Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th?

Discus and support Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? I would like to know what build number is used on that system before you connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Jul 25, 2015.

1. groze Win User

I would like to know what build number is used on that system before you connect to the internet for an update. I also wonder if each oem manufacture will have different builds. I am just curious.

:)

groze, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Kakuno---01 Win User

Planning on buying an Asha phone? DON'T!

So, what are going to be the new cheap phones? Because there are always cheap phones. Every company has them. Or just everything is going to be "high-end".

Kakuno---01, Jul 25, 2015
  3. nj15 Win User
    Planning on buying an Asha phone? DON'T!

The support for Asha device might be there for a couple of months, but it will likely be more on maintenance mode.

Shifting the focus solely to Windows phone will definitely yield for a more affordable Lumia lineup of smartphones.

4. BunnyJ New Member

If I get a copy I'll get the ISO on a USB Flash drive.. it's the retail copy and you can pre-order it on Amazon. It's going to be shipped on Aug 31st.

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  5. alphanumeric New Member
    No definite plans to buy a new PC. I've been thinking I'd like to have a Windows tablet and or a Windows phone. The phone will likely happen first. We don't own a smart phone, we don't own a cell phone period. It will be while before I buy either device so that's not going to help you. After the 29th walk into a retailer and run winver etc and see what's up.

alphanumeric, Jul 25, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    No.

Boozad, Jul 25, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    They were asking about buying a OEM computer with Windows 10 preinstalled. I wish I could but I'll have to wait awhile. My wife would not be very happy if I did.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I would build my own and get a retail copy of W10. At this point I would never buy and OEM PC again since I can build my own. More fun and I get the parts I want.

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    Still not what was asked.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    Nope. 10 runs just fine on Pentium 4 3.0 chips, along with Intel Core2 Duo. If the computer runs 7 or 8 just fine. No need to go out and buy a new computer, unless it is starting to show signs of failing components.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    If I had the cash I might! *Wink

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
  12. bro67 Win User
    You do realize that at this time frame, the only ones going out and buying new laptops or desktops. Are those who have started to see signs of failing motherboards.

My mother in law just replaced her 6 year old Dell Inspiron 537s with a brand new Lenovo Small Form Factor, that uses the same chipset that is in my laptop (AMD E1). It is a lot quieter unit, since it uses the same type of power adapter as laptops use.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  13. bro67 Win User

I have the cash. I just do not see a need, since none of our laptops are dying. Once they do go, they are getting replaced with Macbooks.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  14. Winuser Win User
    Getting back on topic. If I did buy a OEM computer with Windows 10 pre-installed I would gladly let you know what the build version was before I did any updates/upgrades. I would like to know myself.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    Of course, you could just go to your local retailer and take a boo inside a few shelf models.

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? - Similar Threads - Anyone here planning

1. Anyone here playing GTA V on a GTX 970M?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone here playing GTA V on a GTX 970M?: Hey everyone, I bought a new laptop last week (Clevo P650SE) with the GTX 970M and i'm trying to find the best graphics settings to use with GTA V. At the moment the edges of objects are looking a bit jaggy, but if i turn up the anti-aliasing slightly then the lag becomes...
  2. Anyone else here use Crucial Brand SSD's?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else here use Crucial Brand SSD's?: I'm asking since I have noticed that when I boot up I will get the Event ID 10 error with the following. A TCG Command has returned an error. Desc: AuthenticateSession Param1: 0x1 Param2: 0x60000001C Param3: 0x900000006 Param4: 0x0 Status: 0x12 I did get...
  3. Anyone here know how to use Microsoft Volume Licensing page?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone here know how to use Microsoft Volume Licensing page?: I bought 6 Microsoft Office Licenses. I put them in the Microsoft Office Volume Licensing page, however most options such as Licenses, Downloads and Key, etc are disabled, I don't know why, I already input the Authorization Number and License Key into the Volume Licensing...
  4. Logitech K400 PLUS: anyone here get it to WORK?

in Windows 10 Support
    Logitech K400 PLUS: anyone here get it to WORK?: k400 plus.... meh. I have the older K400 - strange keyboard layout but it works every time on every chunk of hardware & software I've thrown it at, with no manual intervention whatsoever - no stick-handling of drivers, pairing, whatever. it just works every time. K400 Plus...
  5. Has anyone else here thought about installing 7 or 8.1 over Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone else here thought about installing 7 or 8.1 over Windows 10: I'm asking cause since with all of the updates and the fact that 10 just keeps either forcing or causing peoples machines to not work functionally anymore, it just make me wonder if I should just buy a Windows 7 key to avoid these issues. I mean Microsoft just doesn't seem...
  6. Anyone here stuck at 9926 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone here stuck at 9926 ?: Like my eM350? What did you do to upgrade to the newer builds? 6172
  7. Anyone here using dell inspiron 2020 came with W7 & is running w10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone here using dell inspiron 2020 came with W7 & is running w10?: Anyone here using dell inspiron 2020 that came with W7 & is running w10? Did you convert your drive to Guid Partition table (GPT), turn on secure boot and then install windows? If yes, did you have any problem with dell or other drivers with secure boot enabled? I...
Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? solved