Windows 10: Anyone know a consistent way to be able to use mouse and keyboard to control Android phones...

Discus and support Anyone know a consistent way to be able to use mouse and keyboard to control Android phones... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First and foremost, I'm not sure if this is the best subreddit to post this in. If there's a better one please let me know I've dug through forum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LittleMissRose64, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Anyone know a consistent way to be able to use mouse and keyboard to control Android phones...

First and foremost, I'm not sure if this is the best subreddit to post this in. If there's a better one please let me know

I've dug through forum posts and found out this: Windows has a hard time recognizing Android phones. Sometimes all that's needed is an update or restart. Sometimes devices just don't have Miracast capabilities (which mine do). What you should be able to do is check a box that appears when your device shows up while connecting trough the action center. The box says something along the lines of "allow keyboard and mouse" ect, and is referred to in a notification when using connect for the first time as "Allow inputs" (The message says "To enable input, go to your PC and select Action Center > Connect > select the Allow input box"). The main issue (at least for me) is that Android devices don't like to appear.

Here's what I've tried: Restarting devices, connecting to my laptop through my phone (i.e. tapping on "connect to laptop" instead of clicking "connect to phone") which works just fine (but doesn't provide opportunity for the box to appear) and even shows "Galaxy a10e" when doing so. Pairing via Bluetooth, which usually doesn't find my android, but when it does or I tap "connect to laptop" shows up as "unrecognized device" and on my phone, "unable to connect". Although when clicking on "find other types of devices" under connect, my phone is listed as paired.

What makes me think I may not have an input issue, rather a visual issue or something similar is that some inputs are responsive. Typing on my keyboard during Connect pulls up google on my phone and I can type in the search bar. the wheel tilt buttons on my wireless mouse brings up google like I said "hey google". My track pad, other mouse buttons (like side buttons and middle click), and touch screen all do not interact with my phone screen though. So I really do not understand what's going on lol

TL;DR: Computer can't find phone, phone can find computer. Computer seems to recognize phone maybe? During smart view/connect only keyboard and tilt click (on mouse wheel) seem to do anything and I don't 100% know what my issue is

submitted by /u/LittleMissRose64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LittleMissRose64, Sep 11, 2020

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 11, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Teamviewer Quick Support for android phones/tablets

I wonder how many are aware of Teamviewer Quick Support that allows certain supported models of android/mobile phone to be FULLY remote controlled from a PC or even another phone/tablet.

Supported phones (newer models mostly) are

• Samsung
    • Motorola
    • LG
    • Sony
    • Acer
    • Asus (for business customers)
    • Lenovo
    • HTC
    • Huawei
    • ZTE
      -----
    Nice thing is you can use pc keyboard to type text messages.

cereberus, Sep 11, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Anyone know a consistent way to be able to use mouse and keyboard to control Android phones...

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Anyone know a consistent way to be able to use mouse and keyboard to control Android phones...

1. Anyone know a consistent way to be able to use mouse and keyboard to control Android phones... - Similar Threads - Anyone consistent able

2. Does anyone know how to make the keyboard and the mouse start working again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to make the keyboard and the mouse start working again?: Hi , when I turn on my PC , the keyboard and the mouse doesn't work and it's making a bloop sound once and I can't type or do anything on the lockscreen and in desktop , someone had this problem and solved it? I don't know what to do...
  3. Does anyone know how to make the keyboard and the mouse start working again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to make the keyboard and the mouse start working again?: Hi , when I turn on my PC , the keyboard and the mouse doesn't work and it's making a bloop sound once and I can't type or do anything on the lockscreen and in desktop , someone had this problem and solved it? I don't know what to do...
  4. Loss of mouse and keyboard control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of mouse and keyboard control: Why don't you just fix the Windows 10 and edge problem of losing mouse and keyboard control in an update, and stop advising people to try to fix it themselves with all that command prompt horse ****?...
  5. anyone know a way to use rsysnc on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone know a way to use rsysnc on windows?: i am trying to set up a way to sync some of my files to all my deivces and windows seasm to be the only one cant find a way to use it on submitted by /u/nool_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mljd6q/anyone_know_a_way_to_use_rsysnc_on_windows/
  6. USB ports not detecting Controllers and Android Phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports not detecting Controllers and Android Phone: Good afternoon and Merry Christmas ! I've just built my very own PC a few days ago and everything seem to be working just fine except for a few parts. I wanted to plug in my switch pro controller to the computer but nothing happened : The PC didn't make the famous sound...
  7. How to control android phone with my computer mouse through bluetooth

How to control android phone with my computer mouse through bluetooth: A few days ago, I stumbled upon some way of controlling my phone with my computer mouse. I hadn't downloaded any external apps. I believe it was with Phone Companion, but I can't seem to find the feature now. submitted by /u/nanaboostme [link] [comments]...
  8. Anyone know how to get the music control in the phone app? Or is it not available yet?

Anyone know how to get the music control in the phone app? Or is it not available yet?: https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/29/21241481/microsoft-your-phone-music-control-app-update-feature submitted by /u/alonso64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwgbed/anyone_know_how_to_get_the_music_control_in_the/
  9. Anyone using a Swiftpoint mouse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyone using a Swiftpoint mouse?: Other than me, anyone else using a Switftpoint mouse? Swiftpoint | Computer Mice to Work & Play Different 35270
  10. Anyone know a way to restart Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know a way to restart Cortana?: Anyone know a way to restart Cortana? I've tried to end task, turning off/on, trying to relearn voice and she doesn't speak. This happens every time after locking the pc or turning off my tv display and logging back in. 8206