] is there a command line parameter that will add them with one command ? and is there a way to do it with a reg file? thanks 164858
  7. how to reg add via cmd-script

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to reg add via cmd-script: Hello everybody, I want to add a registry by starting a cmd-script. Therefore i have implemented the following line: REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /V "%CDh%\Launcher.exe" /t REG_SZ /d "WIN98 256COLOR 640X480" /f But...
  8. Path of "Personalization data", "Input Indicator" and "Location" Reg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Path of "Personalization data", "Input Indicator" and "Location" Reg: Hi guys, This is my first post and I would like to know where is the path and name of the registry keys for the following "System Icons" and "Languange Bar" property: -Input Indicator (System Icon) -Location (System Icon) -Personalization data (Language Bar) Thanks in...
  9. Type "REG ADD /?" for usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Type "REG ADD /?" for usage.: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server" /v AllowRemoteRPC /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f - ERROR: Invalid syntax. Type "REG ADD /?" for usage. how to fix?...
  10. REG ADD works from cmdline but not batch

in Windows 10 Support
    REG ADD works from cmdline but not batch: I've been trying to figure this one out and I'm sure it's something simple I've missed. This will add a reg entry to a local pc when used from an elevated cmd prompt, but doesn't work when I run it in a .cmd file with run as admin? reg add...