Windows 10: Anyone know how to go about setting up key commands to change resolution/hz?

Discus and support Anyone know how to go about setting up key commands to change resolution/hz? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My monitor is 3440x144@144hz and this causes problems when I stream to 16:9 tvs, so every time I have to change the desktop to 2560x1440@60 . Would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Roseysdaddy, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Anyone know how to go about setting up key commands to change resolution/hz?

My monitor is 3440x144@144hz and this causes problems when I stream to 16:9 tvs, so every time I have to change the desktop to 2560x1440@60 . Would be awesome if there was a way to do this with a keyboard command.

submitted by /u/Roseysdaddy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Roseysdaddy, Feb 4, 2021

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 4, 2021
  3. David.P. Win User
    Change the Resolution setting on the moniter

Hello, to change your screen resolution, please follow these steps:

1) Open Start, select Settings then select System and then select Display. Alternatively, you can right click the background on your desktop, and select Display Settings.

2) Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."

3) If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."

Source:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402695...

Please let me know if this solves your problem, or you need additional steps.

David.P., Feb 4, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Anyone know how to go about setting up key commands to change resolution/hz?

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Anyone know how to go about setting up key commands to change resolution/hz?

1. Anyone know how to go about setting up key commands to change resolution/hz? - Similar Threads - Anyone setting key

2. Anyone knows about my issues and how to solve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone knows about my issues and how to solve this?: I don't know what this issues name is... I'm using Ideapad gaming 3 15ACH6My screen feels laggy when opening/closing app, scrolling web and playing games, I found these issues after updating to windows 11 22h2.The first thing that happened was my cursor suddenly lag and then...
  3. Anyone knows about my issues and how to solve this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone knows about my issues and how to solve this?: I don't know what this issues name is... I'm using Ideapad gaming 3 15ACH6My screen feels laggy when opening/closing app, scrolling web and playing games, I found these issues after updating to windows 11 22h2.The first thing that happened was my cursor suddenly lag and then...
  4. How to change monitor Hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change monitor Hz: Hi! So I have a monitor with 4K 60Hz, but when I connect my laptop to the monitor with HDMI it switches to 4K 30Hz, I checked my CPU, and it says that it supports 4K 30Hz max, is there a way around to make it support 4K 60Hz? Because I am pretty used to gaming with 60Hz and...
  5. How to change monitor Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change monitor Hz: Hi! So I have a monitor with 4K 60Hz, but when I connect my laptop to the monitor with HDMI it switches to 4K 30Hz, I checked my CPU, and it says that it supports 4K 30Hz max, is there a way around to make it support 4K 60Hz? Because I am pretty used to gaming with 60Hz and...
  6. Anyone know about 000webhost?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anyone know about 000webhost?: I parked my domain But my problem is, why my domain is linked to this 000webhostapp.com subdomain.And when i try to login wordpress dashboard like thisi typed evearts.com/wp-admin it redirect me to evearts2.000webhostapp.com/wp-admin?...
  7. Anyone know how to change scrollbar color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anyone know how to change scrollbar color?: Anyone know how to change scrollbar color other than the camouflage light gray on even lighter gray? I have a elderly client who really has a hard time seeing a light gray scroll bar block on an even lighter gray scrollbar background! (Pretty absurd or original color choice...
  8. Anyone know how to change this setting via script?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to change this setting via script?: [ATTACH] I switch this setting several times a day, and I'm hoping somebody has some insight on how to automate the process a bit. I've been trying to use Regshot to see if I can just make a couple key files, but I haven't yet found a specific key that leads to this....
  9. Anyone know what’s going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what’s going on?: I can’t open a lot of windows apps, lately I’ve tried to open Mail, Calculator, and Photos and they just flash open on my screen for a second and then close. Anyone know what’s going on and how I can fix it? submitted by /u/FallaffleWaffle [link] [comments]...
  10. Does anyone know what this is about?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anyone know what this is about?: Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Application:9WZDNCRD2G0J-Submission:1152921504626905280 This message has appeared in Windows 10 update log for the last few weeks. Haven't been able to track it down. Thanks in advance. 91993