Windows 10: anyone know how to enable momentum/inertia in windows 10 precision touchpad?

Discus and support anyone know how to enable momentum/inertia in windows 10 precision touchpad? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my poor fingertip needs that... submitted by /u/orangpelupa [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/orangpelupa, May 28, 2021.

1. anyone know how to enable momentum/inertia in windows 10 precision touchpad?

/u/orangpelupa, May 28, 2021
  2. B. Hurd Win User

Microsoft Precision Touchpad Registry Tweak to Enable Momentum

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9343 running Windows 10 x64, which uses the generic precision touchpad drivers. I actually really like the touchpad for the most part, but I REALLY miss momentum. Does anybody have a solution to tweak registry settings (possibly in
    location located below) that would enable this feature. I do NOT want to use synaptics drivers, so please do not respond if that is your solution. THANKS.

Possible registry location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad

I've tried adding MomentumEnable and Momentum_Enable as dword with value "1" but this had no effect.

THANKS

B. Hurd, May 28, 2021
  3. Rupert_W Win User
    Is there any way to enable cursor momentum when using the Microsoft Precision Touchpad driver? Registry key perhaps?

Hello.

I have a new machine with an Alps touchpad. After using Synaptics for years, this is a major retrograde step and is driving me mad.

I have the option to use the Windows Precision drivers instead, which are marginally better, but still woeful in comparison to the functionality available in the Synaptics driver.

One thing I particularly miss is cursor momentum, which allows you to move the cursor large distances across the screen with a small flick. The cursor has momentum and so continues to move till you tap to stop it - much like momentum scrolling.

In practical terms what this means is that you can set the cursor speed fairly low to aid precision when selecting, but still be able to move it quickly from one area of the screen to another.

This feature, along with edge scrolling are sorely missed in both the Alps and Microsoft Precision driver, so I'm keen to know if there is any way of enabling it?

So many things are possible by creating registry keys, so I'm hoping this is too.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Rupert_W, May 28, 2021
  4. Thanatica Win User

anyone know how to enable momentum/inertia in windows 10 precision touchpad?

Touchpad cursor inertia

Just to be absolutely clear: this question is NOT about scroll inertia.

I'd like to know how I can enable inertia on the movement of the cursor. So I can flick the cursor into a direction and it keeps on going for a bit. One of my previous laptops had this; I think it came as a feature in the Synaptics drivers, but that was
    on Windows 7 which didn't have immersive settings for touchpads.

So now that we have Windows 10 (and still a Synaptics touchpad), how can get to this feature?

And before you ask: which make & model laptop I have should be irrelevant. I want everyone to have the option to enable or disable this.

With such fine-grained control over 3/4-finger gestures, something mundane as cursor inertia surely exists, too, right? If not, then consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, May 28, 2021
Thema:

anyone know how to enable momentum/inertia in windows 10 precision touchpad?

1. anyone know how to enable momentum/inertia in windows 10 precision touchpad? - Similar Threads - anyone enable momentum

2. Anyone know how to adjust scroll sensitivity more precisely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to adjust scroll sensitivity more precisely?: I've tried in settings but 2/100 is too low and 3/100 is too high. So I'm stuck looking for a more precise way to adjust scroll sensitivity. I need it for a boring repetitive task where I have to scroll click, scroll click, scroll click, etc.. You get the idea and I would...
  3. Windows 10 Precision Touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Precision Touchpad issues: Hello, I recently bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I am facing two issues with the touchpad: When I use the touchpad in Word for example, when I click put the insertion point somewhere on the text and then immediately click somewhere else on the text and continue...
  4. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  5. Precision touchpad not working.

Precision touchpad not working.: After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's the issue. After...
  6. customize touchpad without precision touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    customize touchpad without precision touchpad: I'm used to certain gestures when it comes to using my touchpad. Most importantly: - two finger tap = ctrl+click (so opens link in new tab with 1 click) - three finger tap = right mouse click - two finger swipe left = page back I bought a new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad L340...
  7. Precision touchpad not working

Precision touchpad not working: I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures. The precision...
  8. Momentum on a new computer touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Momentum on a new computer touchpad: I purchased a new computer HP 745 G5 and I like it except for the lack of Momentum feature on the touchpad that I had on my previous machine. I want to get this feature back is it possible?...
  9. How to enable momentum in hp-745-g5 Touchpad

How to enable momentum in hp-745-g5 Touchpad: Hi, I have on all my previous HP machines had Synaptics touchpad and I have had Momentum activated, and I love it, and miss it extremely much on this new otherwise fine machine I have at work. My old work machine (6.5 years) had support for it. I have googled and tried...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 touchpat momentum