Windows 10: Anyone know what these DISM features do?

Discus and support Anyone know what these DISM features do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alright - this is something bothering me for a while, since I can't find any documentation about these Basically, you can use the command dism /online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hzdoesnotexist, May 4, 2021.

1. Anyone know what these DISM features do?

Alright - this is something bothering me for a while, since I can't find any documentation about these Basically, you can use the command dism /online /get-features and you'll get a list of features you can enable/disable - most of these features are documents/give description info when you use the dism /online /get-featureinfo /featurename:featurehere command. However, there are a few features that don't have any documentation. Windows-Defender-Default-Definitions, Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package, Microsoft-Windows-NetFx4-US-OC-Package, Microsoft-Windows-Client-EmbeddedExp-Package, Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-WCF-OC-Package, Microsoft-Windows-NetFx4-WCF-US-OC-Package There's also SearchEngine-Client-Package which claims to be related to Windows Search, but doesn't seem to affect Windows search at all when disabled. Anyways, does anyone know what these features do? If so, that'd be great. Version number: 17763.316 (Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019)

:)

Hzdoesnotexist, May 4, 2021

2. Anyone know what these DISM features do?

Hello @Hzdoesnotexist,
    Welcome to TenForums. *Thumbs

Put these into a CMD Prompt and press <Enter> . . .

Code:
    The first one will list the Features Sorted by Enabled-Disabled-Name
    The second one will list the Features Sorted by Enabled-Name
    The third one will list the Features Sorted by Disabled-Name

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, May 5, 2021
  3. Anyone know what these DISM features do?

Alright - this is something bothering me for a while, since I can't find any documentation about these
    Basically, you can use the command dism /online /get-features and you'll get a list of features you can enable/disable - most of these features are documents/give description info when you use the dism /online /get-featureinfo /featurename:featurehere command. However, there are a few features that don't have any documentation.
    Windows-Defender-Default-Definitions, Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OC-Package, Microsoft-Windows-NetFx4-US-OC-Package, Microsoft-Windows-Client-EmbeddedExp-Package, Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-WCF-OC-Package, Microsoft-Windows-NetFx4-WCF-US-OC-Package

There's also SearchEngine-Client-Package which claims to be related to Windows Search, but doesn't seem to affect Windows search at all when disabled.

Anyways, does anyone know what these features do? If so, that'd be great.

Version number: 17763.316 (Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019)

Hzdoesnotexist, May 5, 2021
  4. Anyone know what these DISM features do?

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Anyone know what these DISM features do?

1. Anyone know what these DISM features do? - Similar Threads - Anyone DISM features

2. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know what this is?: Theres a folder called Backup in appdata/local. It has a single text file in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-what-this-is/879d9493-83bc-42ee-a30f-a75de62f005a
  3. anyone know what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone know what to do?: i recently factory restarted my pc with usb, although now i cannot connect to the internet, no connections show up at all, i use ethernet and had no problems before resettingwindows 22h2 home...
  4. anyone know what to do?

anyone know what to do?: i recently factory restarted my pc with usb, although now i cannot connect to the internet, no connections show up at all, i use ethernet and had no problems before resettingwindows 22h2 home...
  5. anyone know what to do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Anyone know what defenderbootstrapper.exe do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know what defenderbootstrapper.exe do?: I recently detected this app trying to access my internet and my firewall prevented that. I searched defenderbootstrapper.exe and found a site saying it's a coin miner. Should I be wary?...
  7. Anyone know what defenderbootstrapper.exe do?

Anyone know what defenderbootstrapper.exe do?: I recently detected this app trying to access my internet and my firewall prevented that. I searched defenderbootstrapper.exe and found a site saying it's a coin miner. Should I be wary?...
  8. Anyone knows what this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone knows what this is?: do anyone knows what this "program" means? literally bought this notebook 3 days ago, and this is something i dont have any idea what it is. submitted by /u/Imtiredpleaseshtup [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzqvij/anyone_knows_what_this_is/
  9. Anyone knows what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone knows what is it?: Windows Version number 19041.685 Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to...
  10. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what this is?: Anyone recognize this message or know how to stop it? With all the viruses and malware going around, you would think AMD would have something more official looking than this??? [img] 136532