Windows 10: anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player

Discus and support anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all so this is a not clickable link do to safety reason has anyone heard of this software Leawo blu ray software here is not clickable link must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Tonyb Win User

anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player

Hi all so this is a not clickable link do to safety reason has anyone heard of this software Leawo blu ray software here is not clickable link must copy and past, is it any good. www. leawo.com/blu-ray-player/?b as i was looking for a free bdvd player and was wondering has anone used it before ??

:)

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016
  2. FG Miller Win User

How do I play a Blu-Ray movie on Windows 10?

Most Blu Ray drives come with the necessary software. If your disc that came with the drive is missing or will not work in Windows 10 I found Leawo Blu-Ray player ( Best Free Blu-ray Player Software for Windows - Leawo Blu-ray Player ) that is free and works well.

FG Miller, Aug 12, 2016
  3. FG Miller Win User
    FG Miller, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

This review may help:
    Leawo Blu-ray Player Review - Software Review Boffin

Berton, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Tonyb Win User
    Thanks man do you think it is virus or malware free ? i have never heard of this company before but that was one good review, just wondering if anyone here has used it and if it is indeed malware and virus free.

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    One never truly knows if a download is clean until it is tried. Some download sites like/have been known to include additional features so I keep my antivirus up to date and run Malwarebytes to check files. I try to use MajorGeeks.Com - MajorGeeks, haven't gotten any problems yet.

Berton, Aug 12, 2016
  7. Tonyb Win User
    maybe it on majorgeeks *Smile

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

I've been using Leawo Player for awhile and haven't had any problems. IMHO it's a very good player.

Winuser, Aug 12, 2016
  9. Tonyb Win User
    awesome thanks for the input *Smile since my nero software no longer works on windows 10 i have lost the ability to play bdvd now i will be able too *Smile

Tonyb, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Tonyb Win User
    ugh i tried to install Leawo and malwarebytes and norton blocks it from installing. did i d-load it from the safe site www.leawo.com/blu-ray-player/?b

Tonyb, Aug 13, 2016
  11. Hi:

I am not familiar with the software in question, but if both MBAM and Norton flag it, that would be suspicious.
    It could be that they are hitting on bundled PUPs, wrappers or other crap, not the executable itself.

You can upload the executable to virustotal, jotti or a similar service.
    And, if you think the MBAM detection might be false positive, you may wish to submit the requested information (zipped executable & a virustotal or similar analysis link) to the MBAM file detections F/P forum HERE.
    The Research Team will review the data to determine if it is or is not a F/P.

MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 13, 2016
  12. Tonyb Win User
    Virustotal scan says its ok , so i guess its a good file i wonder if norton and mbam are hitting it as a false positive because its from china and all the hacking that has been going on with them lately?

Tonyb, Aug 13, 2016
  13. anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player

Hi:

The site itself might be clean, but the installer file might not be.
    No, MBAM does not block domains or sites just because they are in China.
    If MBAM is blocking a website URL or domain or IP, it's for a reason.

I'm not sure I'm clear - what is MBAM blocking? What type of notification do you get?

• The company/download site (if so, you would get an IP block notice and would be unable to access the page)?
    • Something malicious on that website, such as malvertising (in which case, the web page will load, but you will get an IP block notice while on the page)?
    • Or the setup file itself (in which case MBAM will block running of the executable)?

It would help if you could please ATTACH as a *.txt file (not a *.xml file) the relevant MBAM PROTECTION log here to your next reply (let us know if you need help locating and exporting the log).

Otherwise, I suggest filing a F/P report at the MBAM F/P forum and perhaps with Norton.
    Since BOTH applications flag this, it seems unlikely to be a F/P, but it's possible.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 13, 2016
  14. Tonyb Win User
    it seams that they are now not blocking the file i have d-loaded it again and now the d-load completes before it blocked the d-load but now it seem its ok very strange.

Tonyb, Aug 13, 2016
  15. Winuser Win User
    There's nothing wrong with Leawo Blu-Ray Player. I have been using it on more than one computer for some time now. There are such things as false positives. Now if it was downloaded from a third party site it maybe infected. I download from here. Best Free Blu-ray Player Software for Windows - Leawo Free Blu-ray Player

Winuser, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

1. anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player - Similar Threads - anyone heard blu

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Non-Windows store Blu-Ray Player software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-Windows store Blu-Ray Player software: I have tried every free app in the windows store 4 playing blu-rays & they have all sucked donkey dick does anybody know any (free) software 4 playing blu-rays that R compatible with windows 10 that I can download off Chrome? Much thx in advance submitted by...
  5. Looking for the best Blu-ray player software for windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for the best Blu-ray player software for windows 10: What’s the best paid and best free software for playing Blu-ray? Do any of them upscale to 4k like some of the higher-end actual blu-ray players? submitted by /u/blaaaahhhhh [link] [comments]...
  6. Blu Ray Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray Software: My DVD/CD player/recorder is acting up so decided to get a new one for my pc. Price for an 'ordinary' one 48x DVD/CD Write/Re write etc etc is 17.99. But if I want a blu ray one its 79.99 cheapest. But when I read the reviews, that buyers are annoyed because they have to buy...
  7. Blu-ray disk player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blu-ray disk player: What is the purpose of connecting a Blu-ray disk player to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disk-player/92b29721-7839-41b0-943a-d51020da0a02
  8. Blu ray player not working

Blu ray player not working: Recently reset my laptop, I now cant play DVD's or Blu Ray discs on my computer, tried searching for drivers but with no success. Does anyone have a resolution for this????? TIA...
  9. Blu-ray player and windows media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blu-ray player and windows media player: I recently bought a blu ray player with a usb connector so I could play videos through my laptop as well. The file types say they are all Windows Media Player, however when I load up the video Windows Media Player gives me an error that says the windows media player might not...
  10. Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software: Does anyone know if ther3e is any Microsoft software that will run a Blu-ray disk? My computer will run regular DVD's but not the Blu-ray disks. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...