Windows 10: Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times?

Discus and support Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I've been having extremely slow boot times off my computer after the April / May 2020 Windows Updates. I timed it earlier just now and it took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shadowkillerdragon, May 18, 2020.

1. Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times?

Recently I've been having extremely slow boot times off my computer after the April / May 2020 Windows Updates. I timed it earlier just now and it took 2.5 minutes to boot to the log in screen.

I did a reformat and reinstall because I was running into other problems with my previous install. I believe the build of the installer USB was 01/2020 and when I did a few restarts with that it booted as expected with in 15-20 seconds. After going through windows updates though it changed the boot time to over 2 minutes basically back to how it was prior to the reinstall. I run a older 256 crucial m4 SSD. I'm not really sure how to go about addressing the issue, some things I saw googling was to completely uninstall some windows updates.

Just wanted to see if anyone else ran into the same issue and had a solution

submitted by /u/shadowkillerdragon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shadowkillerdragon, May 18, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 18, 2020
  3. Jborg Win User
    Samsung 840 EVO Issues - slow boot time

Hey guys....

Recently been having some trouble with my SSD. I updated all MB drivers I could think of... Checked BIOS version.... Everything seems to be updated.

It seems I may be a victim of the Samsung 840 EVO degrading issue I am reading about.

My main issue is that Windows 7 takes about 30 -45 seconds to boot up.... This count is right when the Windows 7 logo stops loading and its in between the Log in screen/ Windows boot....

Originally it was about a 10 seconds start up time....

Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times? Capture.jpg

Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times? SSD.jpg

Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times? Capture033.jpg

Now really the only thing I have not done is reinstall windows....

But since I have ran into this issue, I have decided to buy another SSD, however I am unsure about Samsung now..... However I am reading really good things about the 850 Pro.... But open to other options if they are fast.... Looking for a 250g for around 150$ price range if anybody has any suggestions... I picked up a Kingston Fury X but I think im going to return it....

Jborg, May 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times?

Windows 10 Boot times issue

The two are linked as you've observed and as I mentioned.

What puzzles me is the change after the power outage, which would suggest some form of corruption, which does not seem the case.

The other thing that can cause slow boot times are certain updates. For example this update:
    KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - September 13 - Page 9 - Windows 10 Forums

So I'm now wondering if the change in boot time is actually unrelated to your power outage. Using WPR as @zinou suggests is then the next step.

dalchina, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times?

1. Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times? - Similar Threads - Anyone having issues

2. Having issues with a recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with a recent update.: Recently updated my PC now having issues with some games booting but crashing right away, others having major audio issues, and some running fine. I am also having issues with video play back. I have installed old drivers for gpu but it the issues are still occurring. I have...
  3. Anyone having an Issue with Dolby Atmos after the recent Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone having an Issue with Dolby Atmos after the recent Windows 10 Update?: My copy of Dolby Atmos for headphones "was" working before the most recent Windows 10 update, but now, it won't run at all. It hangs up on the Dolby Atmos startup screen, and the task manager shows it as suspended. I tried several times to uninstal the update, but it keeps...
  4. Anyone having an Issue with Dolby Atmos after the recent Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone having an Issue with Dolby Atmos after the recent Windows 10 Update?: My copy of Dolby Atmos for headphones "was" working before the most recent Windows 10 update, but now, it won't run at all. It hangs up on the Dolby Atmos startup screen, and the task manager shows it as suspended. I tried several times to uninstal the update, but it keeps...
  5. Anyone having an Issue with Dolby Atmos after the recent Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. anyone else have a boot problem after recent windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    anyone else have a boot problem after recent windows 10 update?: I updated windows 10 a few days ago with the update and shut down and ever since my computer powers on but dosnt display or turn on my mouse or keyboard the LED's come on when normal boot. I reseated my GPU and ram thinking that is causing the problem but its still doing...
  7. Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10: Hi,I read in many articles about the benefits of DISABLING the "Fast-Startup" feature in Windows 10 , so I tried it once.As expected the startup slowed down a lot......... I was not pleased with the slow boot timings so after two days, I ENABLED it back again........... but...
  8. Slow down time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow down time?: hello. i want to slow my windows time by 1/2 or something like that, this code had to work but using System; using System.Threading; namespace ConsoleApp3 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { string strCmdText; Console.WriteLine("Set hour"); int hour =...
  9. Is it me or as anyone else having slow boot times?

Is it me or as anyone else having slow boot times?: I’ve fully updated windows 10, and I have noticed my computer has significantly slower boot times. Is anyone else experiencing this sort of issue? Edit: does anyone know why? submitted by /u/IAmNotABotFromRussia [link] [comments]...
  10. Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down?

Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down?: It just says "Shutting down" and the dots spin forever. Only way to shut it down is the power button. submitted by /u/transfo47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoy1zu/anyone_recently_having_issues_with_their_w10/