Windows 10: Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed...

Discus and support Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Monado_trap [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Monado_trap, May 25, 2020.

1. Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed...

/u/Monado_trap, May 25, 2020

2. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 25, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 25, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed...

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed...

1. Anyone know to get rid of the top and bottom bars? It was fine until the resolution changed... - Similar Threads - Anyone rid top

2. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?: Does anyone know how to get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-get-rid-of-this-message/c8ca56f8-cf8a-430c-93fe-a36edcaf22d6
  3. Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this message?: Does anyone know how to get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-get-rid-of-this-message/c8ca56f8-cf8a-430c-93fe-a36edcaf22d6
  4. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this?: when i try to use my iphone 13 as an hotspot for my laptop this symbol pops up. my iphone 7 worked as an hotspot perfect. now after using my iphone 13 my iphone 7 has the same problem now. when i connect my laptop to my iphone the connection stops after 1 minute and i cant...
  5. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrAwesome73 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v3fp5d/does_anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_this/
  6. Anyone know how to get rid of Settings header

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know how to get rid of Settings header: Just noticed this big tab in the settings home screen, does anyone know how to disable it, Windows 10 build 662, it's so in your face *Sad [img] 169702
  7. Anyone know how to get rid of this

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know how to get rid of this: Just noticed this big tab in the settings home screen, does anyone know how to disable it, Windows 10 build 662, it's so in your face *Sad [img] 169702
  8. Anyone know how to get rid of this text box?

Anyone know how to get rid of this text box?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/casmar4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izcxt2/anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_this_text_box/
  9. While playing a game, how can I get rid of the bars on top and bottom?

While playing a game, how can I get rid of the bars on top and bottom?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Connerlb05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9x53f/while_playing_a_game_how_can_i_get_rid_of_the/
  10. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of favorites bar on top: I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen...