Windows 10: Anyone having issues with internet connectivity with the new windows update?

Discus and support Anyone having issues with internet connectivity with the new windows update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive recently updated my pc to the latest windows update and now whenever i launch my pc and go on game launchers they'll say i'm off line but i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zuhkai, Feb 29, 2020.

1. /u/Zuhkai Win User

Anyone having issues with internet connectivity with the new windows update?

Ive recently updated my pc to the latest windows update and now whenever i launch my pc and go on game launchers they'll say i'm off line but i'm clearly online, its not just game launchers, youtube says i dont have a connection but when i refresh the site it will play the video like nothing happened. i have 3 friends that have the same exact issue and they get more and more frustrated each day since they cant launch their games since the game launcher needs to be online. i've updated my lan drivers and still have no luck.

submitted by /u/Zuhkai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zuhkai, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Techtu Win User

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Anyone having issues with internet connectivity with the new windows update? :)

Techtu, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Intermittent internet connection issues

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

There are some reasons that causes this error connection reset. Let’s try to identify the root cause and apply the appropriate solution to fix this.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter first, and check if the issue persists. To run the troubleshooter, follow the below steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Select ‘Control panel’
    3. In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’ and then click ‘Troubleshooting’
    4. Under ‘Network and Internet’ click on ‘Network adapter’ and click on ‘Next’ button.

Try to update the network adapter and check if the issue persists.

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Expand the network and adapter’
    3. Right click on the device, and select ‘Update driver software’
    4. Restart the computer and check.
    5. You can also check for updates from the system manufacturer site.

Check proxy settings by doing the below steps:

1. Go to Control panel – Internet options.
    2. Click on ‘Connections’ tab.
    3. Click on ‘LAN settings’
    4. Uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ check box, and click ‘Ok’

I also suggest you to reset IP Address by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key, and type ‘Command prompt’
    2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
    3. Type the following command without quotes, and press enter: ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’
    4. Restart the system once and check if the issue persists.

Try to disable Kaspersky firewall and check if that helps

1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security program.
    2. Click the ‘Settings’ button.
    3. Click the ‘Firewall component’ option under Protection Center.
    4. Select the ‘Enable Firewall’ option to remove the check mark.

Hope it helps. Please reach back if the issue persists.

Thanks and regards

Naveen M

Naveen_M, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Anyone having issues with internet connectivity with the new windows update? - Similar Threads - Anyone having issues

2. I have internet connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have internet connection issue: When I uninstall all of Wan Miniports in the device manager, My internet speed become 10 times fasteras well as my WiFi speed, but these Wan Miniports come out when I restart my pc, I know that I shouldn't uninstall these Miniport drivers but how can I fix my internet speed?...
  3. I have internet connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have internet connection issue: When I uninstall all of Wan Miniports in the device manager, My internet speed become 10 times fasteras well as my WiFi speed, but these Wan Miniports come out when I restart my pc, I know that I shouldn't uninstall these Miniport drivers but how can I fix my internet speed?...
  4. I have internet connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. anyone have that issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone have that issue?: my laptop keeps restarting or freezing when i open roblox i tried to reinstall the app but didnt work and i cant repare it from apps and featurs by oppening the advanced options my laptop is:msi katana 15Graphic card: RTX 3050ti12th gen intelR coreTM i7-12700Hwindows update:...
  6. anyone have that issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone have that issue?: my laptop keeps restarting or freezing when i open roblox i tried to reinstall the app but didnt work and i cant repare it from apps and featurs by oppening the advanced options my laptop is:msi katana 15Graphic card: RTX 3050ti12th gen intelR coreTM i7-12700Hwindows update:...
  7. New laptop keeps having internet connection issues

New laptop keeps having internet connection issues: Like the title says, my laptop keeps having issues connecting to the internet and I'm at a loss.A little over a month ago, I moved into a new apartment with a new wifi network and for whatever reason my laptop just does not seem to want to connect to it. It will be connected...
  8. New laptop seems to be having internet connection issues after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New laptop seems to be having internet connection issues after windows 10 update.: I bought a laptop around the beginning of last month. I used it almost daily but only for a few things so far (like 96% of the time it's reddit, discord, youtube, and 1 video game). It was working amazing until after some windows updates. I used to get around 98-130fps on an...
  9. Anyone else having issues with the new update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having issues with the new update?: Ever since I updated my computer a few days ago it's been having issues. Apps crash constantly, the whole thing freezes for a few seconds when I open chrome or close a game. Is anyone else having these issues or is it a problem with my computer submitted by /u/MoonJay03...
  10. Connected to the Wlan but no Internet, does anyone have a solution?

Connected to the Wlan but no Internet, does anyone have a solution?: Hello (Please look at the picture) You are my last hope. I tried to solve the problem for about 6 hours today, but without success. My laptop is connected to the Wlan, but no Internet. The internet works on all devices except this Hp Pavillon laptop. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enter a sim pin2 to unlock mobile broadband