Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th?

Discus and support Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? I would like to know what build number is used on that system before you connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Jul 24, 2015.

1. groze Win User

I would like to know what build number is used on that system before you connect to the internet for an update. I also wonder if each oem manufacture will have different builds. I am just curious.

:)

groze, Jul 24, 2015
  2. Kakuno---01 Win User

Planning on buying an Asha phone? DON'T!

So, what are going to be the new cheap phones? Because there are always cheap phones. Every company has them. Or just everything is going to be "high-end".

Kakuno---01, Jul 24, 2015
  3. nj15 Win User
    Planning on buying an Asha phone? DON'T!

The support for Asha device might be there for a couple of months, but it will likely be more on maintenance mode.

Shifting the focus solely to Windows phone will definitely yield for a more affordable Lumia lineup of smartphones.

4. BunnyJ New Member

If I get a copy I'll get the ISO on a USB Flash drive.. it's the retail copy and you can pre-order it on Amazon. It's going to be shipped on Aug 31st.

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  5. alphanumeric New Member
    No definite plans to buy a new PC. I've been thinking I'd like to have a Windows tablet and or a Windows phone. The phone will likely happen first. We don't own a smart phone, we don't own a cell phone period. It will be while before I buy either device so that's not going to help you. After the 29th walk into a retailer and run winver etc and see what's up.

alphanumeric, Jul 24, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    No.

Boozad, Jul 25, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    They were asking about buying a OEM computer with Windows 10 preinstalled. I wish I could but I'll have to wait awhile. My wife would not be very happy if I did.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I would build my own and get a retail copy of W10. At this point I would never buy and OEM PC again since I can build my own. More fun and I get the parts I want.

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    Still not what was asked.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    Nope. 10 runs just fine on Pentium 4 3.0 chips, along with Intel Core2 Duo. If the computer runs 7 or 8 just fine. No need to go out and buy a new computer, unless it is starting to show signs of failing components.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    If I had the cash I might! *Wink

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
  12. bro67 Win User
    You do realize that at this time frame, the only ones going out and buying new laptops or desktops. Are those who have started to see signs of failing motherboards.

My mother in law just replaced her 6 year old Dell Inspiron 537s with a brand new Lenovo Small Form Factor, that uses the same chipset that is in my laptop (AMD E1). It is a lot quieter unit, since it uses the same type of power adapter as laptops use.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  13. bro67 Win User

I have the cash. I just do not see a need, since none of our laptops are dying. Once they do go, they are getting replaced with Macbooks.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  14. Winuser Win User
    Getting back on topic. If I did buy a OEM computer with Windows 10 pre-installed I would gladly let you know what the build version was before I did any updates/upgrades. I would like to know myself.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    Of course, you could just go to your local retailer and take a boo inside a few shelf models.

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? - Similar Threads - Anyone here planning

2. OEM windows 10 Pro fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows 10 Pro fail: Hello, I bought a refurbished computer with OEM window 10 Pro before. Now the Windows system fails to start. I want to reinstall the Windows. But I have not Windows install or recovery CD and I did not create a recovery disk. The computer has out off warranty. I only have...
  3. Computer Lagging after Windows 10 Update August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228)

Computer Lagging after Windows 10 Update August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228): Hello. After this update, my computer sometimes lagging. When using a browser or playing games. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/computer-lagging-after-windows-10-update-august-14/ad86c4a3-0154-460d-9286-7e41bf70cd1a
  4. computer hangs or locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer hangs or locks up: evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can...
  5. How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer

How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer: How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer from back up file on hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-can-i-transfer-windows-7-to-new-computer/97d8f664-620b-45b0-93a7-c7f3e489fac6
  6. Cannot connect any computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect any computers: Ref. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/pc-to-pc-network-credentials/910a8184-739d-48ae-bf68-40e8e1dbe22b I still cannot connect to my other computers running the same domain on Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228] Does not...
  7. Computer hacked **!!***!!***!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer hacked **!!***!!***!!: My HP Desktop computer with Windows 10 Digital Signature has been hacked. There is also a domain network associated with my changed network administrative permissions. I've tried unsuccessfully to perform a complete reset. I have, however, in bits and pieces, been able to...
  8. Can I connect external drives to new computer with windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I connect external drives to new computer with windows 10: I am new to Windows 10 (64bit) and need your guidance. I got some external drives (USB 2) two of them needed installation with CD which I got and one can be connected directly. I have been using them on Windows Vista without any problem. As my important data is saved on...
  9. Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - 2 computers - login fails on one: I tried to set up 2 computers with Microsoft Account for the first time. I (probably stupidly) had them side by side and entered the exact same password and password hint on both. Note that at that point I had not created any flash drive recovery. I then restarted both...
  10. My computer internet speed is not downloading and uploading as fast as the plan I pay...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer internet speed is not downloading and uploading as fast as the plan I pay...: I have a Dell Latitude Laptop, running Windows 10, and for some reason, the internet plan I pay for, with download of 400Mbps and upload of 20Mbps is performing at "half" of that, at best. Sometimes only one-quarter of that speed. I have called Spectrum, and they are in...