Windows 10: Anyone know how to disable this "recent" list under app search in start menu?

Discus and support Anyone know how to disable this "recent" list under app search in start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I disabled like every damn option of recent files that I could find can't seem to turn it off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/r3stor3, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Anyone know how to disable this "recent" list under app search in start menu?

/u/r3stor3, Sep 20, 2020

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Sep 20, 2020
  3. disable the start menu search

Hi Darrell,

If you really don’t use Windows Search much, you can disable indexing completely by turning off the Windows Search service. However, disabling the open file menu is not possible in Windows 10.

To disable the Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start and search for Services.
    • Select Services from the list of results.
    • On the right side of the Services window, find the
      Windows Search
      entry and click it twice.
    • In the Startup type drop-down menu, select the
      Disabled
      option. This will prevent Windows Search from loading the next time you start your computer.
    • Click the Stop button to go ahead and stop the Windows Search service now. When the service has stopped, click on
      Apply button.
    • Click on OK button, and then restart your computer.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Anyone know how to disable this "recent" list under app search in start menu?

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Anyone know how to disable this "recent" list under app search in start menu?

1. Anyone know how to disable this "recent" list under app search in start menu? - Similar Threads - Anyone disable recent

2. Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results: How do I disable this recent list?:... but apparently it makes no difference to the list of recent files found when you enter an app name in the search bar, e.g. type "irfanview", etc....
  3. Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results: How do I disable this recent list?:... but apparently it makes no difference to the list of recent files found when you enter an app name in the search bar, e.g. type "irfanview", etc....
  4. Windows search overlaps app list in Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search overlaps app list in Start menu: Hey everyone, After updating my laptop from Windows version 1909 to 20H2 yesterday, I am facing the exact same problem as discussed and also resolved in this post, Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box - Microsoft Community. I have tried all the four options as...
  5. Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pulagatha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnsn6a/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_search_menu/
  6. How to disable web search in Start Menu?

How to disable web search in Start Menu?: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1909 and I want to disable stupid web search that open useless Edge browser if I type file name wrongly and then I click enter and browser opens how to disable that? submitted by /u/Qiasm [link] [comments]...
  7. Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?

Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?: It's getting kinda annoying having random videos pop up in Start when I'm just trying to find a file on my computer. submitted by /u/DeportThatBeanBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1nofy/does_anyone_know_how_to_disable_web_results_in/
  8. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...
  9. How to disable photo search in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable photo search in the start menu?: Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower left corner, photos also show up in the results along with the program results even when the name of the photo is not what I...
  10. How apps are grouped under the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How apps are grouped under the Start menu: Noticed in Windows 10 that when I install different products from the same developer they all end up under the "root" developer folder rather than in sub-groups lacking a better word for it but hope you still understand what I mean. I have lots of airport scenery products...