Windows 10: Anyone know of a way to automate, or at least speed up the disconnecting of a third monitor.

Discus and support Anyone know of a way to automate, or at least speed up the disconnecting of a third monitor. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a TV that I'm running as a third monitor to play games/watch shows. Problem is, when the tv is turned off windows still detects it as a monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedHawkCrazed, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Anyone know of a way to automate, or at least speed up the disconnecting of a third monitor.

I have a TV that I'm running as a third monitor to play games/watch shows. Problem is, when the tv is turned off windows still detects it as a monitor which causes all kinds of annoyances. I know that you disconnect a monitor through the display settings but is there a way to do that through a batch file or something similar?

submitted by /u/RedHawkCrazed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedHawkCrazed, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Primary monitor blacks out after disconnecting from external

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue could be due to the display setting corruption that only affected the primary display when disconnected from the secondary.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Press ‘Win + R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the Run dialog box and type the following into the Run box:
      appwiz.cpl
    • Uninstall Intel HD Graphics Drivers and exit
      Programs and Features.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and right click on
      Intel HD Graphics Display Driver.
    • Click on Uninstall and check the box
      Delete the driver software for this device.

• With the external monitor connected, reboot the machine.
    • Once the machine boots into the desktop, disconnect the external monitor and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 9, 2020
  4. rjacdb Win User

Anyone know of a way to automate, or at least speed up the disconnecting of a third monitor.

Is there a way to speed dial WITHOUT having to confirm the call? SPEED DIAL

Is there any way to make a call, speed dial, to any person in your contact list, favorites list, etc. WITHOUT receiving the message "Dial Jane Doe 555-123-4567? CALL-----DON'T CALL"?

I have people that I would like to call just by touching the contact but the phone has me (1) search the contact whether in phone tile or people tile, (2) then I must tap the contact, (3) then I must dial the contact, and (4) I must confirm that this is
    the number I want to call. RIDCULOUS!!

I've downloaded (many) apps that have been suggested by other users but none have the feature. The Nokia Lumia 1020 and Windows phones are great devices but the Simplicity to use is gone in some cases. It's already been suggested to me that I should use
    the "voice dial"; that's not the answer I'm looking for. I'm looking for a Simple, one touch, manual speed dial.

Is there any way to make a call, speed dial, to any person in your contact list, favorites list, etc. WITHOUT receiving the message "Dial Jane Doe 555-123-4567? CALL-----DON'T CALL"?

Thanks for any help

rjacdb, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Anyone know of a way to automate, or at least speed up the disconnecting of a third monitor.

1. Anyone know of a way to automate, or at least speed up the disconnecting of a third monitor. - Similar Threads - Anyone automate least

2. Does anyone know of a way or third party program that gives the ability to expand a toolbar...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know of a way or third party program that gives the ability to expand a toolbar...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/rhdwzhm7tmpa1.png?width=982&format=png&auto=webp&s=d7592d785ea3cf81bbb6de19906dda7f196e632b This is a small annoyance, but being able to expand the toolbar by clicking the name instead of having to click the arrow would be so nice. Is...
  3. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there a way to speed up account recovery?: So, I've been trying to sign into my Microsoft account on my new used windows 10 laptop. But apparently this caused some sort of issue with my account despite logging in at the same IP address. I've got work to do and can't really afford to wait the 30 days microsoft says it...
  4. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to speed up account recovery?: So, I've been trying to sign into my Microsoft account on my new used windows 10 laptop. But apparently this caused some sort of issue with my account despite logging in at the same IP address. I've got work to do and can't really afford to wait the 30 days microsoft says it...
  5. Is there a way to speed up account recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. anyone know a way to use rsysnc on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone know a way to use rsysnc on windows?: i am trying to set up a way to sync some of my files to all my deivces and windows seasm to be the only one cant find a way to use it on submitted by /u/nool_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mljd6q/anyone_know_a_way_to_use_rsysnc_on_windows/
  7. Third Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third Monitor: I have Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.804. Would it be possible to connect a third monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor/91c997fa-cc88-4771-a29d-274116f1d72b
  8. Are there ways to speed up Sudoku?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there ways to speed up Sudoku?: Hi. Sudoku is running very slowly. I noticed it works for a little while right after the add changes, but then it stops working for several seconds. It is very annoying and reduces the time to complete an expert puzzle. Is there anything I can do to make it go faster, as...
  9. Best way to speed up PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to speed up PC?: What’s the best way to speed up a slow PC without using any of the conventional methods, i.e. downloading optimizers, disk cleanup, restore/factory reset, etc.? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Steve 114916
  10. Anyone know a way to restart Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know a way to restart Cortana?: Anyone know a way to restart Cortana? I've tried to end task, turning off/on, trying to relearn voice and she doesn't speak. This happens every time after locking the pc or turning off my tv display and logging back in. 8206