Windows 10: Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu?

Discus and support Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cannot even type in the settings menu. This happened after recently updating. submitted by /u/Left4Head [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Left4Head, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu?

I cannot even type in the settings menu. This happened after recently updating.

submitted by /u/Left4Head
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Left4Head, Apr 24, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu?

Start Menu Search Missing

Hi,

There could be changes or updates performed on your computer that caused this problem with your start menu search. Have you tried running the
    Start menu troubleshooter? If you haven't yet, then we suggest running it for us to further isolate the problem. Check out
    Try the troubleshooter from this link.

Please verify also if the search bar is enabled in the taskbar. To check, right-click the Taskbar, then navigate to
    Cortana > Show search box as shown in the photo below:

Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu? a60a98cd-0534-4915-8f00-57faf58f344e.png

If Search is still missing in the Start menu, then please run the command below in Windows PowerShell. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in PowerShell, then right-click
      Windows PowerShell in the search results.
    • At the command prompt, type in the command below and hit Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu?

1. Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu? - Similar Threads - Anyone update broke

2. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  3. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  4. Can't type in start menu search bar?

in Cortana
    Can't type in start menu search bar?: Today i started facing this issue after i set my system's locale to japan so i could run some software.The language options on the bottom right of the bar disappeared and suddenly I wasn't able to type anything in the search box of the start menu. or the settings. I tried...
  5. Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pulagatha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnsn6a/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_search_menu/
  6. I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix?

I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigbudsy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcreje/i_cant_open_my_start_menu_or_search_bar_anyone/
  7. how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?: as the title says is there a way to disable "Type to search" in start menu? [ATTACH] else if that can't be done, is there a way to disable task bar to a specific user?...
  8. Search bar below next the start menu is not working after i don't know which update

Search bar below next the start menu is not working after i don't know which update: I had to repost to make it clearly, this search is not working, tapping on it doesn't do anything, start menu and everything else works fine, i noticed the issue two days ago, please help submitted by /u/SnoopDoge93 [link] [comments]...
  9. Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?

Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?: It's getting kinda annoying having random videos pop up in Start when I'm just trying to find a file on my computer. submitted by /u/DeportThatBeanBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1nofy/does_anyone_know_how_to_disable_web_results_in/
  10. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057