Windows 10: Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th?

Discus and support Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? I would like to know what build number is used on that system before you connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Jul 24, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th?

I would like to know what build number is used on that system before you connect to the internet for an update. I also wonder if each oem manufacture will have different builds. I am just curious.

:)

groze, Jul 24, 2015

2. Planning on buying an Asha phone? DON'T!

So, what are going to be the new cheap phones? Because there are always cheap phones. Every company has them. Or just everything is going to be "high-end".

Kakuno---01, Jul 24, 2015
  3. nj15 Win User
    Planning on buying an Asha phone? DON'T!

The support for Asha device might be there for a couple of months, but it will likely be more on maintenance mode.

Shifting the focus solely to Windows phone will definitely yield for a more affordable Lumia lineup of smartphones.

4. BunnyJ New Member

If I get a copy I'll get the ISO on a USB Flash drive.. it's the retail copy and you can pre-order it on Amazon. It's going to be shipped on Aug 31st.

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  5. No definite plans to buy a new PC. I've been thinking I'd like to have a Windows tablet and or a Windows phone. The phone will likely happen first. We don't own a smart phone, we don't own a cell phone period. It will be while before I buy either device so that's not going to help you. After the 29th walk into a retailer and run winver etc and see what's up.

alphanumeric, Jul 24, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    No.

Boozad, Jul 25, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    They were asking about buying a OEM computer with Windows 10 preinstalled. I wish I could but I'll have to wait awhile. My wife would not be very happy if I did.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I would build my own and get a retail copy of W10. At this point I would never buy and OEM PC again since I can build my own. More fun and I get the parts I want.

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    Still not what was asked.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    Nope. 10 runs just fine on Pentium 4 3.0 chips, along with Intel Core2 Duo. If the computer runs 7 or 8 just fine. No need to go out and buy a new computer, unless it is starting to show signs of failing components.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    If I had the cash I might! *Wink

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
  12. bro67 Win User
    You do realize that at this time frame, the only ones going out and buying new laptops or desktops. Are those who have started to see signs of failing motherboards.

My mother in law just replaced her 6 year old Dell Inspiron 537s with a brand new Lenovo Small Form Factor, that uses the same chipset that is in my laptop (AMD E1). It is a lot quieter unit, since it uses the same type of power adapter as laptops use.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  13. bro67 Win User

I have the cash. I just do not see a need, since none of our laptops are dying. Once they do go, they are getting replaced with Macbooks.

bro67, Jul 25, 2015
  14. Winuser Win User
    Getting back on topic. If I did buy a OEM computer with Windows 10 pre-installed I would gladly let you know what the build version was before I did any updates/upgrades. I would like to know myself.

Winuser, Jul 25, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    Of course, you could just go to your local retailer and take a boo inside a few shelf models.

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone here planning on buying an oem w10 computer on July 29th? - Similar Threads - Anyone here planning

2. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023: I did not purchase Publisher. I never sent that request for the product and it says it has been redeemed. How can I refund this purchase and get my money back? I am a college student who needs every last cent.Order number 9531093973I also obtained spam emails on the email...
  3. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023: I did not purchase Publisher. I never sent that request for the product and it says it has been redeemed. How can I refund this purchase and get my money back? I am a college student who needs every last cent.Order number 9531093973I also obtained spam emails on the email...
  4. Is ANYONE on here a Computer HACKING EXPERT??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is ANYONE on here a Computer HACKING EXPERT??: I am having a Major Hacking Problem, I've got a Good Anti-Virus and Firewall Program Installed and someone in the World is Hacking several "Files" into My Computer Over and Over and Over again each time I am on my Century Link Network in Denver, Colorado and I've changed my...
  5. July 29th not June 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    July 29th not June 29th: I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my W8.1 over! This is how I...
  6. Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July: Hello, I have a question : after the free upgrade period expires, how do I reinstall Windows 10 if I have it installed now? For instance, I want to reinstall it to do a Clean Up of my computer, or I am upgrading/migrating to another system (hardware) etc. 57651
  7. Hardware change after 29th July

Hardware change after 29th July: Hi all I wonder what will happen if a major component like a motherboard is changed after 29th July, will Microsoft accept it or will we have to buy a key. Many people have got away with hardware changes on OEM licenses in the past with earlier versions of Windows. 57641
  8. July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?

July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?: Hello everyone, Sorry if this question is stupid. But if I upgrade today will it still be free? According to some websites the price goes up on the 30th, but microsoft itself seems to state very strongly that the price goes up on the 29th. If I update now will I have to...
  9. Windows 10 Install after the 29th July

Windows 10 Install after the 29th July: Hi, As long as you follow the steps on the enclosed link will to get the ticket will this work for a free upgrade after the 29th July ? Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums Thanks, 54270
  10. Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends: Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends When Windows 10 was released to consumers in July of 2015, it was free for all Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users — for one year. This was a new tactic for Microsoft. Instead of having consumers pay for...