Windows 10: Anyone know what "Forcing GE" means in the CBS Log?

Discus and support Anyone know what "Forcing GE" means in the CBS Log? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I checked my CBS log today and it seems every day I am getting hundreds of the below type of entries. It seems to be for all versions of 17763.1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Saltgrass, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Saltgrass Win User

Anyone know what "Forcing GE" means in the CBS Log?

I checked my CBS log today and it seems every day I am getting hundreds of the below type of entries. It seems to be for all versions of 17763.1 and for packages on that version. For all I know, this may have been going on since the 17763 public build release... and seems to cover my Win 10 Pro version and, as you can see, others. This is a very small sample of what I see in the logs.

Thanks for reading.

Info CBS Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-ServerSolutionEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1
    Info CBS Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-ServerStandardACorEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1
    Info CBS Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-ServerStandardCorEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1
    Info CBS Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-ServerStandardEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1
    Info CBS Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-ServerStandardEvalCorEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1
    Info CBS Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-ServerStandardEvalEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1
    Info CBS Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-ServerStandardNanoEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1

:)

Saltgrass, Feb 10, 2019
  2. HWheuer02 Win User

GE Force 6000 bogus error

Note: Please read whole message. If you respond to just the first sentence, you will have missed the problem.

When I run attempted to install Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 (current to all releases) PC, it indicated I had a NVIDIA GE Force 6000. "The display manufacture hasn't made your display compatible with Windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support".
    I bought a new graphics card, installed it. It shows in my device list as a GE Force GT 740 which is a compatible device. I then attempted to install Windows 10 again and got the
    exact same error message.

No such device NVIDIA GEForce 6000 is listed in my device list.

I can find absolutey no reference to this device on my PC or in any documentation on the mother borad or any other system documentation

Question: Why does the Windows 10 installer insist that I have this device installed on my PC.

Windows 8.1 Pro

AMD FX 8150 8 core Processor

16 GB installed RAM

Gigabyte GA-970-DS3 mother board

Device listed under "Display Adapter" in the device list: GEForce GT 740

HWheuer02, Feb 10, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Need help reading CBS log Entrys

Here is another way to obtain your cbs log.......................

Go to File Explorer > click This PC > click open C :drive > open Windows > open Logs > open CBS > cbs log should be at the top of the list. > open it and the log is in Notepad.

davidhk, Feb 10, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

CBS log file translation

As far as I know, Most people don't have the same problem as you do so there must be something wrong with your Windows.
    If you wish, you can try:
    1. Run: chkdsk /r C: ====> this will take a while, /r will scan the disk surface and mark all bad sectors so Windows will avoid using them.
    2. Delete everything under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
    3. Run: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup ===> Clean up all old components store, advisable after every cummulative updates. This will free up disk storage space.
    4. Run: sfc /scannow

The result should look as follows:

Anyone know what "Forcing GE" means in the CBS Log? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Anyone know what "Forcing GE" means in the CBS Log? - Similar Threads - Anyone Forcing means

2. "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?: combing through CBS logs to find another instance of some other event, there's 2 errors back to back at the same time, that say "Public CBS Session Leak Detected", then it lists the Session ID and lists clients FodHelper and SystemSettings attached belowa bit later, Trusted...
  3. "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?: combing through CBS logs to find another instance of some other event, there's 2 errors back to back at the same time, that say "Public CBS Session Leak Detected", then it lists the Session ID and lists clients FodHelper and SystemSettings attached belowa bit later, Trusted...
  4. "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Public CBS Session Leak Detected" in CBS Logs- What Does it Mean?: combing through CBS logs to find another instance of some other event, there's 2 errors back to back at the same time, that say "Public CBS Session Leak Detected", then it lists the Session ID and says this:this was on the 4th of September; since then, even though I wasn't...
  5. Does anyone know what this means?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know what this means?: I don't know much at all about computers, so please forgive my ignorance. My Wi-Fi driver Intel Wireless - AC 9560 keeps failing, but I don't if this has anything to do with that. I pushed the maintenance button and it showed this warning. Will this help with my Wi-Fi Driver?...
  6. Does anyone know what this means?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what this means?: I don't know much at all about computers, so please forgive my ignorance. My Wi-Fi driver Intel Wireless - AC 9560 keeps failing, but I don't if this has anything to do with that. I pushed the maintenance button and it showed this warning. Will this help with my Wi-Fi Driver?...
  7. Anyone knows what this means?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone knows what this means?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/snipe_blaze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khyxjf/anyone_knows_what_this_means/
  8. Anyone know what do these numbers mean?

Anyone know what do these numbers mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CaptOmar98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itrkef/anyone_know_what_do_these_numbers_mean/
  9. Anyone know what all the BSOD's mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what all the BSOD's mean?: Like i'm just wondering, does anyone know what all the different BSOD Codes mean? Thanks! 163049
  10. Does anyone know what this mean's?

Does anyone know what this mean's?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flying_night_slasher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc51tw/does_anyone_know_what_this_means/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forcing GE on revision on parent

2. Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent

3. log Forcing GE on revision on parent

4. Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-ServerCore-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1,
  5. win 10 setup log forcing ge revision on parent,
  6. Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-EnterpriseSNEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.17763.1,
  7. cbs appl:forcing ge on revision on parent:microsoft-windows-failovercluster-automationserver-package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1,
  8. appl:forcing ge on revision on parent:microsoft-windows-professionalnedition~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~10.0.16299.15,
  9. what does forcing ge on revision on parent mean,
  10. ppl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Nonexist~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.2.8159.0,
  11. Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-EditionPack-Cloud-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1,
  12. Appl:Forcing GE,
  13. what is forcing ge in cbs log?,
  14. appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:,
  15. Appl:Forcing GE on revision on parent:Microsoft-Windows-EnterpriseEvalEdition~