Windows 10: Anyone know what the "Genuine" or "Program" apps are? I am unable to select open file...

Discus and support Anyone know what the "Genuine" or "Program" apps are? I am unable to select open file... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/greentractor202 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/greentractor202, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Anyone know what the "Genuine" or "Program" apps are? I am unable to select open file...

/u/greentractor202, Jan 27, 2021

2. App to open .c6e0ec and .e8d549184 files

Hi Hitkary,

It seems that there is no default app set to open these kind of files. Can you still recall the type of app or program that opens this kind of file?

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest assigning a default app or program to open it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings and click System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • At the bottom, click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down and look for the .e8d549184 file.
    • Once found, click the + sign on the right and select the app you want to use.

Once you've successfully set the default app, try opening the file again and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Hitkary Win User
    App to open .c6e0ec and .e8d549184 files

Thank for your reply. But problem is to set default app, there is only one option "look app for this file in app store" and there is no app in app store that can open the file.

Hitkary, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Anyone know what the "Genuine" or "Program" apps are? I am unable to select open file...

I didn't know what catagory to submit this to. Change program a file opens with.

Hi Anna,

A default program is the program that Windows uses when you open a particular type of file, such as a music file, an image, or a webpage. To change the default program of the file, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key + Right-click on any Machine Embroidery Designs file.
    • Click Open with, and select Choose
      another app.
    • Click the checkbox besides the Always use this app to open .art files.
    • Select the default program that you want to use.
    • Press OK.

You can also change the default programs in Windows 10 by following the steps in this

link

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Anyone know what the "Genuine" or "Program" apps are? I am unable to select open file...

1. Anyone know what the "Genuine" or "Program" apps are? I am unable to select open file... - Similar Threads - Anyone Genuine Program

2. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know what this is?: Theres a folder called Backup in appdata/local. It has a single text file in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-what-this-is/879d9493-83bc-42ee-a30f-a75de62f005a
  3. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know what this is?: Theres a folder called Backup in appdata/local. It has a single text file in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-what-this-is/879d9493-83bc-42ee-a30f-a75de62f005a
  4. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] After installing windows I noticed this window border there, I am unable to interact with it nor am I able to figure out what this is and how to fix it submitted by /u/hotspitta312 [link] [comments]...
  5. Anyone knows what this is?

Anyone knows what this is?: do anyone knows what this "program" means? literally bought this notebook 3 days ago, and this is something i dont have any idea what it is. submitted by /u/Imtiredpleaseshtup [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzqvij/anyone_knows_what_this_is/
  6. Anyone knows what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone knows what is it?: Windows Version number 19041.685 Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to...
  7. Anyone know what this file is used for

Anyone know what this file is used for: My antivirus picked up on this today and not sure if its safe to delete. Nothing showing up in my google search. I'd like to delete it, but not sure what it'll do to my system. Anyone have any ideas \AppData\Roaming\SVaKkGQJRumi.cMd submitted by /u/djs427 [link]...
  8. Anyone know what this is?

Anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enyj9s/anyone_know_what_this_is/
  9. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what this is?: Anyone recognize this message or know how to stop it? With all the viruses and malware going around, you would think AMD would have something more official looking than this??? [img] 136532
  10. Anyone know what this file extension is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what this file extension is?: These are the files on my back up drive, some are Ghost and (so I thought) a Win 10 back up. One has the extension .7 file. I know this is usually 7 zip but I don't use 7 zip and it looks like a back up from the size of it. Any ideas please? [img] 113979