Windows 10: Anyone have methods/apps for quicker file handling?

Discus and support Anyone have methods/apps for quicker file handling? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My workflow for moving files around feels very slow and clunky. I have a lot of data so drilling down into directories constantly gets time consuming.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gthing, Feb 4, 2020.

1. /u/gthing Win User

Anyone have methods/apps for quicker file handling?

My workflow for moving files around feels very slow and clunky. I have a lot of data so drilling down into directories constantly gets time consuming. I am looking for better workflows/methods/solutions/apps that can helps with this problem. I've played with Listary and Everything a little bit, but they are buggy and still based on the explorer paradigm which - to me - feels a bit clunky and outdated.

There was an app I used to love on mac called fresh (http://ironicsoftware.com/fresh/) that would pop up with a global hot key and show you recent files and folders. You could click and drag stuff into finder windows to move it around very quickly. This combined with stacks in mac os was so much easier than the windows approach.

There must be something better out there. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/gthing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gthing, Feb 4, 2020

2. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 4, 2020
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Anyone have methods/apps for quicker file handling?

Files from previous version access

Hi,

I believe the file association might be corrupt. I would suggest you to check if the reader app is set as the default app to handle PDF files. Open control panel and then click on the item 'Default programs' and then click on 'Set default programs'. Click
    on the reader app in the listed programs and click on the option 'Set this program as default' to set the program as default application for PDF files. Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Anyone have methods/apps for quicker file handling?

1. Anyone have methods/apps for quicker file handling? - Similar Threads - Anyone methods apps

2. Anyone have experience with cereberus' ENABLING HYPERV ON HOME method?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Anyone have experience with cereberus' ENABLING HYPERV ON HOME method?: . Does anyone have any experience implementing Cereberus's Enabling HyperV on Home method? Does anyone have any thoughts about successfully implementing his method on a machine running Windows 10 Home 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081)? Thanks! 181924
  3. (Shortcut to) quicker mic toggle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    (Shortcut to) quicker mic toggle?: Hi, I would like to be able to quickly (1 or 2 clicks, or maybe a keyboard shortcut - hotkey) enable and disable the microphone in Windows 10 Pro. [img] Even better if I could do in on the Device Manager level, but how? 177384
  4. Is anyone having issues with the Office Mobile apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is anyone having issues with the Office Mobile apps?: They won't let me edit any files, even if I'm logged with my university 365 account. I prefer using them most of the times, but now I'm tied to the complete apps, which feel old (yet powerful) to me. Has anyone had the same issue? submitted by /u/TuttFox [link]...
  5. best file app: is there anyone here that uses a good file app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best file app: is there anyone here that uses a good file app?: really need a good file app, all this trash and un-usability is driving me crazy first question: do any of these show when they were last updated? or does ms store not show that? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fi...w/9nghp3dx8hdx...
  6. method of recovering files - encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL

in Windows 10 Customization
    method of recovering files - encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL: how do I recover my all files including video, pdfs ? . these files are now encrypted and have the extension: .JIASIHDVL. Every folder containd a text document of JIASIHDVL-MANUAL which contains the following message ---= GANDCRAB V5.2 =---...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade method can anyone guide?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade method can anyone guide?: Hello Windows 10 upgrade method can anyone guide? How old is the upgrade so far? thank you Visit my site A common solate about freezer refrigerator...
  8. does anyone have a problem installing an apps disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    does anyone have a problem installing an apps disc: we bought a new computer last April. We had no use to use the cd/dvd tray . Our printer installed No problem. I went to download the intro dvd (with the extra features) for the printer, and it does nothing. Is there a button or something that I should be setting before I...
  9. Anyone having issues with the Windows Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone having issues with the Windows Mail App?: I keep having issues with the Windows Mail app. Every time I try to delete things in Yahoo!, it freezes up and stops responding. Is it fixable? 30114
  10. Invalid file handle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid file handle.: I tried installing cygwin and messed up what I wanted installed. Now, when I try to delete C:\cygwin\usr\share\avogadro\crystals\zeolites\CON.cif I get an error that I have an invalid file handle and cannot delete it. I don't see anything special about this file, so why can't...