Windows 10: Anyone have a workaround to import Firefox info into Edge Chromium?

Discus and support Anyone have a workaround to import Firefox info into Edge Chromium? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; According to Microsoft, this has been something they've been working on for at least 5 months with no end in sight. I guess capturing Firefox users... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hoosier Daddy, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Anyone have a workaround to import Firefox info into Edge Chromium?

According to Microsoft, this has been something they've been working on for at least 5 months with no end in sight. I guess capturing Firefox users isn't important.

Anyway, in Edge Beta and now the official version, if you try to import from Firefox, you get an erroneous message saying to close all Firefox windows and try again, even when Firefox has never run since boot and there are no Firefox or Mozilla processes running.

Hopefully, now with the official version out, someone has figured out how to either manually move Firefox, data into Edge or prevent the bug in Edge from thinking Firefox is running when it isn't.

I also see official Edge did NOT automatically import from Edge Beta and does not have an option to import from Edge Beta, I guess Beta users are in the same boat as Firefox users.

So typical of the current Microsoft.

:)

Hoosier Daddy, Jan 16, 2020
  2. nsmth Win User

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, Jan 16, 2020
  3. sbudaj Win User

My workaround for this was to import the bookmarks to Internet Explorer (from Firefox) then to import them to Edge. It worked.

sbudaj, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Anyone have a workaround to import Firefox info into Edge Chromium?

Firefox is not listed in the browsers to import bookmarks from. How can I import bookmarks from Firefox? I have quite a few and if I cannot import to Edge, I will just stick with Firefox

edschilling, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Anyone have a workaround to import Firefox info into Edge Chromium?

1. Anyone have a workaround to import Firefox info into Edge Chromium? - Similar Threads - Anyone workaround import

2. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  3. Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge: I have been using Edge Chromium Beta for some time now and all relevant favorites are now on that browser. I cannot find a way to export the favorites from the beta version so I can delete the old Edge favorites and import them into the new Edge that comes with build 2004....
  4. Importing firefox data to new Edge

Importing firefox data to new Edge: I have installed new Edge successfully. It displayed the import from Firefox window. I thought that was it but when I went back to Edge nothing of bookmarks or history or anything else were there. Went to settings and 'import browser data' only IE and bookmarks html are...
  5. Does anyone have this tasks dropdown on Chromium Edge as well, or has it not been...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone have this tasks dropdown on Chromium Edge as well, or has it not been...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anti_Lag [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g85o90/does_anyone_have_this_tasks_dropdown_on_chromium/
  6. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: Greetings, I am using the Edge Dev edition. I notice that the Stable edition is available. Two questions: -is there any advantage to moving to Stable? -if so, do I have to move my data, settings and extensions manually from Dev to Stable? Thanks, Graham 149521
  7. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge: Hello, I cannot import my cookies,data logins to the microsoft edge, only bookmarks can be imported it seems. Can anyone guide me to import everything from my Firefox to the edge?...
  8. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  9. Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.: That about say's it all. Here is a screenshot: [img] Henry 73197
  10. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...