Windows 10: Anyone know how to create WinRE media with WiFi support?

Discus and support Anyone know how to create WinRE media with WiFi support? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm looking for a way to create WinRE bootable media that includes WiFi support. I know that there are third party tools to do this but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hsehestedt, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Anyone know how to create WinRE media with WiFi support?

I'm looking for a way to create WinRE bootable media that includes WiFi support. I know that there are third party tools to do this but I'm specifically looking for a way to accomplish this using Microsoft only tools.

Thanks!

:)

hsehestedt, Oct 27, 2019
  2. tfwul Win User

Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers?

Laptop install: I am installing Windows 10x 64 using USB created by the latest media creation tool.
    All goes fine upto the point where it says 'Let's connect you to a network'.
    Nothing shows up, even not after a couple of minutes.

The laptop is just 1m away from my modem and the WiFi signal is very strong, I know.

Now, yesterday, after unpacking the laptop, WiFi worked.

I decided to just start with a clean system.
    Formatted the SSD before starting the setup of Windows.

Device Manager->Network Adapters doe not show anything with WiFi, it shows Bluetooth device (Personal Area Network), Bluetooth (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) and all other are WAN Miniport.

Any suggestions?

(note: when skipping this step, Windows install obviously goes on, but there is simply no way get connected, at least not using WiFi.)

tfwul, Oct 27, 2019
  3. JohnW2 Win User
    WinRE/Recovery partition in W10 system created from MS-supplied media

I am rather confused by a 'heated discussion' I’ve been having in another forum , and wonder if anyone can help clarify matters for me.

Every Windows 10 system I’ve seen (albeit not a vast number) has (unless people have deleted it/them) had at least one ‘recovery’ partition. Whilst many of them will have OEM partition(s), even if they don’t, I’ve always seen at least one, often with a name relating to WinRE (or sometimes just ‘recovery’).

For example, the Lenovo E560 laptop on which I’m writing this has a partition called “WinRE_DRV” (and no other ‘recovery’ or OEM partitions) and examination of its contents (which requires a bit of use of diskpart) shows that it essentially just contains WinRE.

I’ve never undertaken a ‘clean install’ of Win10 myself, but everything I’ve read (e.g. in the tutorial in this forum) seems to indicate that if one installs Win10 from MS-supplied media (e.g. MCT-derived), this will result in creation (and population) of a recovery/WinRE partition.

However, I’m being told by someone who builds Win10 systems using MCT-derived MS media that he has never experienced such partitions being created. He denies ‘doing anything’ to stop the partition being created, and is suggesting that ‘this simply does not happen’ when one installs Win10 with MS-supplied media. - and is telling me that “I should not believe everything I read on the Internet” (which seems to include this forum#s tutorials!).

I am therefore confused. I can but assume that what this person is saying is correct in terms of his personal experience, but I don’t know how to reconcile those experiences with everything else I am reading. Can anyone clarify what the situation/truth actually is? Thanks.

Kind Regards, John

JohnW2, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Anyone know how to create WinRE media with WiFi support?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Anyone know how to create WinRE media with WiFi support?

1. Anyone know how to create WinRE media with WiFi support? - Similar Threads - Anyone create WinRE

2. Anyone know how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know how to fix this?: I can’t move my mouse or anything. I haven’t called the number since i fear it may be a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-to-fix-this/5a07f264-2560-4cb4-bb7d-6e358e47b412
  3. Anyone knows how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anyone knows how to fix this?: Literally everytime I use my laptop this keeps happening and I can't really do anything without killing the process through Process Hacker 2, though it starts working again so I have to close my other tabs to open process hacker just to kill the process, over and over and...
  4. Anyone know how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to fix this?: [ATTACH] Installed windows again and the sidebar in "This PC" is missing. Not a pc expert so not sure how to fix this. https://preview.redd.it/e0f1umrdl2t61.png?width=1365&format=png&auto=webp&s=7c9e85088914ea9747b9ce1dd4d3be8aff10b3dd submitted by /u/arne2407 [link]...
  5. Anyone know how to fix this?

Anyone know how to fix this?: Since my computer updated to Windows 10 Version 2004 it's been virtually impossible to play games. Constant black screen crashes on multiple games and even basic stuff like watching Youtube. Been looking around for how to fix this but haven't found anything and I'm not...
  6. Anyone know how to fix this?

Anyone know how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Antron_edition [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k39blb/anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  7. Anyone knows how to fix this ?

Anyone knows how to fix this ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GSC1000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hx8x3f/anyone_knows_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Does anyone know how to get to tier 2 support at Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does anyone know how to get to tier 2 support at Microsoft?: I can't believe the run around I've gotten trying to get to a support person who can actually resolve my problem. I have the same people doing the same troubleshooting. I tell them we've already done that, the next level one support person does it anyways and then tells me to...
  9. Does anyone know how to report horrible customer support to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone know how to report horrible customer support to Microsoft?: Beside not having my problem fixed, I have been given a promise of a future call back that is obviously false as they didn't even inquire where I might be in the world. This is not even a technical issue (though I still have one), it is an issue of integrity that should be...
  10. Anyone know how to create WinRE media with WiFi support?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know how to create WinRE media with WiFi support?: I'm looking for a way to create WinRE bootable media that includes WiFi support. I know that there are third party tools to do this but I'm specifically looking for a way to accomplish this using Microsoft only tools. Thanks! 143347