Windows 10: Anyone have Windows 10 working

Discus and support Anyone have Windows 10 working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; with a mobile NVidia 7600 card? 39832 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by orlbuckeye, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Anyone have Windows 10 working

with a mobile NVidia 7600 card?

:)

orlbuckeye, Feb 4, 2016
  2. AnyOne-10 Win User

Fresh backup shows files and folders that do not exist on the system

Both SFC and DISM finished successfully, but files/folders still show non-existing Previous Versions.

Any other suggestions?

BTW. I have been using Backup using File History since Windows 8.0, but still don't feel comfortable with it.

AnyOne-10, Feb 4, 2016
  3. AnyOne-10 Win User
    Fresh backup shows files and folders that do not exist on the system

Due to a lack of a further response from Microsoft, I tried the following drastic measures:

• Reset the PC and keep my files

This did not solve the problem
    • Reset PC and don't keep my files

This did nit solved the problem
    After further investigation I found out about vssadmin and
    wbadmin
    . With these tools you can cleanup older shadowstorage and backups. But how come this info retained information as old as 2013 about backups after a fresh install of Windows 10 without keeping my files?

It appears there is another source of information about backups: The disk on which the backup is stored. The MediaID.bin file seems to keep information on the files/folders in the backup created.

Solution:

• Deleted the backup folder on my external disk
    • Removing the MediaID.bin
    • Cleaning up shadow copies (vssadmin) and the backup catalog (wbadmin)
    • Creating fresh backup
    Now Backup and Restore (Windows 7) does no longer list old backups in the catalog and versions of files. And the "Previous Versions" tab of files does not show older versions anymore.

AnyOne-10, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

Anyone have Windows 10 working

1. Anyone have Windows 10 working - Similar Threads - Anyone working

2. iCloud for Windows 10 just doesn't work. Tried everything. Anyone who solved this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iCloud for Windows 10 just doesn't work. Tried everything. Anyone who solved this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jondaviz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjtvib/icloud_for_windows_10_just_doesnt_work_tried/
  3. My troubleshooting wizard won't work. Does anyone have recommendations for the not so tech...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My troubleshooting wizard won't work. Does anyone have recommendations for the not so tech...: MY troubleshooting wizard doesn't work. So if I have an issue I can't fix it. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am not super tech savvy, so I am hoping it will be an easy fix Thank you...
  4. Anyone Had Paste Issues? - Sometimes have to paste twice for copy/paste to work.

Anyone Had Paste Issues? - Sometimes have to paste twice for copy/paste to work.: I've done a ton of reinstalls and quite a few on two different machines. A few times I've managed to get through install and setup and the issue has been avoided somehow, but 90% of the time I'm finished and whenever I paste something it does nothing until I paste a second...
  5. Has anyone had the laptop keyboard stop working and even the onscreen stop working at the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has anyone had the laptop keyboard stop working and even the onscreen stop working at the...: It started making noise, then when I typed a letter, some symbol, I did not recognize popped up or nothing was displayed at all. I don't want to reboot because, I will not be able to type in my password. Any ideas about what is going on? I just installed a software anti virus...
  6. Is the Xbox game bar not working for anyone else?

Is the Xbox game bar not working for anyone else?: Whenever I press win+g or open a game a popup says that the app can’t open, and directs me to the windows store. It was working fine until yesterday. Is there a way to fix it, or is it just down? submitted by /u/xx_lemon-boi_xx [link] [comments]...
  7. Working Thunderbolt 3 Win 10 network bridge per Intel - working for anyone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Working Thunderbolt 3 Win 10 network bridge per Intel - working for anyone?: The Thunderbolt™ Networking Bridging and Routing Instructional White Paper was written in 2014 by Intel. There is no communication available with the authors of the paper or Intel. Quote from the paper: "....multiple computers supporting Thunderbolt™ Networking...
  8. Anyone know where I can buy windows 10 pro (thats cheap) that works in Indonesia/ soith...

Anyone know where I can buy windows 10 pro (thats cheap) that works in Indonesia/ soith...: My post has to contaim text apparently submitted by /u/LookAP0tat0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/it31pr/anyone_know_where_i_can_buy_windows_10_pro_thats/
  9. Anyone else having problems with the start menu not working on clean installs?

Anyone else having problems with the start menu not working on clean installs?: I'm seeing that on a mix of desktops both with Intel and AMD CPUs. Clicking on start does nothing. I'm having to give people command line alternatives to load Office and to sleep like "rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0". Of course they're getting frustrated. I...
  10. Is the windows search bar not working for anyone?

Is the windows search bar not working for anyone?: The search bar next to the windows icon on the taskbar isn't working. Is anybody experiencing this? Also, how can I fix this? It happened after I updated Windows. submitted by /u/JustHereToRedditize [link] [comments]...