Windows 10: Anyone know what this file extension is?

Discus and support Anyone know what this file extension is? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; These are the files on my back up drive, some are Ghost and (so I thought) a Win 10 back up. One has the extension .7 file. I know this is usually 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spottydog10, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Anyone know what this file extension is?

These are the files on my back up drive, some are Ghost and (so I thought) a Win 10 back up.
    One has the extension .7 file. I know this is usually 7 zip but I don't use 7 zip and it looks like a back up from
    the size of it. Any ideas please?

Anyone know what this file extension is? [​IMG]

:)

spottydog10, Jul 12, 2018

2. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Anyone know what this file extension is?

Files given .pos extension

Hi Howard,

System file corruption may cause sudden changes in your saved files. For us to know what's causing this unusual behavior, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Are you seeing the same thing when accessing these files on another computer?
    • Is the issue confined to .epub and .mp3 files only? Are you encountering the same difficulty with your other file extensions?
    • Which Windows 10 version are you using?
    • Are there any third party applications or programs installed on your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Anyone know what this file extension is?

1. Anyone know what this file extension is? - Similar Threads - Anyone file extension

2. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know what this is?: Theres a folder called Backup in appdata/local. It has a single text file in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-what-this-is/879d9493-83bc-42ee-a30f-a75de62f005a
  3. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know what this is?: Theres a folder called Backup in appdata/local. It has a single text file in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-what-this-is/879d9493-83bc-42ee-a30f-a75de62f005a
  4. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] After installing windows I noticed this window border there, I am unable to interact with it nor am I able to figure out what this is and how to fix it submitted by /u/hotspitta312 [link] [comments]...
  5. Anyone knows what this is?

Anyone knows what this is?: do anyone knows what this "program" means? literally bought this notebook 3 days ago, and this is something i dont have any idea what it is. submitted by /u/Imtiredpleaseshtup [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzqvij/anyone_knows_what_this_is/
  6. Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is?: Hi! About a month ago, Windows Defender found a trojan virus on my laptop and reported that a file inside the C:\Windows\System32\drivers named "hostdump_mem_log1000001d3.[a few digits]" was affected. Since it was stopped and no other suspicious events happened since then, I...
  7. Anyone knows what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone knows what is it?: Windows Version number 19041.685 Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to...
  8. Anyone know what this file is used for

Anyone know what this file is used for: My antivirus picked up on this today and not sure if its safe to delete. Nothing showing up in my google search. I'd like to delete it, but not sure what it'll do to my system. Anyone have any ideas \AppData\Roaming\SVaKkGQJRumi.cMd submitted by /u/djs427 [link]...
  9. Anyone know what this is?

Anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enyj9s/anyone_know_what_this_is/
  10. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what this is?: Anyone recognize this message or know how to stop it? With all the viruses and malware going around, you would think AMD would have something more official looking than this??? [img] 136532